What's new

KP plans Peshawar Metro Bus at much higher cost than Pindi

Troll Thread.

It is clear that the project is only in planning stages. No one can say at this stage, how much it would cost. All the hullabaloo is premature.

It is interesting to note that PML-N by addressing a public need has set an agenda for others to follow - willingly or unwillingly. There could be a lot of co-operation in this regard, but priorities of PTI are so very lop-sided right now towards agitation as opposed to development.

I suppose in about a year and a half, when nobody would be interested in mid-term elections, PTI would finally focus on development.

Bad policy.

Still a better "troll" thread than suggesting incestous relations between the PM and his daughter. Kind of sets the mentality level on trolling.
Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif?

Before starting any such PTI so called "Jangla bus service" for people of peshawar, IK and all Potians should first tender any apology to the punjab Gov. and people of Lahore and Punjab for blaming them of wasting resources on metro projects.

How can we forget following bak bak done by PTI, IK and Ch. Pervaiz Ellahi on Lahore and Pindi Metro:

It is Jangla bus
People don't need buses , they need hospital and education
This is waste of money and resources
Lahore is not whole punjab , why metro in Lahore

another article by the new/jang/geo/ptv2/PMLN media cell ..seems like they are making every effort to destroy kpk government ..after geo we should brought them on their news ...
The pathetic performance of KPK government itself is enough to destroy PTI.

Before starting any such PTI so called "Jangla bus service" for people of peshawar, IK and all Potians should first tender any apology to the punjab Gov. and people of Lahore and Punjab for blaming them of wasting resources on metro projects.

How can we forget following bak bak done by PTI, IK and Ch. Pervaiz Ellahi on Lahore and Pindi Metro:

It is Jangla bus
People don't need buses , they need hospital and education
This is waste of money and resources
Lahore is not whole punjab , why metro in Lahore

The pathetic performance of KPK government itself is enough to destroy PTI.
as far as i knw ..people are satisfied with the performance ... u can have ur own opinion ...

Secondly, IK quoted Asian development bank that Metro bus project should complete in RS 4 Billion, That was not his personal opinion.
IK is misleading the people, there hasn't been any such report by ADB that claims the cost of pindi metro will be 4 Billion. That report was only about purchasing some buses to run between Pindi and Islamabad, It wasn't about any metro bus service with separate roads, lanes, bridges and A/C buses.

Thirdly, It is in planning stage, nothing confirmed yet.
Don't worry dude, keeping in view the ridiculous performance of KPK gov. this project will remain on paper even in 2017.

We love IK and will love him for the rest of our lives.
Hoor Chuppo

as far as i knw ..people are satisfied with the performance ... u can have ur own opinion ...
yes the facebook and twitter brigade is very much satisfied.

The KPK Gov. has even prepared the feasibility report for Peshawar Metro on 1 Million dollar laon amount.

If they can't finance the cost of preparation of feasibility report (which is just 1 Million dollar), we should expect any nothing for this project from KPK Budget.

Whereas the Punjab Gov. has built both Lahore and Pindi metro in record tiem with its own resources, with out nay help from Federal Gov of foreign loans.

Last edited:
Its 24 km to be exact and a partial elevated that is Rail compatible. See the plan by project director, the physical structure and stations i posted on page 1.

Also things like Buses get included. Rawalpindi and Islamabad plan to add 65 Articulated Buses while Peshawar plans 61 leaving leaving with a question whether they would be articulated or no articulated

52e90bb779eb9.jpg

Moreover, Islamabad has plans to build Peshawar Morr Interchange that will benefit both public transport and private automobiles between 2 cities.

MBS-RWP-ISLAMABAD_029.jpg

ws8w1f.jpg

Moreover due to red zone there is a plan to make Pak Secratariat Underground. It will be 1 km in length

BpxjuUvCAAAZlKv.jpg:large

First of all 22.5km figure came from one of the post above and the source of images is PML-N itself. So I do not see a reason why calculations should be made on 24km.

All the construction work you mention above is part of the project as a whole. Secondly can you provide any source that 4.94 billion you mention above is added to MBS cost and not to a separate head?

Just for sake of argument:

44.3 - 4.94 = 39.36Billion //Subtract cost of Interchange which I am not sure was really part of MBS cost.
39.36 - (65 * 55 million) = 35.785 Billion
New Cost of Rawalpindi Section: (19.46/44.3)*35.785=15.72 Billion.
15.72/8.6 = 1.83 Billion/km for elevated track.

1.83 Billion/km * 26 = 47.58 Billion.
51.675 - 47.58 = 4.095 Billion
4.095 / 61 = 67.13 Million/Bus.
or
Difference of 739.93 million.

Even with taking all your assumptions into considerations, costs per km comes out to be roughly same.

Moving on even with the above calculations the only point you are able to prove is that you(PML-N) is buying a sports car at the right price. While the criticism this whole time has been that we(People of Islamabad-Rawalpindi) do not need a sports car. Instead a usual sedan would have sufficed. So there is still no point in the article you posted in opening post.

It remains to be seen what option PTI goes with and what level of service that option provides to residents of Peshawar. My opinion: Even if the level of service is roughly same(or even a tad bit lower) and the cost is significantly lower, I will consider that PTI used funds wisely and not in Mughlia way.

Since we are on defense forum this example might help you understand what I am trying to say: Everyone of us would like PAF to have spanking new Block52s or EF but since Pakistan is short of funds, we make do with second-hand F-16s and Upgraded Mirages.(Effectiveness vs WoW Factor).

yes the facebook and twitter brigade is very much satisfied.

The KPK Gov. has even prepared the feasibility report for Peshawar Metro on 1 Million dollar laon amount.

If they can't finance the cost of preparation of feasibility report (which is just 1 Million dollar), we should expect any nothing for this project from KPK Budget.

Whereas the Punjab Gov. has built both Lahore and Pindi metro in record tiem with its own resources,
with out nay help from Federal Gov of foreign loans.
u cant compare punjab with KPK ... punjab was even more then the rest of proviance b4 nawaz ... do u agree or not?? let it b PPP government, pml 1 gover pml government or any martial law. i know u already know that or many poe u r dumb enough not to notice it as most of the people are slaves of bhutto and sharif family .. they have their parents voted for them, u vote them , ur childern will vote for mariyan and hamza ... they have already rule 6 times and due to their governce and stupidies Pakistan is what it is now

KPK is a war infested province .. It need time to repair , law and order situation is worse, PTI is doing every good governance .. u might consider every PTi supporter a twiiter of fb fan ..but they won in place where there is no internet ...

Unlike u i have i lived in more provinces and cities then u will ever live in ur whole life...even hard core PPP, ANP, JUi and PMLN fans admire the governance of the proviance ...

@Ranasikander - bhai, please avoid using terms like potians. I know you can argue with civility and patience. PTI sympathizers have a certain reputation. Do you want the same for yourself & PML?

Also, Pindi metro has hardly begun, and yet you are talking about it being complete in record time? When did that happen?

Record time , claims , just like claims of fixing electricity in 20 days. Oh damn ... is that roar I hear Sher agiya ... bhago ... forget electricity

Coming from The News. The parent of Geo, which is a patwari channel.

As far as I remember, Imran in an interview mentioned a light transit rail. Its costly to build but cheaper in a long run.

Mass transit is not a Sharif creation. Its the need of all big cities of Pakistan but definitely not Metro Bus, which is costly to run and carries lower density of commuters.

@Ranasikander - bhai, please avoid using terms like potians. I know you can argue with civility and patience. PTI sympathizers have a certain reputation. Do you want the same for yourself & PML?

Also, Pindi metro has hardly begun, and yet you are talking about it being complete in record time? When did that happen?
Work is going on day and night and it will be completed by December. Atleast you shouldnt fault Shahbaz Sharif for completing projects he starts well before time. He did the same with Nandi Pur. Thats why he was so eager to get ministry of power before elections. Apart all the biases he is the most competent CM of all 4 CMs hands down. Just coz he is associated with N doesnt mean you malign his efficiency. He is the only reason PML N still exists.

Work is going on day and night and it will be completed by December. Atleast you shouldnt fault Shahbaz Sharif for completing projects he starts well before time. He did the same with Nandi Pur. Thats why he was so eager to get ministry of power before elections. Apart all the biases he is the most competent CM of all 4 CMs hands down. Just coz he is associated with N doesnt mean you malign his efficiency. He is the only reason PML N still exists.

Argue on facts, not impressions. When I said Pindi Metro is not complete, I stated a fact. You do not need to go all touchy and emotional if I have corrected a factual mistake.

I live in Lahore and you do not need to educate me about Shahbaz Sharif.

23f6a067599ae98276b159b7685c0abf_L.jpg
گمراہ کن خبر، یا ٹائپنگ میں کوئی غلطی: پشاور ریپڈ بس سروس کی لاگت پر اتنی بڑی غلطی کیسے؟
News published on Peshawar Rapid Mass Transit System (10th June) in an online news network shows nothing but "Anger" and anger, intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
In 2012 feasibility study by the Asian Development Bank gave an estimate of Rs. 4 billion for a bus-based metro project in Islamabad. As per publiser wrote "Contrary to the claims of Chairman PTI Imran Khan who says Rawalpindi / Islamabad Metro can be built with just Rs4 billion, the PTI-led KP government has prepared a pre-feasibility study for constructing a metro bus in Peshawar at an astounding cost of Rs51.67 billion." By eliminating Asian Development Bank publisher try to associate feasibility based coded amount with PTI Chairman Imran Khan in first part, and in second mislead Peshawar Rapid Mass Transit System cost.

Peshawar Mass Transit containing of 5 Rapid bus services and one Sky-Train. Till now one project of Rapid Bus service out of 5 has been officially approved with estimated cost of Rs. 10 billion Nasir Pur GT Road to Hayatabad Karkhano market 27km long. Rest of 4 bus services and one sky-train has yet not been approved by government of Khyber Pakhunkhwa.

The whole six projects estimated cost is Rs. 63 billion, if we consider a human mistake of reading 6 as 1 yet it doesn't justify coded amount of R. 51.67 billion. Publisher claims that transport department of Planning and Development has prepared this per-feasibility report where as report has been prepared by local and international private consultants.

The original per-feasibility and feasibility reports of PRMTS first phase Nasir Pur GT Road to Hayatabad Karkhano market can easily get from CM Secretariat Peshawar or Directorate of Information and Public Relations Govt. KP.

Moral: While seeking personal revenge, dig two graves, one for professional life and second for yourself.

oh ... come on guys.. this is just a pre feasibility... and pro PMLN media is projecting it as of final expenditure .. BS..

Also the pre feasibility should be for whole Mass Transit and not for one!..

Propaganda at its best!

Man I was in Pindi last week, and they have dug up the entire Murree road and Blue Area. They are literally working day and night (seriously, I saw workers active very late)!
Those "Y" shaped pillars (don't know what you call them) are already installed. I think they will be able to finish it in December, if not before that IA!!

Man I was in Pindi last week, and they have dug up the entire Murree road and Blue Area. They are literally working day and night (seriously, I saw workers active very late)!
Those "Y" shaped pillars (don't know what you call them) are already installed. I think they will be able to finish it in December, if not before that IA!!

We in Lahore have suffered through this 'full throttle' approach. What could be done with minimum fuss in 13 months was done with a lot of inconvenience to the public in 10 months. If SS says that he will get something done in x months, he would get it done. No doubt about that.

Back
Top Bottom