What's new

Lady Cadets of Pakistan:VICE

Turkey and Israel could be an exception I believe. And Norway recently took that to a far upper level :D
No idea about Turkey, the IDF's female combatants are a myth (they rarely serve on the frontline but in secondary/support roles), yes though Norway has truly mixed infantry units with women.

The US also recently made women eligible to be deployed in combatant roles but this is mostly about political correctness very little has changed for the US Mil.

I doubt they are infantarians... Pilots,combat eng,med corps,Gendarmerie we have women in those roles aswell.. not not infantary ... thts a big no no.

Nope. Infantry as hell :D

sd_4323.jpg

Also artillery.

dogu-nun-kadin-komutanlari_1977_b.jpg

They can apply to any branch here. Except for special forces.

Last edited:
I bet you know alot about paratrooping?the source details,duration etc etc ... right.. bet you havent fired a rifle in your entire like (18+? years)..
I have completed an Advanced Free Fall (AFF) course consisting of 8 jumps last year and only a paucity of funds held my friend and I from going for the instructors course, my Uncle was formerly in the 7 PARA (Airborne) btn of the Indian Army but I'll admit I know next to nothing about Paratrooping.

As for weapon firing, I am not going to claim to me an expert marksmen but I have quite extensive "hands on" experience with the SA-80A2, Glock-17 and .22 rifle. To be fair I've only fired about 100 rounds with each weapon so I am quite the novice-true.

All this is irrelevant though. There's NO WAY these women ca be called Paratroopers, as, like I said- this is a COMBATANT role and you yourself have pointed out these women won't serve in the PA in any COMBATANT role.

Back off buddy. Calling me a troll for pointing out the TRUTH?

sd_4323.jpg

Also artillery.

They can apply to any branch here. Except for special forces. And they can't get a rank higher than General Staff Colonel
For what reason has Turkey taken this step- inducting females into combatant positions? I don't know much about the Turkish Military sir- please enlighten me.

I have completed an Advanced Free Fall (AFF) course consisting of 8 jumps last year and only a paucity of funds held my friend and I from going for the instructors course, my Uncle was formerly in the 7 PARA (Airborne) btn of the Indian Army but I'll admit I know next to nothing about Paratrooping.

As for weapon firing, I am not going to claim to me an expert marksmen but I have quite extensive "hands on" experience with the SA-80A2, Glock-17 and .22 rifle. To be fair I've only fired about 100 rounds with each weapon so I am quite the novice-true.

All this is irrelevant though. There's NO WAY these women ca be called Paratroopers, as, like I said- this is a COMBATANT role and you yourself have pointed out these women won't serve in the PA in any COMBATANT role..

Outside Pak territory they wont!

But they would work as combat engs,Combat docs,Signals corps,Air defence,Heli,fixed wing pilots,fighter pilots and so on!

sd_4323.jpg

Also artillery.

They can apply to any branch here. Except for special forces.

Political gimmick bro? as for Pak Army..as of right now we have female Maj Generals.. but they belong to the med corps..

Outside Pak territory they wont!

But they would work as combat engs,Combat docs,Signals corps,Air defence,Heli,fixed wing pilots,fighter pilots and so on!
What an utter waste of time then! Imposing such arbitrary restrictions on military units based on the geographic location of the battlefield?

Why has the Pak Mil inducted females in such roles?

And is this an official policy wherein females are only allowed to serve/fight on Pakistani soil?

In a war situation then females will have to be removed from their positions (leaving holes in a unit's capabilities) if the unit is to move/fight across the border? If a SQD/flight is engaging in "hot pursuit" the fighters being flown by women will have to break off at the border and allow the fighters flown by their male counterparts to fly into enemy territory alone? IF this is an official policy (again I doubt this) then this is MASSIVELY flawed....

What an utter waste of time then! Imposing such arbitrary restrictions on military units based on the geographic location of the battlefield?

Why has the Pak Mil inducted females in such roles?

And is this an official policy wherein females are only allowed to serve/fight on Pakistani soil?

In a war situation then females will have to be removed from their positions (leaving holes in a unit's capabilities) if the unit is to move/fight across the border? If a SQD/flight is engaging in "hot pursuit" the fighters being flown by women will have to break off at the border and allow the fighters flown by their male counterparts to fly into enemy territory alone? IF this is an official policy (again I doubt this) then this is MASSIVELY flawed....

Wow do you even think before posting stuff?

We dnt have whole "female regiments" but lady officers posted in regiments... surely we wont be sending them behind enemy lines...

Wow do you even think before posting stuff?

We dnt have whole "female regiments" but lady officers posted in regiments... surely we wont be sending them behind enemy lines...
Indeed, as I thought- 'mixed units' and then this situation is FAR worse, you'll be sending in btns/companies/regiments/platoons without their officers? Fighter jocks without their wing(wo)men?

In this case where you have an official (?) policy of not sending females into "enemy" territory it would actually make more sense to have all-female units that could not be sent into enemy territory instead of dismembering a unit and ultimately affecting its overall military effectiveness.

I doubt the Pak Mil are this foolish.....

And does this "rule" apply to conflict areas WITHIN Pak borders? I dare say the risk to females is far greater going up against such scum as the Taliban than an enemy who will comply by the Geneva convention.

All this is irrelevant though. There's NO WAY these women ca be called Paratroopers, as, like I said- this is a COMBATANT role and you yourself have pointed out these women won't serve in the PA in any COMBATANT role.

Back off buddy. Calling me a troll for pointing out the TRUTH?

For what reason has Turkey taken this step- inducting females into combatant positions? I don't know much about the Turkish Military sir- please enlighten me.

Well, it was not taken I believe. It's been that way for decades. officer trainings in TAF depends between 4-12 years excluding additional branch courses. Women do have 4 years of training at War Academies. When they reached to the rank OF-2 (Captain), they can apply to War College exams. If they pass it they'll have 4 more years of advanced training at War College (not to be mixed with War Academy). After that they will graduate as Staff Captains. Staff officers can be promoted to general ranks. If they're not graduate of War College, they do retire at the rank Colonel.

NCOs do receive 2 years of training excluding branch courses. After their graduation they do apply to branch courses (infantry, commando, artillery...etc). Both by law and military traditions; they're not . different than males, males are not different than them. They all are Officers & NCOs. I'll give you three examples from Hakkari/Çukurova, the most far province at Southeastern Turkey.

1390904273_88_dogu-nun-kadin-komutanlari-turk-askeri-kadin-asker-turk-silahli-kuvvetleri-1411880.jpg

Here's an Artillery Officer of a forward operating base. They're 7/24 operational due to situation in there.

1390904291_88_dogu-nun-kadin-komutanlari-turk-askeri-kadin-asker-turk-silahli-kuvvetleri-1411898.jpg

An Army Aviator, Blackhawk pilot officer of 4rd Army Aviation Regiment from the same region. They have the highest flight hour rate per flight. (Note: Turkey itself has the highest rate at flight hours per flight at UH-60 Blackhawk. Even more than US, it's recorded by Sikorsky)

sd_4323.jpg

A commando officer from the same region.

All those women operated at the counter-terrorism area of operations.

Well, it was not taken I believe. It's been that way for decades. officer trainings in TAF depends between 4-12 years excluding additional branch courses. Women do have 4 years of training at War Academies. When they reached to the rank OF-2 (Captain), they can apply to War College exams. If they pass it they'll have 4 more years of advanced training at War College (not to be mixed with War Academy). After that they will graduate as Staff Captains. Staff officers can be promoted to general ranks. If they're not graduate of War College, they do retire at the rank Colonel.

NCOs do receive 2 years of training excluding branch courses. After their graduation they do apply to branch courses (infantry, commando, artillery...etc). Both by law and military traditions; they're not . different than males, males are not different than them. They all are Officers & NCOs. I'll give you three examples from Hakkari/Çukurova, the most far province at Southeastern Turkey.

1390904273_88_dogu-nun-kadin-komutanlari-turk-askeri-kadin-asker-turk-silahli-kuvvetleri-1411880.jpg

Here's an Artillery Officer of a forward operating base. They're 7/24 operational due to situation in there.

1390904291_88_dogu-nun-kadin-komutanlari-turk-askeri-kadin-asker-turk-silahli-kuvvetleri-1411898.jpg

An Army Aviator, Blackhawk pilot officer of 4rd Army Aviation Regiment from the same region. They have the highest flight hour rate per flight. (Note: Turkey itself has the highest rate at flight hours per flight at UH-60 Blackhawk. Even more than US, it's recorded by Sikorsky)

sd_4323.jpg

A commando officer from the same region.
Talking specifically about combat roles (infantry.commando/arty etc) the Turkish military has had none of the problems other militaries (Canadian, US, UK etc) have encountered? Such as high pregnancy rates, high drop out rates, issues with fitness and injury and a lack of eligible female candidates?

Indeed, as I thought- 'mixed units' and then this situation is FAR worse, you'll be sending in btns/companies/regiments/platoons without their officers? Fighter jocks without their wing(wo)men?

In this case where you have an official (?) policy of not sending females into "enemy" territory it would actually make more sense to have all-female units that could not be sent into enemy territory instead of dismembering a unit and ultimately affecting its overall military effectiveness.

I doubt the Pak Mil are this foolish.....

"behind enemy lines..." ?? under the context?? as for fighter pilots... no official policy defined as of yet... but i personally think at max they would be assigned to CAP..

And does this "rule" apply to conflict areas WITHIN Pak borders? I dare say the risk to females is far greater going up against such scum as the Taliban than an enemy who will comply by the Geneva convention.

Not that i know off although there have been pics of Lady docs checking patients in FATA n other insurgency hit areas... as for geneva convention... yeah right as our "enemies" care about geneva or UN.

Back
Top Bottom