What's new

Kerala Corner

It was a willfully made mistake. Being in a position of power, one should not make this type of dumb comment when almost all in Kerala knows how much importance that Ezhavas attach to Sree Narayana Guru.

He apologised due to vote bank politics.

Some quarters esp in the north is trying their best to find how to break the new found nair-Ezhava political consensus... so resentment in the think group and their affiliates will break down every now and then on community heads and then apologise due to their uncontrolled sudden burst of anger.

^^ What is the "think group and their affliates" ? Is it a kind of codeword ? :confused:

If Hindus won't unite, we would become a minority in few years time. Panakkad thangal is controlling everything from Malappuram. Unity shouldn't stop at nair and ezhava. It should extend beyond these communities. The flow of petro dollar from GCC has made Muslims the richest and politically dominant community in the state. There is no doubt that pretty soon Kerala will become a land of fundamentalist under huge pressure from radical Islam.:frown:
HaindavaKeralam - Muslim fanatics fear `NILAVILAKKU

HaindavaKeralam - Jihadis oppose cultural symbols in School emblem in Kerala with the blessings of Muslim League

261954_418364408231253_1705113793_n.jpg

If Hindus won't unite, we would become a minority in few years time. Panakkad thangal is controlling everything from Malappuram. Unity shouldn't stop at nair and ezhava. It should extend beyond these communities. The flow of petro dollar from GCC has made Muslims the richest and politically dominant community in the state. There is no doubt that pretty soon Kerala will become a land of fundamentalist under huge pressure from radical Islam.:frown:
HaindavaKeralam - Muslim fanatics fear `NILAVILAKKU
HaindavaKeralam - Jihadis oppose cultural symbols in School emblem in Kerala with the blessings of Muslim League

MMS was not further away from the truth when he said that religious fundamentalism is increasing in Kerala. Threatening the authorities for a veena and a lamp..what next removal of elephant from the state symbol.

Great actor RIP.

Famous dialogues in Sathiriyan: Varanum palaya Paneerselvamai Varanum vanthu en munadi nikkanum((with kerala slang).

Mani bharathi approverr yaaruda intha maniiiiiiii bharathiiiii kuk kiramathila madu mecha chinnachamy inaiku MLA athvum enalla.

It really great loss for film industry.

MMS was not further away from the truth when he said that religious fundamentalism is increasing in Kerala. Threatening the authorities for a veena and a lamp..what next removal of elephant from the state symbol.
I dont know why and how these people are becoming so selfish or radicalised. Some 10 to 15yrs back no one was bothered about ones religion.. but now few months back when i visited kasargod, while at bus stand i was amazed to see lots and lots of muslims girls in parda which was an unusual scene some 15yrs back.. In a way they are isolating themselves from the main stream. But on the other hand i think the christian community has more integrated into the society . For eg they use to light traditional kerala lamps inside their churches which was rare in olden times. And now a days its common that most of the christian girls wearing 'bindi' which was not seen before. (may be its just my observation);)

Muslims are going through a confusing times. money is there, they are buying land everywhere. they became a formiddable power in central kerala after malabar. then, the internal competition between sunnis, breeding salafis and the arabi culture all are not a good sign IMO.

I dont know why and how these people are becoming so selfish or radicalised. Some 10 to 15yrs back no one was bothered about ones religion.. but now few months back when i visited kasargod, while at bus stand i was amazed to see lots and lots of muslims girls in parda which was an unusual scene some 15yrs back..

Come to Thiruvanthapuram..I can see a whole bunch of Muslim women in Purdah and even in Niqab.

In a way they are isolating themselves from the main stream.

When were they integrated in the first place. They even tie mundu the opposite way to show that they are different from others.

But on the other hand i think the christian community has more integrated into the society .For eg they use to light traditional kerala lamps inside their churches which was rare in olden times. And now a days its common that most of the christian girls wearing 'bindi' which was not seen before. (may be its just my observation);)

The daughter in laws of my Christian neighbour wears Sindoor . Don't know how widespread the practice is. On the otherhand not a single Christmas have passed in my family when we didn't put up stars and cut cakes.

Muslims are going through a confusing times. money is there, they are buying land everywhere. they became a formiddable power in central kerala after malabar. then, the internal competition between sunnis, breeding salafis and the arabi culture all are not a good sign IMO.

The only thing that keeps them getting at each other's throat is the collective need to counter Hindu majority.

Come to Thiruvanthapuram..I can see a whole bunch of Muslim women in Purdah and even in Niqab.
When were they integrated in the first place. They even tie mundu the opposite way to show that they are different from others.
I am from Trivandrum. I dont think the community here (southern part) is not that much radicalised as in northern Kerala.

The daughter in laws of my Christian neighbour wears Sindoor . Don't know how widespread the practice is. On the otherhand not a single Christmas have passed in my family when we didn't put up stars and cut cakes.
Even in our place christian ladies use to wear sindoor. So it must be a common practice among them now..I think they are very well integrated. May be they realised the importance of coexistence in a secular society like ours. In my locality they are at the forefront of our annual temple festival.

I am from Trivandrum. I dont think the community here (southern part) is not that much radicalised as in northern Kerala.

Even in our place christian ladies use to wear sindoor. So it must be a common practice among them now..I think they are very well integrated. May be they realised the importance of coexistence in a secular society like ours. In my locality they are at the forefront of our annual temple festival.

I heard most Muslims south of Ernakulam district+Thodupuzha are "Hanafis"(Hanafi Mazhab) like in Tamilnadu. On the contrary, unlike Shafi Muslims, Hanafis(like in Pakistan,North India,Afghanistan etc) are seen as very religious people.
They are called as Thulukkar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as well in Central-South Travancore and Tamilnadu.

Rawther,Labba etc are the surnames used by Hanafis. Only Malayalee Muslim group(Shafis...
"Malabaris/Malayali") in south Kerala are in Kollam,Karunagappilly area. relatively peaceful Muslim countries like Malayasia and Indonesia follows Shafi Mazhab(School of thought).

Regarding Christians, I think you meant Syrian Christians who are the majority in Travancore. Even Latin Catholics are fine. the "heretics" the Protestent groups operating from Thiruvalla,Shoranur like places are IMO, places conversion as a priority. they gets funds anyway.

________ _________ ___________ ___________________

KITEX garments Keralam Vidunnu. KITEX will be shifting to SriLanka. This is "Emerging Kerala"?

Kitex Garments abandons its expansion plans in Kerala - Economic Times

Regarding Christians, I think you meant Syrian Christians who are the majority in Travancore. Even Latin Catholics are fine. the "heretics" the Protestent groups operating from Thiruvalla,Shoranur like places are IMO, places conversion as a priority. they gets funds anyway.

The baptist, evangelist type rich in foreign funding is the one that operates in North India/Tribal Belts and their aggressive pro-conversion activities are bringing the whole of Christian community a bad name.

I don't think outside Kerala, especially in North anybody had heard about Roman or Syrian or Latin Catholics . They are only familiar with the evangelist types.

. But on the other hand i think the christian community has more integrated into the society . For eg they use to light traditional kerala lamps inside their churches which was rare in olden times. And now a days its common that most of the christian girls wearing 'bindi' which was not seen before. (may be its just my observation);)

That happened before a long time buddy............
Even Kalam said christian 'thalikettu' as best example of cultural integration.........

The baptist, evangelist type rich in foreign funding is the one that operates in North India/Tribal Belts and their aggressive pro-conversion activities are bringing the whole of Christian community a bad name.

I don't think outside Kerala, especially in North anybody had heard about Roman or Syrian or Latin Catholics . They are only familiar with the evangelist types.

I agree:agree:
they even preach that there is no need to do good deeds and you can commit sins if you beleive in jesus coz jesus will save you...:hitwall:
seriously do tthese guys have any moral sense?

അങ്ങനെ ഇന്ത്യ വീണ്ടും കളി മൂഞ്ചി ...

അയല്*വാസി നായിന്റെ മക്കള്* ജെയിക്കുകെയും ചെയ്തു ...:rolleyes:

Latest Victim of Hate Jihad in Kerala - Jithu ; succumbs to death

Kerala Junior football team Vice Captain Jithu Mohan succumbed to death today.He was doused with Petrol and Set on Fire last week,all because he fell in love with Shabana, a Muslim girl hailing from Chunakkara.He succumbed to death today at Amritha Hospital, Ernakulam

Jithu is the third victim of ****** terrorism in Kerala in short span of time, followed by Vishal at Chengannur and Sachin at Kannur.

Jithu Mohan is a degree student of SD College. On coming to know about the relationship, the girl’s relatives opposed it and smuggled her to another relative’s house. Following this Jithu gave a habeas corpus in the High Court, following which the girl was produced before court. She was, however, allowed to leave the place with her relatives. Meanwhile Jithu’s friends said that the youth was forcibly taken to the house of Shabana’s sister who resides in Kodungallur by Shabana’s brother in law. Also in league with Shabana’s relative is a Police Officer of AR Camp, Wahab. The incident of setting Jithu afire took place in Wahab’s house.

Hindu organisations have called for Hartal tommorrow in Kodungallur and Mavellikara demanding the arrest of Police officer Wahab and his ****** aides.

HaindavaKeralam - Latest Victim of Hate Jihad in Kerala - Jithu ; succumbs to death

The Hindu : NATIONAL / KERALA : Probe into death sought

New heights for secularism ....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom