What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Now these bigots will not protest because unlike police these militants will not spare them hypocrisy.

Yes, even I do have the same doubt...why do certain section of the Valley want "Azaadi".

Harsimrat Kaur Badal was at her eloquent best. She narrated emotionally the trauma Punjab had gone through during the Khalistan movement. How every Sikh was a suspect, how young Sikhs were killed as suspects by the security forces and the massacre of 1984. "But gradually we all felt separatism was not an answer, it gave nothing but blankness, a black hole. Today Punjab youths are in the grip of drugs and all sorts of negative traits, a direct fallout of the insurgency. Punjab lost its vibrant, dynamic youth in a movement that was self-defeating." "And listen," she turned a tigress, "I am not from the Congress or the BJP, but I am an Indian and as an Indian I must clearly tell you that till the last Indian is alive, no one will ever allow Kashmir to secede from us. It's an integral part of us, of India." The conference room rose to hail her with roaring claps. The voices of "azadi'' had no answer.

The best 'azadi' that all of you enjoy is with the tricolour. The Indian Constitution provides everything that a citizen can aspire for. It has space for all the shades and opinions within its framework. Look at the educational and technological advances other Indian states are making and see the number of Kashmiri youths coming out of the valley to take advantage of it — in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. That's the freedom of development and reaching the sky for lifetime achivements."

The two best parts of the program :tup:

Also I would like to salute this brave Kashmiri Manjoor Yousuf for this,

Manjoor Yusuf, a braveheart student from Srinagar, to come to the dais and declare: "It's wrong to say that all Kashmiri Muslims want 'azadi'. We want our future with India. It's a great country and in the last election 61% of the citizens of Kashmir cast their votes. India, not Pakistan, is our destiny."

Just wait for the encounter theorists to flock to this thread to claim how these civilians were actually killed by sec forces and now their FREEDOM FIGHTERS are being blamed. :disagree:

The best part I liked was everyone had different definition of Azadi. So if we give each definition different lable say A,B,C then how can we say all them want Azadi when some want A, some B and some C.

Nothing will match this Chilli grenade made of hot bhut jolokia powder :lol:

CEN_ChilliGrenades_1008453a.jpg

Your Long list of reasons is nothing more than the changed political realities on ground and hence corroborates the point that subsequent UN resolutions were confronted with practical aspects of holding the plebiscite and hence needed to be rooted in political realities on ground. The subsequent UN resolutions have altered and modified RES 47 only in aspects related to practical implementation of plebiscite and not in its basic and substantive aspect i.e. RSD of people in J&K. Your inability to distinguish between two different aspects UN resolutions viz moral, which grants RSD to people of J&K, and practical which was needed to devise a mechanism to implement that right , renders your analysis as logically flawed and no amount of fake indignation and contempt can hide that.
After effective withdrawal of Part A and B, exactly which part of that resolution still remains in moral support of your right to self-determination. To forward your point you had quoted B7, remember. If you don't here is the post.

If you read the document carefully, under the heading of plebiscite the following is written (B7)

The Govt of India Should undertake that there will be established a plebiscite administration to hold a plebiscite as soon as possible on the question of accession of the state to India or Pakistan

It is clear from above that according to UN resolutions it is binding upon India to hold plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir. The part III of resolution is just reaffirmation by India and Pakistan that they agree with international community in this matter. Hence UN resolutions are not only implicit recognition of Kashmiri nationalism by larger international community but also by India and Pakistan .

What you can't get your head around is the fact that changed political circumstances also changed the perception on plebiscite. Try as you may, you will not find any support for your right to self-determination in any of the UN resolutions.

hey man m waiting for Gillanis statement

where he is ????
:coffee:

hey man m waiting for Gillanis statement

where he is ????
:coffee:

How can he give a statement..?

If he says anything against them..then they ll pump two bullets into his head also.

After all the freedom fighters are not the evil Indian army to sit by and watch stones falling on them.

How can he give a statement..?

If he says anything against them..then they ll pump two bullets into his head also.

After all the freedom fighters are not the evil Indian army to sit by and watch stones falling on them.

why not ... i think as far as i know he crying for every civilians dead that was killed by J&K police so why he cant say any thing about this????

The people are scared of the militants ... why will they protest ... Where's Gilani??? Bloody militants ... they are just losers who can't have a normal life... so they come to destroy innocent people's lifes ...

Gilani should preach for non-violence movement to achieve their demands .. use of force is destroying civilians lives ...

When Sir William Wallace undertook the long and arduous campaign against the British crown, to free his country Scotland, never were innocent Scots targeted, not even those civilians who were making a living working with the British crown. Only his soldiers who were spying for the English were ever executed. In fact and little known : one of Sir William Wallace's relatives was a tax official for the British. Never was his home invaded and he murdered.

What am I trying to get at? Successful Independence movements were focused, mindful of collateral damage and public sentiment, and extremely reserved and calculated in their use of force, always reserving and stockpiling in between fighting skirmishes in a professional manner...never did their campaign strike at the heart of England and target civilians or the crown...even though Wallace could have easily done so. His campaign took place almost 750 years ago. A country was born and respected as well as recognized by his worst enemies. Here we are in the 21st century and Kashmiris have not gained a dime. In Kashmir I see everything opposite happening to a successful freedom movement. This is because, in essence, terror organizations have taken the banner of something they do not deserve to represent. Innocents are suffering instead of profiting. When you see innocent people suffering for more than half a century around you...well it is time to revise the game plan. I do know for a fact that at least since the early 80s, militant groups in Kashmir have routinely executed "collaborating" Kashmiri civilians. Not fighters mind you, but honest labourers and day to day bread earners, mothers, wives, daughters, fathers. Militancy is the only party that ever gains anything...the freedom movement always suffers. This is in essence, a terribly managed and executed freedom struggle that is boiling down to outright terrorism at the expense of innocent Kashmiris. I don't side with the Indian viewpoint, but more often than not they have a legal and moral upperhand when terrorism is involved in Kashmir struggle. You don't have to be an agent of the "orange media" to realize basic concepts and draw parallels with the aid of history. Had William Wallace's campaign resembled the Kashmiri movement...Scotland would have never been born...quote me on it.

Last edited:
That too the boy got killed in an accident. He was accidentally killed by a shell of tear gas and only dumb a$$ thinks that was deliberate.

I don't know whether it was an accident or not.But what the people are doing is really stupid.

Back
Top Bottom