What's new

Khaqan Abbasi excuse s himself from appearing before NAB today & NAB arrested him

Or support the first Prime Minister we have been missing from decades who talk about accountability, taxe net, etc ?

He has shortcomings without doubt, but let’s having his chance keeping in mind that his party does not have full majority and the corrupts are barking like hell’s dogs.
Lol speaking like true fascist ,differenc of opinion should always be welcomed and it is the will of people to reject such people ,In case of khansb you will see very quickly

Lol speaking like true fascist ,differenc of opinion should always be welcomed and it is the will of people to reject such people ,In case of khansb you will see very quickly

That’s not an answer to the question which was and still is :

Should we — I will add a small twist in it — let PPP and PML-N continue to buy people with a plate of bariany or some notes in the pockets ?

Maybe your briany smells bank’s notes.

=================

PML-N/PPP : Flare ! Flare!...
fed up awam : no sir !
PML-N/PPP : Shaft! Shaft !
fed up awam : no sir ! You have just farted.
PML-N/PPP : Ok well Fart ! Fart !

Last edited:
71777.jpg

I am not talking about danger to the democracy, I am concerned with the LNG deal only.

I had great respect for Rauf Klasra but after reading this article I have come to the conclusion that he is also ‘Lifafa’ generalist like any other.

I have already stated that petroleum and associated products are my fields where I spent more than 40 years of my working life. I can say for certain that no one can build floating storage, receiving & regasification LNG Unit (FSRU) in Pak Rs 3-billion which at that time was equal to $30-million (currently about $18-milion) only. This is obviously a figure picked out of the air by Mr.Rauf Klasra. A new FSRU costs close $300-million which is Pak Rs 30-billion.

"They cost about $300 million to build, or half as much as an onshore import terminal, and are up and running as much as six times faster, sometimes within as little as a year, according to owners Hoegh LNG and Excelerate Energy". Full article at :

http://gasprocessingnews.com/news/fsru-ships-in-high-demand-as-buyers-seek-quicker-route-to-lng.aspx

Even a second-hand FSRU (A ship with all the associated facilities) will set you back in excess of $150-million. This for the vessel alone, then there is an investment in the on-shore receiving & pumping facilities such as a Jetty for the FSRU to dock, piping, onshore gas storage tanks & pumps and the purchase of land which would cost another $60 to $70-million. Making total cost close $370-million.

Operating expenses of an FSRU are roughly in the range of 2.5% of the Capex, which at $300-million come to around $9-million per annum. ENGRO is allegedly receiving $272 K per day which $99.3-million per year. After deducting $9-million as operating expenses, it leaves Engro $90-million out of which bank interest has to deducted, I would guess investors are getting a return of about 20% may even be 25%. Very good but not uncommon in business ventures, however no way near the highway robbery that Mr.Raff Klasra is implying. If the figure of Rs 13-billion ( $130-million) quoted in the article is correct, then probably this represents an investment for onshore facilities only and the FSRU is probably rented. This means that most of the $99-million received from GOP is paid out as rental charges for the FSRU. However, I would say that Engro would not invest in LNG terminal unless they get close to a 25% return on their equity.

The article is the ultimate malafide Spin. I have no ax to grind and giving my opinion as an oil professional only. Whatever he may be guilty of, I genuinely believe that LNG deal was a good deal and professionally handled by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.

However, it appears that most of my fellow members would rather believe sensation creating newspaper columnists who know next to nothing about the international LNG market or its operations; I see no point in carrying on with this topic. Let people believe what suits their fancy.

Last edited:
I am not talking about danger to the democracy, I am concerned with the LNG deal only.

I had great respect for Rauf Klasra but after reading this article I have come to the conclusion that he is also ‘Lifafa’ generalist like any other.

I have already stated that petroleum and associated products are my fields where I spent more than 40 years of my working life. I can say for certain that no one can build floating storage, receiving & regasification LNG Unit (FSRU) in Pak Rs 3-billion which at that time was equal to $30-million (currently about $18-milion) only. This is obviously a figure picked out of the air by Mr.Rauf Klasra. A new FSRU costs close $300-million which is Pak Rs 30-billion.

"They cost about $300 million to build, or half as much as an onshore import terminal, and are up and running as much as six times faster, sometimes within as little as a year, according to owners Hoegh LNG and Excelerate Energy". Full article at :

http://gasprocessingnews.com/news/fsru-ships-in-high-demand-as-buyers-seek-quicker-route-to-lng.aspx

Even a second-hand FSRU (A ship with all the associated facilities) will set you back in excess of $150-million. This for the vessel alone, then there is an investment in the on-shore receiving & pumping facilities such as a Jetty for the FSRU to dock, piping, onshore gas storage tanks & pumps and the purchase of land which would cost another $60 to $70-million. Making total cost close $370-million.

Operating expenses of an FSRU are roughly in the range of 2.5% of the Capex, which at $300-million come to around $9-million per annum. ENGRO is allegedly receiving $272 K per day which $99.3-million per year. After deducting $9-million as operating expenses, it leaves Engro $90-million out of which bank interest has to deducted, I would guess investors are getting a return of about 20% may even be 25%. Very good but not uncommon in business ventures, however no way near the highway robbery that Mr.Raff Klasra is implying.

This is the ultimate malafide spin. I have no ax to grind and giving my opinion as an oil professional only. Whatever he may be guilty of, I genuinely believe that LNG deal was a good deal and professionally handled by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.

However, it appears that most of my fellow members would rather believe sensation creating newspaper columnists who know next to nothing about the international LNG market or its operations; I see no point in carrying on with this topic. Let people believe what suits their fancy.

Thanks for your detailed analysis.

Anybody who thinks that Khaqan Abbasi is shareef dhoodh ka dhula howa bacha should watch this show

That’s not an answer to the question which was and still is :

Should we — I will add a small twist in it — let PPP and PML-N continue to buy people with a plate of bariany or some notes in the pockets ?

Maybe your briany smells bank’s notes.

=================

PML-N/PPP : Flare ! Flare!...
fed up awam : no sir !
PML-N/PPP : Shaft! Shaft !
fed up awam : no sir ! You have just farted.
PML-N/PPP : Ok well Fart ! Fart !
lol again hatred and opinion of yourself ,people voted for them in Millions and it is the People who will decide rather than you and me here

....... and it is the People who will decide rather than you and me here

You are right that it is ultimately the people, who decide. Consequently, whatever has happened in Pakistan since 1947, has been, what majority of people wanted or, at least, accepted.

Societies or people get, what they deserve.

You are right that it is ultimately the people, who decide. Consequently, whatever has happened in Pakistan since 1947, has been, what majority of people wanted or, at least, accepted.

Societies or people get, what they deserve.

you are not correct sir ,In other words all elections are rigged and selected politicians gets the chance also more than 35 years or half life the country is run by Dictatorship (not choosed by people) remaining 35 is always selected Govts so people has no to little say

Back
Top Bottom