What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The difference is security forces aim and shoot at civilians. The Freedom fighters may accidentally kill civilians as collateral damage while trying to blow up security forces.

The security forces see the civilians as future Freedom fighters and are inherently inclined to shoot first and ask questions later when it comes to the Kashmiris.

"freedom fighters" should stop disguising themselves as innocent civilians in that case......

Actually UN,UK and others are helping with FOOD and AID programes..

......Hmmm....Yeh dear....i know how much US/UK/UN are so desparate to help you....nothing to argue...

And relating to banning me...never mind...i pretty much okay with it...BTW...why r u so agitated and using foul languages....i know that sometimes bitter truth always hurts....and that makes every one angry....:smitten:
Leave us dude feed half of ur population dubbed SLUM DOGS!

I used the word ba..rds for terrorist,does tht make u uncomfortable? did u develop any emotional attachment with these UN black listed scum bags through there indian passports?:sniper:

@indianrabbite
Just a few thoughts

But onething that is different from Pakistani Kashmir is that on the Indian side, there is freedom for sepratist political activities as well while Pakistan does not allow that. Any politcal party or entity that is adverse to the joining Pakistan is basically banned and only anti-India or pro-Pakistan parties are allowed politcal activities.

Keeping this in mind. Yes there should be draw down of security forces in civilian areas but at the same time there should be some ground rules for politcal activities. Forexample mosques are places of worship and should not be used for politics. For political activities, they can arrange a seprate ground and rent out the space but not hijack a religious gathering for their politcal agenda. Similaly using msoque loudpeakers for propaganda should be stopped.

At the same time a high geared resolution attempt must be made which willnot be stopped even ifmilitants try to attack or kill sepratist leadership that is trying to talk to GoI or GoJ&K. We have examples ofMirwaiz Umar Farooq's Father, Sajja Lone's father and many others who were killed for just talking to GoI by PAkistani backed militants. They should be told that talks should not stop because of this no matter how much Pakistan might be adverse to it. The recent protests have shown that Pakistan at least for now is irrelevant to the solution and an understanding should be reached to the solution that can then be presented to Pakistan for the final approval. The sepratists want independance, India considers Kashmir its integral part just like any other state. The solution will have to be somewhere in the middle.

Ladakh and its Buddhist majority Leh and muslim majority Kargil already do not have AFSPA, still there has be no problem with militancy. Other districts should be added and Srinagar is a good choice. CRPF can be kept away and brought by choppers only if necessary. And locals should be recruited for riot control.

Truth and Reconciliation comission and NHRC should have full jurisdiction overJ&K which it does not have right now. All cases of HR violations should be investigated and compensated.

Last time i checked talibins targeted a shia procession and a sunni shrine each after an other... and all clerics shia and sunni condemned it mutually!

Also i have many shia blood relatives!

Taliban are Muslims, then why are they attacking shia and sunnis?

According to Jinnah's assertion, two diff religions can not coexist together, so if there is only religion there shouldn't be any bickering in the first place.

Glad to hear you have Shia relatives.....

I know this thread has digressed....... but I was only responding to the Jinnah's take on religion and nation building.

Then how do you explain the sectarian violence in Pakistan? According to your logic (or Jinnah's logic, which you ascribe to)..... there should be peace and harmony in Pakistan since an overwhelming majority is "Muslim" so there should be no discontent and destruction of fabric.

There is no sectarian violence in Pakistan; at least not to a significant level. It is going towards it but we will come up with an effective solution. Moreover, the violence you are referring to is a struggle between two illiterate mullahs and their followers. The consciousness of our people and the ability to logic cannot be seen anywhere thus brings social problems with it. In conclusion, the parameters of violence are not present which can be regarded as a threat to our stability right now. As I said earlier, we will come up with an effective solution before it gets too late.

Now, do not post your rants here.
On-topic!

Do not hesitate in writing Mister before Jinnah's name.

There is no sectarian violence in Pakistan; at least not to a significant level. It is going towards it but we will come up with an effective solution. Moreover, the violence you are referring to is a struggle between two illiterate mullahs and their followers. The consciousness of our people and the ability to logic cannot be seen anywhere thus brings social problems with it. In conclusion, the parameters of violence are not present which can be regarded as a threat to our stability right now. As I said earlier, we will come up with an effective solution before it gets too late.

Now, do not post your rants here.
On-topic!

Do not hesitate in writing Mister before Jinnah's name.

You are the one who brought in Mr. Jinnah's take on partition into the discussion, why are you blaming me for going off topic?

Omitting Mr. before Mr. Jinnah's name was inadvertent, my apologies if your feelings were hurt.

You are the one who brought in Mr. Jinnah's take on partition into the discussion, why are you blaming me for going off topic?

Omitting Mr. before Mr. Jinnah's name was inadvertent, my apologies if your feelings were hurt.

Someone mentioned 1947 earlier so I thought to 'educate' the viewers. My post was an off topic one and I did not expect any replies. The sole purpose of that post was to educate viewers and thats it.

Kashmiris want to preserve their identity. They dont want to be called Indians or be forced to put their indentity as secondary. This clause has every support because Kashmir was neither part of British India nor Imperial India. ANd this is their intention they mean cleary "india get out and leave us alone".
What India can do is withdraw its forces, hand over Kashmir to UN for future referendum and independence. Same case like south sudan.

UN is quick to react when it comes to dividing Indonesia, Morocco or Sudan and absolutely incompetent to deal with France and India?? WHY??

Nonsense, nothing can be farther from truth. The truth is there is no such thing as ‘Indian identity’ as you define. A Malayalee is as different from an Assamese as a Kashmiri is from a Bihari. A country as diverse as India cannot be defined based on religion, ethnicity or language.

You don’t understand an iota of what Indianness is neither we expect that from you.

Nice initiative..choose the best ones from the valley...:smokin:

Normal sane people want to feed their families.

That would still leave 57,000 Kashmiri youths to be recruited as "freedom fighters"

It was a mistake to leave kashmir just as a tourist destination and make no serious efforts to provide long term industrial employment opportunities to people over there.

Really a good news

A tight slap on the faces of terrorist and those few paid protesters

10-REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

:agree:

Kashmir tense again, curfew reimposed
TNN, Sep 7, 2010, 12.04pm IST

SRINAGAR: Curfew was reimposed in the entire Kashmir valley on Tuesday morning to prevent violent protests in the wake of killing of four persons at Palahallan in Baramulla district on Monday when protesters attacked IGP Kashmir on the national highway.

The protesters held violent protests across Srinagar on Monday night even though Sabha-e-Qadeer was observed in various mosques and at Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta. The protesters attacked police station at Nowhatta late Monday night. However, nobody was hurt in the police action. The motorcycle-borne youth were making rounds of the localities through out the night triggering violence, the police said.

Read more: Kashmir tense again, curfew reimposed - India - The Times of India Kashmir tense again, curfew reimposed - India - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom