‘Khan Sent Thousands Of Dollars To Pak Terrorists’

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
‘Khan Sent Thousands Of Dollars To Pak Terrorists’
US Imam Takes Stand, Denies Taleban Ties
MIAMI, Feb 20, (AP): An elderly Muslim cleric on trial in the US for allegedly funneling tens of thousands of dollars to the Pakistani Taleban terrorist organization vehemently denied any connection to Islamic extremists and insisted he does not harbor anti-US views.

Hafiz Khan, 77, on Tuesday rejected government charges that he sent at least $50,000 to the Taleban for use in violent attacks against both US and Pakistani interests overseas.

“We are innocent of these accusations,” said Khan, speaking in Pashto through an interpreter. “We have no connection with them whatsoever. We hate them.”

Khan, who became a US citizen after arriving in 1994, said he is proud to live in the country, is registered to vote and doesn’t even know how to fire a gun. The imam of a Miami mosque said he concentrates mainly on Islamic studies and teaching — something he feels utterly free to do in the US because of its guaranteed rights. “It is really a good thing to be a citizen of the United States,” Khan said.

The prosecution’s case is built largely on FBI wiretaps and recorded in-person conversations in which Khan is heard apparently praising attacks committed by the Pakistani Taleban, including some in which US personnel were killed. The Taleban is also linked to al-Qaida and to attempted attacks in the US, such as the failed 2010 bombing in New York’s bustling Times Square.

In some of those calls, Khan appears to be advocating the overthrow of Pakistan’s government, such as one in which he says that “God should turn the government upside down and let it be scattered completely.”

In testimony Tuesday, Khan said he was angered by the Pakistani army’s decision to temporarily shut down a religious school, or madrassa, that he owns in his ancestral Swat Valley. Khan said he was also upset by what he viewed as overly aggressive and violent army actions against dissidents and the poor in their 2009 campaign against the Taleban.

“There was no justice there,” he said. “The majority of the victims were innocent people, and there was no investigation.”

Khan took the stand after his lawyers abandoned an unusual attempt to have defense witnesses testify via video link from Islamabad. The link was shut down last week just a few minutes into the second witness, and US District Judge Robert Scola refused to allow any more delays.

Most of the witnesses either could not or would not come to the US to testify.

One witness who did testify said he handled some $30,000 of Khan’s transactions in Pakistan, insisting they were for innocent and business purposes not connected to the Taleban.

Khan was scheduled to continue testifying Tuesday and could face prosecution cross-examination as early as Wednesday.

The imam of a Miami mosque said he concentrates mainly on Islamic studies and teaching — something he feels utterly free to do in the US because of its guaranteed rights. “It is really a good thing to be a citizen of the United States,” Khan said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...nds-dollars-pak-terrorists.html#ixzz2LX0OiT2X

Hypocrites - they are happy to be western citizens but when someone say to implement same systems in Pakistan than they handout fatwa of kaafir. Pakistan should beg western countries to give citizenship to all our religious clerics - send them there and focus on progress and prosperity.

Title hints towards imran khan, well this khan should be punished if there is evidence.

Hypocrites - they are happy to be western citizens but when someone say to implement same systems in Pakistan than they handout fatwa of kaafir. Pakistan should beg western countries to give citizenship to all our religious clerics - send them there and focus on progress and prosperity.

Exactly! Hypocrites!

“It is really a good thing to be a citizen of the United States,” Khan said.

The prosecution’s case is built largely on FBI wiretaps and recorded in-person conversations in which Khan is heard apparently praising attacks committed by the Pakistani Taleban, including some in which US personnel were killed. The Taleban is also linked to al-Qaida and to attempted attacks in the US, such as the failed 2010 bombing in New York’s bustling Times Square.

I think it sums it up right there in the paragraph above. If Mr. Khan enjoys being a US citizen....why fund the terrorists? Wire tapped and in-person discussions can't be ignored with a statement in the court. Those are proofs. May be if he was paying attention instead of hating the US, he wouldn't have gone so far to fund these killers who murder Pakistanis before they murder Americans. So this Imam paid these terrorists to kill Muslims and then Americans??? Crazy people are everywhere.
These incidents are the reason why such an open society like the US, that welcomes everybody has reservations about Muslims. Sad part is, there isn't enough outreach from the moderates to show the public that not all Muslims are terrorists and there is a huge majority that denounces crap like this. This imam and anyone doing this crap while enjoying the benefits of being in the United States, should be kicked out ASAP!

I think it sums it up right there in the paragraph above. If Mr. Khan enjoys being a US citizen....why fund the terrorists? Wire tapped and in-person discussions can't be ignored with a statement in the court. Those are proofs. May be if he was paying attention instead of hating the US, he wouldn't have gone so far to fund these killers who murder Pakistanis before they murder Americans. So this Imam paid these terrorists to kill Muslims and then Americans??? Crazy people are everywhere.
These incidents are the reason why such an open society like the US, that welcomes everybody has reservations about Muslims. Sad part is, there isn't enough outreach from the moderates to show the public that not all Muslims are terrorists and there is a huge majority that denounces crap like this. This imam and anyone doing this crap while enjoying the benefits of being in the United States, should be kicked out ASAP!

Instead of giving our government bribe (AID) to fight against terrorist, offer these idiots citizenship and execute them there - IF US is sincere.

Its all about money..
they dont want our hard earned money to leave their country and create scares regularly to deter people from sending money...

what the fk is with the title

I agree that the title is misleading and suggests Imran Khan until the article is read in detail.
Moderators be so kind to edit the title please

Sad part is, there isn't enough outreach from the moderates to show the public that not all Muslims are terrorists and there is a huge majority that denounces crap like this. !

friend,
the Muslim voices of peace, moderation and mutual respect are found to be too boring and ignored on purpose by the media so people decide that Muslims as a majority are insensitive although they are showing their shock and disgust but no one is interested whereas one lunatic doing something outrageous gets front story.

Its all about money..
they dont want our hard earned money to leave their country and create scares regularly to deter people from sending money...

Seriously Man , You are a Junior Think Tank !! .. and you thing U.S. pushed Terrorism charges on him to save 50 k USD being sent somewhere . If that was the case almost everyone from third world countries in U.S. would be in hot soup .

They must also would have framed all the proofs going by your statement .

To me your theory sounds like a old wives tale .

Seriously Man , You are a Junior Think Tank !! .. and you thing U.S. pushed Terrorism charges on him to save 50 k USD being sent somewhere . If that was the case almost everyone from third world countries in U.S. would be in hot soup .

They must also would have framed all the proofs going by your statement .

To me your theory sounds like a old wives tale .

Its about scare mongering and control...
Ceating these cases gives them even more access and control over Peoples bank accounts and finances..
10-15 years ago i could carry 10,000 USD in my pockets while on a plane from Florida to Dubai...and i have done it..
I cant do it now without fearing for being accused of something similar as Mr.Khan...
So the scheme doe work...for them

Its about scare mongering and control...
Ceating these cases gives them even more access and control over Peoples bank accounts and finances..
10-15 years ago i could carry 10,000 USD in my pockets while on a plane from Florida to Dubai...and i have done it..
I cant do it now without fearing for being accused of something similar as Mr.Khan...
So the scheme doe work...for them

Considering Remittances from U.S. has only increased in third world countries over the past decade , your whole theory comes down as sand castle in air ( even water).

First of all if he funded Taliban in Pakistan then he doesnt hate US he hates Pakistan since PAkistani talibans are destroying Pakistan and has not done anything single incident against US. so he maybe right in saying he loves US because he is doing US's work to destroy Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom