What's new

Khewra Salt Mine

IsbLhrMar1140D_307_naxty.jpg

images

419793571_3ed6c69eeb.jpg

2012-03-17_134_te.jpg

23882.jpg@crop,658,370,c.jpg

He-155.JPG

.........................................................................................
Water Pool inside Khewra Salt Mine

Water_Pool_inside_Khewra_Salt_Mine_hjkpm_Pak101(dot)com.jpg

1026598d1362571243-rohtas-fort-khewra-salt-mines-388260-rohtas-fort-amp-khewra-salt-mines-sam-4357.jpg

Went to visit these mines back in 1997. it was a superb sight

5a7f612117590.jpg

View of a salt mine in a mountain. — Photos by the writer

The entire Salt Range belt is blessed with various kinds of minerals such as salt, coal and gypsum.

One of the salt mines in this area, the Khewra Salt Mines, is popular with tourists.

There is great potential for tourism by developing the other mines into tourist attractions as well.

Some of these mines are located in one of the more picturesque parts of the Salt Range, near Kallar Kahar.

Unlike Khewra, which is dry and where the water reservoirs are often short on water, the Kallar Kahar area has many natural springs. A rough road branches out of the main Chakwal-Sargodha Road near the Laphi Village, and leads to four mines.

Khewra Salt Mine Information History Documentary in Urdu

I am stunned that no one is marketing health products with this. There could be a huge market for body scrubs, organic soaps etc that could fetch $50-100m within some years in the West.

But for some reason you export this to India for rock bottom prices and they then sell it for huge profit internationally? What madness!

Back
Top Bottom