What's new

Kudankulam a lesson in building new nuclear plants

His sense that his parishioners were in physical danger.

I believe that entire hierarchy is involved

This was even included in the Christmas homily (or Easter one, I don't remember exactly) of the Bishop of Latin Catholic Archdiocese of Trivandrum & was telecasted by every Malayalam channel.

Either they have been fooled by S. P. Udayakumar or there is something else. Anyway, even one my educated friend, a lawyer did mistook S. P. Udayakumar for a Nuclear scientist, and it took me 30 minutes to convince him that he wasn't - So I wouldn't blame them for being misguided.

Don't get me wrong mate, I am a Syriac Christian. As far as I know, Catholic Church in India, involving three individual churches- have huge assets, including revenue generating ones. I see no reason why they need aid from foreign NGOs ?

I have heard about Syrian Catholic bishops from Kerala, lamenting on 'poverty' & 'hardship' in their dioceses before western audiences even on visits to poor countries like Poland to raise charity funds. He was actually from a rich diocese, an average laity member there has better living standards than an average Pole. And not to forget that many of these Bishops themselves lead a luxurious lives-the one in the question has a Merc E-class for his personal use :lol:

And as I often tell to my friends (including priests ), these Catholic churches are more like a private limited company- an average laity member would have no knowledge of the financial transactions happening inside. :lol:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom