Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6386141.stm

Kashmiri was civilian - DNA tests

Mr Paddar's body was exhumed at the start of February
DNA tests have confirmed that a man killed by security forces in a staged gun battle in Indian-administered Kashmir was a civilian, police say.
The body of Abdul Rehman Paddar, a carpenter, was exhumed three weeks ago from a grave in Sumbal near Srinagar.

He had been buried as a Pakistani militant, but protesters said that he was killed in a "fake encounter".

Deputy Inspector General of Police Farooq Ahmed told the BBC that charges against his killers will be filed soon.

'Harsh punishments'

"The DNA samples taken from a body have matched with those of the carpenter's relatives, proving beyond doubt that he was killed in custody and later declared a militant," a police spokesman told the AFP news agency.
The killing provoked widespread protests

Mr Paddar was reportedly detained in the summer capital, Srinagar, in December 2006. He was killed and later described by police as a Pakistani militant.

"Equipped with scientific evidence we will now press for harsh punishments for the policemen involved in Padder's killing," the spokesman said, adding other DNA reports were expected to arrive soon.

The BBC's Altaf Hussain in Srinagar says that police are investigating four cases of staged killings, involving police, paramilitary personnel and the army.

The senior superintendent of police of Ganderbal district and a deputy superintendent are among seven police officials arrested so far on charges of murder.

Disappeared

The army has ordered a separate inquiry into the involvement of soldiers in the killings.

Mr Paddar, a carpenter from the Kukernag area in southern Kashmir, was allegedly killed by the anti-militancy task force.

His family say he had paid 80,000 rupees (more than $2,000) to a police official - who is now in custody - to get himself a government job.

Instead, it is alleged the police official killed him and claimed a reward for killing a militant.

Our correspondent says that thousands of people have disappeared in Indian-administered Kashmir, many of them after being arrested by the security forces, in the past 18 years.

according to reports about 90,000 Kashmiris have been killed by indian forces in these 18 years.

Their families have been demanding the cases be investigated so that the missing people could at least be declared dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6386141.stm
Our correspondent says that thousands of people have disappeared in Indian-administered Kashmir, many of them after being arrested by the security forces, in the past 18 years.

according to reports about 90,000 Kashmiris have been killed by indian forces in these 18 years.

Their families have been demanding the cases be investigated so that the missing people could at least be declared dead.

Jana whom are trying to cheat here and what a vulgar attempt by you to manipulate links.

Board members and senors pls see if you can find the line in red on the article/link she has quoted.

Cheap cheap....

That was very cheap Jana, Ladies and Gentlemen This is how propaganda works. Twist a little words, Twist a little there, make sure the other party is always guilty, always hide your side of the wrong doings.

The most important part as far as I see, The GOI has found the rogue elements and brought to book, The exumed body was tested at an Indian Lab by Indian Police officers and they found the guilty officers in thier midst.

The red line was my comment not by the news that is why i had made it red .

rest the findings did show that Kashmiris are killed by Indian forces in fake enounters. there is no doubt about it.

Jana,
Please you dont put your comments in between the article, I am sure after nearly 1700 posts in this forum,itself you know it better, So dont lie,You have been caught, I hope you are big enough to accept your mistake and move on in life.

The world doesnt know about this because the media is controlled by jews, Hindus christians and other evil atheists.
90,000 people killed by Indian Army, Indian Army are the ones who are crying for whatever and blasting IED's in Market places. Jinnah got independence for Pakistan by sendign fidyaeen's. Please for god sake's

Adu

Jana,
Please you dont put your comments in between the article, I am sure after nearly 1700 posts in this forum,itself you know it better, So dont lie,You have been caught, I hope you are big enough to accept your mistake and move on in life.

Oh come on adu if i dint do that befor i dont need to do it now.

i told u it was my comment not the news as far putting it right after that commnet of the news i made it cuz it was relevent to that and nothing more than that. anyway not mentioning was my mistake but there wasnt anything delebrate and also if u notices the line starts with a lower case.

Jinnah got independence for Pakistan by sendign fidyaeen's. Please for god sake's
Adu

:what1: i never knew he discussed that with u .

jana,

i have nothing more to say to you, i hope you have consicous, you should be happy that kashmiri's got justice, but you spun the article ust to make it a flame bait material,Article says in itself that the guilty party has been caught, 90,000 killed by IA show me a unbaised neutral report. you dont have one, cuz it didnt happen. You added iyour line in inbetween the article, that says a lot. Cheapshot. I have lot of respect for some of the members over therefore i am not going to bring in HRW report on Azad Kashmir here.

His family say he had paid 80,000 rupees (more than $2,000) to a police official - who is now in custody - to get himself a government job.

Instead, it is alleged the police official killed him and claimed a reward for killing a militant.

Holy.......Lol.

There she goes again:lol: . No offence but Today I was seeing your replies in this forum and Other forums from a long time and guess what. It really makes laugh to death whenever i read your replies.

Damn you really need to have a life and see the true world. First i thought just to ignore Internet Kids like you but really it makes really Sick.
You replies about Muslims and Dalits in India was so funny and irritative. Before you give your Immature comments why dont go and read something. In India very relegion has its rights and freedom and our Country is not like Others neighboring Nations.
Anyway, What do you expect from Brainwashed kiddos. I Think there is no need waste my time Excplaning you.

By they way, I read one your articles called. Pak-Israel Rapprochement and guess what that was Stupid.

Friendly Advice, That so called article really Sucks. You wrote that article with your own Ideas. Their are whole lot of mistakes which anyone can idenity.Example like Israel giving Military Hardware to Pakistan,Israel swicthing sides form India to Pakistan:lol:

Try to use your patriotism in a proper manner but dont blindfold yourself.

And you better watch your it what you saying on India and Kashmir or i will raise my voice about Azad Kashmir,Baloch,Wairz. I didn't joined this Community to fight with kids like you and makes myself looks like a Troll

And the Last. I Apologise if i hurt you but just cant stop myself.

The red line was my comment not by the news that is why i had made it red ..

Oh pls spare me. How many times have we seen you trying to twist facts?

rest the findings did show that Kashmiris are killed by Indian forces in fake enounters. there is no doubt about it.

Who is saying no, we have umpteen number of times admitted that there are sadly such cases that has happened. So quit crying and post something new if you have.

The accused policemen were formally charged in a Srinagar court
Seven policeman in Indian-administered Kashmir have been charged with murdering a man and trying to cover it up by saying he was a militant.
They are charged with murdering a civilian and criminal conspiracy.

Correspondents say the charges in Srinagar are highly unusual, and are the first to be brought in a series of alleged killings in faked gun battles.

Human rights groups say thousands of people have disappeared during 18 years of insurgency against Indian rule.

"The accused have been charged with criminal conspiracy, abduction, murder and destruction of evidence," said Farooq Ahmed, the senior police officer heading the investigation into the killings.

The victim was Abdul Rehman Paddar, a 35-year-old carpenter, who was shot dead in cold blood in December.

It is alleged the officers - including a senior superintendent of police and a deputy superintendent of police - picked up Mr Paddar in Srinagar then staged a gun battle, or so-called "fake encounter".

The officers are suspected of falsely claiming that the man they had killed was a Pakistani militant, which made them eligible to receive handsome cash rewards from the government.

It is the first time since the Kashmir insurgency began 18 years ago that such senior officials have faced such serious charges.

The crime was only uncovered after the body was exhumed four weeks ago and DNA tests identified it to be that of Mr Paddar.

"The killers of my husband should be hanged," Mr Paddar's wife, Muneera, said after hearing the seven accused would be charged with a capital offence.

She was speaking from the Srinagar court where the charges were announced.

Investigators are looking into four other similar cases of civilian disappearances, and the Indian army is conducting its own inquiries because of allegations soldiers were also involved in the killings.

The BBC's Damian Grammaticus in Delhi says that in almost two decades of conflict in Kashmir several thousand civilians have vanished.

Our correspondent says that many disappeared after being arrested by security forces, but prosecutions are extremely rare.

Families of thousands of people who have disappeared in Kashmir during the insurgency have long demanded that their cases be investigated so that missing people can formally be declared dead.

Last month, five bodies, including that of Mr Paddar, were exhumed in connection with investigations into charges of staged gun battles.

The killings triggered violent protests across Kashmir.

from BBC

These criminals have to be hanged!!!

These are the kind of people who are really giving us the bad name when it comes to fighting the insurgency. They need to be punished as to bring back the confidence of the people which has suffered after this fake encounter scandals.

Back
Top Bottom