What's new

Kaveri-Snecma engine to power AMCA ?

Two updates -

1. IAF has changed requirements of AMCA from 20 to 25 tons now. So, expect more delays due to redesign and changed requirements.
2. After successful flights tests and design validation of Kaveri in Russia, IAF has vetoed Snecma eco-core and has asked GTRE to go ahead with home-grown Kabini core for AMCA engine. Snecma's role in the yet-tobe-signed JV is being reduced further now, as we speak.

The recent tests of Kaveri in Russia and flight data has impressed IAF and things have turned from red to blue though there is still a section of MoD who are in disbelief and are trying hard to push for Snecma's core. But recent flight tests has changed whole scenario. IAF have started smelling blue. Delays in signing GTRE-Snecma's JV were due to this reason. IAF is relooking at whole process.

By the way, Idrw is not reliable source. Date of July'2011 which they are quoting for AMCA, came out of their speculating as*. The official sanction for AMCA will be given around end of 2012 after IAF freezes design & requirements. Add delays due to changed requirements. I don't see IAF approving funds for AMCA prototype before 2014. So, we should expect first AMCA prototype to be around end of 2018 or 2019 beginning. But again, this is highly speculative because design is still not frozen.

I think it is GTRE which has pushed for JV with SNECMA and not the MoD or IAF..

@Omega007

Secondly Kaveri hasnt generated 84Kn it has done only 70-75KN otherwise as Sancho points it would have been in 40 MK1... GTRE hasnt developed Single crystal blades and but DRML.. and we are not sure it is the right component GTRE are looking for... if it had been GTRE would have made a buzzz in media ..
definitely GTRE is looking something from JV.. one thing is for sure procuring of technology of SCB and a critical core component that will be part of Kabini core... because the current K9 itself has SNECMA blades

this two as per there analysis they believe would push Kaveri to 90KN... but K10 will be a redesign to accomodate 95KN - 100 KN

I think it is GTRE which has pushed for JV with SNECMA and not the MoD or IAF..

@Omega007

Secondly Kaveri hasnt generated 84Kn it has done only 70-75KN otherwise as Sancho points it would have been in 40 MK1... GTRE hasnt developed Single crystal blades and but DRML.. and we are not sure it is the right component GTRE are looking for... if it had been GTRE would have made a buzzz in media ..
definitely GTRE is looking something from JV.. one thing is for sure procuring of technology of SCB and a critical core component that will be part of Kabini core... because the current K9 itself has SNECMA blades

this two as per there analysis they believe would push Kaveri to 90KN... but K10 will be a redesign to accomodate 95KN - 100 KN

DMRL or GTRE does it realy matter?And please make me know,will any country
share the scb tech with us?
THANX in advance....

DMRL or GTRE does it realy matter?And please make me know,will any country
share the scb tech with us?
THANX in advance....

EuroJet was trying to provide but more of production technology... but we sticking with SNECMA... not sure what Input SNEMCA is trying to provide.... definitely they wont share the lab technology but something else which GTRE needs for its Know- how

Yes you may be right sir.But sometime ago Shiv Aroor had reported GTRE had made achivement in the scb.And other than the component tech what else can snecma provide?
THANX in advance........

Hey KingDurgaKing,
It was actually 81kn full reheat thrust.Search the kaveri engine project update thrade,page10,post143 by rpraveenkum.
ENJOY........

There was a report that 95 percent of recuired thrust had been achived.I can not find the link right now.I shall post it immedietly i find.
REGARDS........

There was a report that 95 percent of recuired thrust had been achived.I can not find the link right now.I shall post it immedietly i find.
REGARDS........

That was a 2007 interview .... it was a very old news... and we havent achieved the target..

seriously you have no clue on what you are talking... Parts may be from Foreign but design is part of Indian.... and slowly they will be changed by indian manufactured part...

Except radar, engine and weapon ... which will be slowly indian.. i dont think your claim will withstand in UN :laugh: .... seriously you cant digest to see such small plane which will match your Lavi J-10 in future right??

we are discussing the 'current' fact here``not will this and will that` at the moment LCA MK1 is hardly indigenous which is proven fact``unless MK2 come out to say otherwise, but taking the indian's industrial and technological capacity into account we still finger crossed for the indigenous part``

Parts may be from Foreign but design is part of Indian
this is hilarious :)

we are discussing the 'current' fact here``not will this and will that` at the moment LCA MK1 is hardly indigenous which is proven fact``unless MK2 come out to say otherwise, but taking the indian's industrial and technological capacity into account we still finger crossed for the indigenous part``

this is hilarious :)

In current economic scenario it make sense to go for foreign parts if you dont have time or money to build the infra structure or technology know-how... So the best and optimal way if you can do is use foreign parts and learn from it and develop.. provided some one is ready to share the same.... in this case you dont loose money and you will be competitive...

"this hilarious" --> Yes that is hilarious because you dont understand what it means... you cant design fighter according to the parts available it is the other way round .. you can design the parts and you can take help of international industry to develop them in case if you dont have the infrastructure..

This discussion is going round and round...

Realy? You are blabbering a lot nowadays. :lol:

- SC blades project was assigned to DMRL by GTRE itself. GTRE is nodal agency for aero-engine R&D.
- Kaveri K-9 is using home-made blades.
- There was a proposal to introduce Snecma's ec-Core into newer K-10 version, but that has been dropped now, after Kaveri's flight tests. IAF has accepted to stick with flight-proven Kabini core. Good leadership example.

It seems saint Antony has put a stick up IAF's corrupt as$. ;)

- SC blades project was assigned to DMRL by GTRE itself. GTRE is nodal agency for aero-engine R&D.
- There was a proposal to introduce Snecma's ec-Core into newer K-10 version, but that has been dropped now, after Kaveri's flight tests. IAF has accepted to stick with flight-proven Kabini core. Good leadership example.

It seems saint Antony has put a stick up IAF's as$. ;)

Thanx man.I thought he was right and searched google whole night but I could not find a single source regarding the use of snecma m88's core and single crystal blades in K9.
THANX....

It seems saint Antony has put a stick up IAF's as$. ;)

Thanx man.I thought he was right and searched google whole night but I could not find a single source regarding the use of snecma m88's core and single crystal blades in K9.
THANX........

It seems saint Antony has put a stick up IAF's corrupt as$. ;)

Get your facts corrected....
I read an article which said so.. and this article was in Wiki working 2 years back i guess...

http://webmag.safran-group.com/article.php3?id_article=100&lang=en

It said we procured blade from SNECMA and those blades are not SCB... it is directionally solidified turbine blades from Snecma... Currently kaveri employs this... and all the SCB is new and it is not pushed into Kaveri yet... DMRL launched it.. but did it satisfied the GTRE is the equation...it might be enough for 84KN thrust... but not certainly a 100KN one... if it had been it would have been in news big time...

see what the person says....

he still says only design not what it is giving

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom