43: Hassan Nasrallah
44: Dr. Margaret Chan
45: Carlos Slim Helú
46: The Dalai Lama
47: Oprah Winfrey
48: Amr Khaled
49: E. A. Adeboye
50: Jim Rogers

"In the following pages, you will find NEWSWEEK's highly subjective list of the most powerful people who will figure in the era over which Obama will preside. It is arbitrary, but the choices are well considered, and each, we believe, represents a thread in the new global tapestry. Some are utterly surprising; others are not. Perhaps most important, each meets the test of power as we have just defined it: they are men and women who are either in the business of bending others to their will or seeking to rearrange reality in ways they find more congenial. They are in command, or they seek control."

I find Gen Kayani the worst Gen in current situation. He is under the thumb of Zardari. Zardari is titled officially as "Friend Of India" after Mr. 10%.

My friend you must be drinking some whack coffee:what::woot:. If you think kiyani is under Zardari's thumb you have another thing coming. Personally I think he is a very low key but very powerful man who can make Zardari and all his cronies, shiver in their pants. AND I AM BEING NICE HERE!!!!!
WaSalam
Araz

democracy has been successful in india??? what bull!!!
in a nation where its own government is after the bloods of minorities and where u hold kashmiris against their will is not a democratic nation!!!
plz dont speak of things u dont know of :tsk:

elections are such a mammoth exercise in India that it has to be seen to be believed. Often representatives from diff countries have come to study the modus operandi of holding elections in India. there are quite a few articles in supprt but I forward this from BBC.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India's model democracy

There's no doubt about the ranks of Mr Kayani in thie list, but absence of Pres. Zaradar from list is really strange that i find. Is that mean the nuclear button and power to order is in hand of General instead of presindent.
Same is the Indian case where Mr. MMS is missing the list and Soniya Gandhi found a 17th spot.

There is nothing to suggest that hes someone who inherently loves to see a coup.

Ofcourse, the last thing he wants is a coup and has said that much! But looks like he doesn't have a completely narrow view about coups either like most of our 'intellectuals'.

elections are such a mammoth exercise in India that it has to be seen to be believed. Often representatives from diff countries have come to study the modus operandi of holding elections in India. there are quite a few articles in supprt but I forward this from BBC.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India's model democracy

a democracy is a government of the people by the people for the people
i simply cannot connect that statement anywhere with the elections in ihk

There's no doubt about the ranks of Mr Kayani in thie list, but absence of Pres. Zaradar from list is really strange that i find. Is that mean the nuclear button and power to order is in hand of General instead of presindent.
Same is the Indian case where Mr. MMS is missing the list and Soniya Gandhi found a 17th spot.

The list is the opinion of Newsweek editors, nothing more. How could one ever decide the true top 50 list of global power people? It will always be slanted by who makes up the list. I posted it only for your interest and comment.

Gen. Kayani is a very competent, intelligent and brave army chief. no doubt

Shahrukh Khan on 41 :cheesy:

Yaar Mere Pakistani bahion Gen Kayani is good but i don't consider him powerful...reason look at past 6 months and tell me on what basis do you rank him in top 20 powerful personalities and persons???Kindly list his great work.

Back
Top Bottom