What's new

Kashmir Pics!

MIG_ACE

Reaction score
Ok guys for a while lets stop arguing about who Kashmir belongs to and just admire the beauty of the Land!

9c886df3424c00492505f4cd94a40d18.jpg

Gulmarg

2851cbec8c90b5c1343ba0a8a3f4a820.jpg

Gulmarg in winter

19c9a045cd2c3eebaf4000d9a73644b6.jpg

Thajwas Glacier from a distance

b013f39778ab85403869740260f44ff7.jpg

Nun-Kun

c4dff784cd437b03a770482dc7de3813.jpg

The gulmarg gondola lift

ba21dc43309704fc50c407b80b87db11.jpg

Close up view

IMO Kashmir is the Switzerland of Asia.

All the above pics are from Indian side.I have liitle knowledge abt the tourist destinations and Beautiful spots on the pakistani side. So someone please post them.
Thanx.

Wow! It's just like I remembered it back in '62!! I was only 6 yrs old then. Except for the gondola. We used to go on horseback then.

Yeah the gondola is new. Its supposed to be the world's highest and Asia's longest one.But i read it in wikipedia and kashmir tourism websites.So will need to confirm that.

I rode on the Gondola 15 years back. Scary stuff! Anyway, scarier was the chair lift. We'd go over valleys in a 2 seater chair, all open, except for a stick you can hold onto.

Nice stuff, just can't find the time to do all that again. Trekked over glaciers for thousands of feet!

Ah Nice pics.

I rode on the Gondola 15 years back. Scary stuff! Anyway, scarier was the chair lift. We'd go over valleys in a 2 seater chair, all open, except for a stick you can hold onto.

Nice stuff, just can't find the time to do all that again. Trekked over glaciers for thousands of feet!

Ah Nice pics.

wait...so how old were u 15 years ago? ;)

Actually Gondolas are the boats you see in the canals of Venice. The Gulmarg ski-lift was named Gondola. The Swiss built it I believe. I've ridden on it at Gulmarg.

Ah Nice pics.

Wait a min.Which gondola are u talking abt?? The gulmarg ropeway was named the "gondola" and its pretty new.It didnt exist 15 years ago!!

Wait a min.Which gondola are u talking abt?? The gulmarg ropeway was named the "gondola" and its pretty new.It didnt exist 15 years ago!!
On the Pakistani side... Well I went up till the Northern Areas.

They generally call these big box lifts, as Gondolas even there. It's quite an old thing. It goes further back in Murree. There's a place near Murree called Pathriata, its got a huge Gondola service there.

adec44f06e96fd5a931c8ed3df4c1316.jpg

This is the place, as far as my memory goes. Will have to dig through some family album to find it. Mostly large families preferred the Gondola and couples/singles went through the chair lift.

Most honeymooner spots have Gondola/Chair Lift services to get their pictures taken in romantic settings.

Only pics and some nice comments please. Have never been to Kashmir but will go soon.

No Trolls here !! :nono:

Back
Top Bottom