What's new

Kaveri ready for limited envelope flight testing

murda phir se zinda ho gya ?

Bhai Jaan... If you try then there is a chance of failure or success and if you don't try then there is no chance for failure..

Pakistan chosen second option and India chosen 1st option....

I never understand when people criticize or make fund and himself don't want to try and happy with OEM products..

Bhai Jaan... If you try then there is a chance of failure or success and if you don't try then there is no chance for failure..

Pakistan chosen second option and India chosen 1st option....

I never understand when people criticize or make fund and himself don't want to try and happy with OEM products..
i look it other way . every country have priorities pakistan these days need more water dams and plantation not jet engines . our need of jet engines and choppers is very slim so paying billions on R&D and working on something which nation dosn't need much will be same like nazi style of gov .

news main aya the ke guzer gya . good news that he is alive . well i think some friendly nation can help india to make it done ?

Yes, Our major problem with the Kaveri engine was that it was 3 Kilo Newtons short of its designed capabilities. The maximum thrust ever achieved has been around 78 kN against the targeted 81 kN. Then there were the folowing issues

Unacceptable levels of fan-blade flutter risk
Reheat oscillations
First stage low-pressure compressor blade vibration

We took support from Safran as part of the 1 billion offset that came along with Rafale deal. I am sure the aboove issues have all been addressed.

Yes, Our major problem with the Kaveri engine was that it was 3 Kilo Newtons short of its designed capabilities. The maximum thrust ever achieved has been around 78 kN against the targeted 81 kN. Then there were the folowing issues

Unacceptable levels of fan-blade flutter risk
Reheat oscillations
First stage low-pressure compressor blade vibration

We took support from Safran as part of the 1 billion offset that came along with Rafale deal. I am sure the aboove issues have all been addressed.
amaa bhai re jab 78 ho gya to baki 3 bhi ho jata . 3 ke liye itna jokham kiyoon hai ?

amaa bhai re jab 78 ho gya to baki 3 bhi ho jata . 3 ke liye itna jokham kiyoon hai ?
Just curious, was this Kaveri a train engine, a ship engine or is it back to be a plane/drone engine?
If India believe that an engine can be use for all 3, India has no idea what it is doing.

Kaveri is a jet engine. There exits another kaveri that is a train engine but a completely separate project. Just the name happen to be same.

A 125 kN and a 95 kN variant of the jet engine are in dev right now. A 45-50kN variant is planned for drones but no work has started as of now.

A gas turbine spin off of the jet engine has been used to power our rajput class of warships.

Actually we are now targeting a 95kN thrust for Tejas1A, a 125kN variant for AMCA and a 51kN variant for our UCAV program. So might well get some help because a lot of new issues will prop up.

IMG_20180620_212539.png

why the hell cant we invest & create facility in India itself when we are talking of developing the entire development ecosystem here itself.

The official R&D budget for most defence labs are a pittance.

I don't know how much they get unaccounted money but definitely with the shoestring budget GOI gives defence agencies, it is a miracle that we have reached this far.

End of the day the product should deliver what its capable of, there is no point in being conent with underperformance when its designed to give a better output. Duhh !!

There is a spin off version of this for Marine applications. Installed in Rajput Class Distroyers.

The flying test bed is chock full of instruments and has the safety of other engines. And to build a flying test bed for one engine is not a business case. Kaveri was (is?) a lab exercise and not an industrial project. Having an FTB would only make sense if we have a proper engine industry.

Guys : There is this news about Kaveri core thats floating around the internet, can somebody verify?

"The Kaveri Safran has audited did not have an M88 core. It is still the original Kabini core with some modifications"
Arent we trying to build the complete ecosystem for developing & manufacturing aircrafts of all hues in the country itself? When thats the case they should go ahead and start investing in it. In future it can be used by private companies as well.

Back
Top Bottom