What's new

Katy Perry to perform at IPL 5 opening ceremony

hawx

Reaction score

American pop sensation Katy Perry will perform during the opening ceremony of the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League on April 3, a media release from the organisers stated.

The IPL Opening Nite will be held at the YMCA Grounds in Chennai a day before the start of the cash-rich Twenty20 league.

"We look forward to Ms. Perry's participation at the DLF IPL 2012 Opening Nite. A performer of her calibre makes the occasion even more special for the IPL family - players, organisers and fans. The verve and originality of her music matches that of the competition and we look forward to an inspired performance from her," IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla, said in the media statement.

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachhan, Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan will also be part of the opening ceremony, which is expected to begin at 7:30 pm.

Tickets for the ceremony will be available from March 16 and the starting price is Rs.1,500.

Read more at: Katy Perry to perform at IPL opening ceremony : Cricket News - India Today

I'm waiting for IPL to start. two months of non stop action with all the big players dishing it out. Will miss shane this time though.

UIPL will be flop this year

a) The TRP of last year was 3.2 compare to 5.X of previous years.
b) Dismal performance of Indian team has cornered the viewers.

what a big deal in it this is first time happening they care about money not india and when india offering them money which is alot so even obama can also come and sing for few tooooo if money is bit too bigger than what perry is getting

what a big deal in it this is first time happening they care about money not india and when india offering them money which is alot so even obama can also come and sing for few tooooo if money is bit too bigger than what perry is getting

So when was the last time a celebrity cared for anything but money. Even when they go to your darling China, they do it for money not for the love of the country. Anyways, Katy got married in India. So I would guess there is some love involved.

So when was the last time a celebrity cared for anything but money. Even when they go to your darling China, they do it for money not for the love of the country. Anyways, Katy got married in India. So I would guess there is some love involved.

Got Divorced now....:rofl::rofl:

If I ever meet her I will ask her to marry me. If she says no then I ask afraid this will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom