What's new

Lahore City, clean and green, silky smooth roads, where is Karachi?

hmmn, go out of lahore and into rest of Punjab, but the people from Sindh told me it's far worse their. I haven't been to to sindh to verify but what I can say is. As a Quom Pakistani people love to litter but maybe they are not at 100% fault as there is virtually nothing done by government to keep it clean either.

As a Quom Pakistani people love to litter but maybe they are not at 100% fault as there is virtually nothing done by government to keep it clean either.

Clean area tends to be clean, as it is a human psyche, dirt and garbage attracts more garbage.

Like in a clean shopping mall people will not throw litter around, but will do in an unclean area. Same is true of city roads and public places.

Last edited:
Down in gutter. No solution for karachi until they make karachi separate province. Sindhi PPP can't even control larkana.

The Idea of a biomass for households in my opinion is a very good way of dealing with garbage! Not a fan of fawad chaudhry but this is a good idea.

Lahore ka beh aab bura haal hona shoro ho gaya hai is government say idaray sahe say nahe chalaye ja rahay

Visited Lahore last year. DHA, Cantt, Model Town, Wapda, bahria town are organised housing schemes. The old city or walled city in north of Lahore is unorganised mess though it no longer is biggest part of Lahore area wise. Still I didn't saw garbage problem as one see in Karachi even in old city. Its a shame but Karachi problems started with sudden explosion of population and along with it illegal encroachments.

DHA and other housing societies have taken up large part of Lahore land now. My guess is after decade or two only option will be high rise apartments.

All-Phases-of-DHA-Lahore.jpg

Clean area tends to be clean, as it is a human psyche, dirt and garbage attracts more garbage.

Like in a clean shopping mall people will not throw litter around, but will do in an unclean area. Same is true of city roads and public places.

Solution in Pakistan is to recycle waste. Make it investor friendly by giving tax concession etc Then you will not see any garbage lying around as it will be worth something. Some people go from house to house and pay for empty plastic bottles. Imagine if Pakistan start generation of electricity from garbage.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom