What's new

Kejriwal's Vision For India-From What he says in his book 'Swaraj'

Puchtoon

Reaction score
I've read the book swaraj(self rule) and i must say it has helped me to shred of many of my doubts .Now i don't believe Mr kejriwal is a communist or anything else.:-)

His intentions and the problems he says india faces are VALID :agree: ,what solution he proposes(w/o judging them myself) can be read out below.

Note 1: i have a downloadable copy of swaraj and it can be uploaded to dropbox if anyone wishes :-)

Note 2:I have used shekhar gupta's word time to time as they fit to describe the scenario

Why is he Writing this book?

BdyuYAdCUAAulZF.jpg

So What is the problem?

Our governance is now rotten. Our rulers are corrupt and arrogant. The entire delivery system of government services, from policing to education to healthcare to anti-poverty schemes, is non-functional and putrefied.

Everything is controlled by few businessmen via people sitting in 'air conditions' .

Do we ever had an answer ? YES

Here is the story he narrates

"Today we elect our king once in five years but the king is not in our control. In ancient time people did
not choose the king but the king was under their control.

There is an anecdote connected with Vaishali. One day a Sabha was organized which was attended by
the citizens and the King presided the meeting. Citizens proposed that a certain woman become the “Nagar vadhu”. That woman accepted but on the condition that she would be given Palace of the king as her living quarters. The proposal was accepted by the majority of the citizens and the Palace of the king
was allotted to the Nagar Vadhu . The king objected as the Palace was his living quarter.

The people argued that the Palace was constructed with the tax paid by the people to the king and therefore, they were the real owners of the Palace. The wishes of the people prevailed. The king vacated the Palace and built a new Palace for himself. It is a different matter that making a woman “Nagar Vadhu” was a wrong practice, even then. But the point that is being driven home by this example is to depict the power of people in the prevalent political system
. "

Note:Here Gupta observers that exactly such a story doesn't exist but different versions of it do .

He says

"There was indeed democracy of the kind Kejriwal mentions. Singh says Vaishali’s “greatest asset — governance through discussion — was also their greatest weakness.

There was also an invasion of Vaishali by Magadha’s Ajatashatru, but not because he was madly in love with the nagarvadhu, as Chandamama and Wiki tell us. He was cross because two cousins, who had stolen a wonderful 18-string pearl necklace, had been given refuge in Vaishali. He invaded Vaishali, laid it to waste and massacred all its people, except Amrapali. And why did Vaishali, the much stronger and richer state, lose? Its “people spent all their time arguing and fighting over how they should carry out their defence”! In fact, according to Buddhist texts quoted by Singh, so notorious was the Vaishali anarchy that even the bodhisattvas advised a contemplative Buddha in heaven not to be born in that kingdom as it followed no system or order, as everybody there went around saying “I am king, I am king.”

"

So What exactly is the answer ?

Gram sabhas will have the power to hire, fire, reward and punish all government employees, from policemen to doctors to teachers. Quick and exemplary punishment is the fundamental philosophy of this new “system”.

Gram sabhas will not have the power to pronounce the death sentence or amputation.

The instruments of governance, law enforcement, judiciary, executive, parliament, as we know them, shall cease to exist, or at least, to matter. The mob will be sovereign. The police will have to take orders from the mob. The mob, or the gram sabha(for villages) or the mohalla sabha(for cities and towns), will be able to levy and collect its own taxes.

No decision will be taken unless the “people” decide(referendum).

What is the Eventual goal ?

Here Swaraj says

"
Why there is need for building character of people? Why there is need for building sound operating
system?

By controlling own desires and attachments, man attains nirvana that is believed to be the goal of life.
To move towards a state of perfection is the aim of life and the universe. Sound systems of governance
help in building a virtuous character but bad systems impede the same process. If there are good models
of governance then it will help speed up the process of building human character. Therefore, building
the system in which we operate is the only way. This is the only ladder on which one can climb up the
path of virtuous character. There are no two views about the fact that as virtue takes root in people’s
character; the operating systems will improve, too. As the improvement in the system takes place, the
character building process will get a boost. To fight for truth and justice by following the path of
righteousness and to restore the Dharma, in other words operating systems, is the greatest action
(Karma Yoga) a man can aspire for. Engaging in actions in consonance with the path of Dharma help
imbibe the virtues of righteousness in mankind.
"

@VeeraBahadur @VeeraBhadra @kaykay @furkansayed @Guynextdoor2
@banvanaxl @Marxist @Rajaraja Chola
@MST
@drunken-monke
@blood
@eowyn
@GURU DUTT
@kurup
@Bhai Zakir
@Puchtoon
@sarjenprabhu
@Parul
@naveen mishra
@DRAY
@kbd-raaf
@desert warrior
@ni8mare
@Chanakya's_Chant
@chak de INDIA
@Manvantaratruti
@Fawkes
@Sunny009
@NKVD
@Chinese-Dragon
@levina
@sandy_3126
@Prometheus
@nair

Last edited:
Why blame politicians and system.. Both are from us... Since we are corrupt, they are corrupt.. Anything wanna change, change ourself or I say Change myself.... Every great thing starts from one person.. From you, from me...

Why blame politicians and system.. Both are from us... Since we are corrupt, they are corrupt.. Anything wanna change, change ourself or I say Change myself.... Every great thing starts from one person.. From you, from me...

True,I'am just reviewing what he says in swaraj and what he proposes as their solutions :)

"

So What exactly is the answer ?

Gram sabhas will have the power to hire, fire, reward and punish all government employees, from policemen to doctors to teachers. Quick and exemplary punishment is the fundamental philosophy of this new “system”.

Gram sabhas will not have the power to pronounce the death sentence or amputation.

The instruments of governance, law enforcement, judiciary, executive, parliament, as we know them, shall cease to exist, or at least, to matter. The mob will be sovereign. The police will have to take orders from the mob. The mob, or the gram sabha or the mohalla sabha, will be able to levy and collect its own taxes.

No decision will be taken unless the “people” decide(referendum).

How come other parties are not countering him over this?

@Puchtoon will you let choose a adult with teen's mind what he want's for himself. ie Sawaraj

Everybody is not competent enough to judge what is really good for him. There have to be coded rules set by few eminent people till 100% Indians have at least graduation level education.

What AAP is proposing is not different from present Khaps.

Anarchy is by product of that immature mind.

@Puchtoon will you let choose a adult with teen's mind what he want's for himself. ie Sawaraj

Everybody is not competent enough to judge what is really good for him. There have to be coded rules set by few eminent people till 100% Indians have at least graduation level education.

What AAP is proposing is not different from present Khaps.

Whatever they are proposing is written in OP,its for people to decide,if they want mob rule ,why not? let them taste it :-)

Whatever they are proposing is written in OP,its for people to decide,if they want mob rule ,why not? let them taste it :-)

Come on don't fool yourself. Do you really believe that those few Ex Congresies you mentioned go by AAP's philosophy ?? Their only philosophy is to stop Modi from becoming PM .

I dont think its his book you are quoting from, the guy comes off as intelligent albeit a demagogue! Kapil sibbal and arun jetleys of the world would rip him apart has he been proposing giving panchayats the power to dole out death sentence and arm amputation. It looks like written by a illiterate retard.

Can you pls post a valid link instead of Dropbox pdf.

Back
Top Bottom