What's new

Kurdish deputy Tuluk sentenced to two years in prison for PKK propaganda

silko

Reaction score
Kurdish deputy Tuğluk sentenced to two years in prison for PKK propaganda

if you want to see a picture of this ugly bit*h you can click on the link!

Aysel Tuğluk, an independent Kurdish deputy from the eastern province of Van, has been sentenced to two years in prison for disseminating propaganda for the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

A case was filed against Tuğluk by the Van Specially Authorized Prosecutor's Office for a speech she delivered in the Yüksekova district of the southeastern province of Hakkari in March 2010. Her trial in the Van 3rd High Criminal Court was concluded on Tuesday and the court sentenced Tuğluk to two years in prison for disseminating propaganda for the outlawed PKK.

In initial comments in response to the ruling on the private NTV news station, Tuğluk strongly criticized the ruling. “What do politicians do? They speak, they express their views. This can disturb some people. Everything should be explicitly discussed unless it includes violence. Everything would be different today if we had been able to discuss the Kurdish issue 20 years ago. I am receiving a sentence due to a speech in which I called for peace. What did I say in that speech? I said [jailed PKK leader Abdullah] Öcalan should be accepted as an interlocutor. The state itself is talking to Öcalan. Why is my reference to Öcalan a crime?” she asked.

Tuğluk added that the sentence points to a democracy problem in Turkey. Tuğluk was banned from politics when the pro-Kurdish Democratic Society Party (DTP) was closed in 2009. However, an article included in a government-sponsored constitutional amendment package, which was ratified in the Sept. 12 referendum last year, was drafted to prevent deputies whose political party is shut down from being banned from politics.

In accordance with the recent changes to the Constitution, deputies whose political party is shut down are able to continue participating in politics and Tuğluk was able to be elected as an independent deputy in the June 12 elections and she acquired parliamentary immunity. She also co-chairs the pro-Kurdish Democratic Society Congress (DTK), which recently announced democratic autonomy for Turkey's Kurds.

Kurdish deputy Tu

finally, oh bee! su kel yarrak gari ne hayet bi atildi iceri.

where is your lovely human rights and bdp supporters now huh? why arent pkk protecting you?

Well done, it's about time you started taking a harder line on these separatists. Sure, allow them to exercise their right to free speach but it has to be within limits, supporting a terrorist organization is clearly a crime worthy of treason and should be treated as so.

Back
Top Bottom