What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Azad Kashmir is part of Pakistan.
I thought it's a disputed area :undecided:

and their residents are accepted as Pakistanis by every country, including China and India.

India or China do not issue separate visas to Pakistanis of Kashmiri origin.
Residents of Indian Kashmir are also accepted as Indians by every country, except China. (Does Pakistan issue stapled visa to people of Indian Kashmir?)

NEW DELHI: Kashmiri traders have condemned a report published by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) that proposed that India should inflict “economic pain” on Pakistan. The 118-page (FICCI) report also called for choking water resources, covert retaliation and surgical strikes against Islamabad in order to address terrorism in India. The Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) and other trade bodies in Srinagar met in an emergency meeting on Thursday and called the report “irresponsible and immature”. The KCCI said the development was “serious”. “The apex business chamber should have devoted time to formulating policies for the economic prosperity of the country. It has unfortunately indulged in political gimmicks, and that too with gruesome mindset against a neighbouring country,” the KCCI members said in a statement. Federation of Chambers of Industry in Kashmir (FCIK) President Shakil Qalander said at a time when the world needed peace, the FICCI was advocating strategies that could clearly lead to war. The KCCI asked world economic bodies to take note of the FICCI’s “war rhetoric” and support the quest for peace and stability in the region by helping settle the Kashmir dispute. “The suggestion of launching a military offensive is not new and has been tried on four occasions previously. It has only ended in a typical cycle of war breeding war,” the statement added. iftikhar gilani

Who cares what these Kashmiri thinks.

There's no need to launch surgical strikes or anything of that sort. India should wreak havoc on Pakistan's agrarian economy and engage in targeted assassinations if the terrorist attacks continue. Reduce water supply during times of harvest, and out bid them economically on all fronts. India should give Pakistan a good reason to keep a tight lid on the ISI and their pets.

Who cares what these Kashmiri thinks

Thats why we call indian activities in kashmir as acts of terrorism.

@ spitfighter
i think u should keep a tight lid on ur media and ur Raw, which was involved in bangladesh matter, and later u stole industries from dhaka after your so called help to bangladesh for fighting against Pakistan. And u should really know about samjhota express and other bombing cases where ur Hippocratic government started accusing Pakistan proir to any investigations and later it came out Pakistan was not involved in all this. But yeah who cares what happend later, because naturally people are concerned more when some incident happens rather than coming to know months later that all those accusations were just a lie. So this is all just a propaganda to change the image of Pakistan worldwide. And more than that it was weakness of ur intelligence agencies who failed and also a fault of ur armed forces who took three days to fight some immature kids playing with guns.

I dont have the links at this moment to prove my words as I am busy with some of my study courses, u can find out urself or i would request some Pakistani brother to find and provide sources about Indian explosives stuff, literature and specially their hand grenades with hindi written on them seized by our forces.

Apart from that it was also in news that terrorist and extremist groups in India are providing manpower supply in Pakistan to terrorist groups.
In the end ill say the same thing ill try bringing sources to satify some fanatics, otherwise these things are already running in the media.

Last edited:
Who cares what these Kashmiri thinks.

Being Indian citizens and part of the Indian union these kashmiris have every right to express their opinion. The local population have been the worst affected due to the terrorist activities emanating from Pakistan and their view is as much if not more important being that they are on the front lines Its surprising that this trade body instead of addressing concerns in their purview like trade, poverty alleviation and business they have to go out of their way to talk about this. Its the job of security related agencies and organizations to discuss this.

@Materialistic

Just to remind you the GoI can't "control" the media or what different bodies say. This is called freedom of expression and while their statements can be critiqued and repudiated as being ignorant, GoI can't keep a "lid" on it. That freedom of expression for you. India has valid reasons for keeping up pressure on Pakistan as long as the UJC based in muzaffarabad continues to launch its so called "jihad" and kills civilians, women and children.

Last edited:
There's no need to launch surgical strikes or anything of that sort. India should wreak havoc on Pakistan's agrarian economy and engage in targeted assassinations if the terrorist attacks continue. Reduce water supply during times of harvest, and out bid them economically on all fronts. India should give Pakistan a good reason to keep a tight lid on the ISI and their pets.
What's stopping you there, Mr. India?

India is not Israel, and Pakistan is no Palestine. If you were foolish enough to declare economic war on us, you'd better prepare for nuclear showers too, brother.

Film festival, cricket put Kashmir on peace pitch - dnaindia.com

Srinagar: There are at least two signs this week that peace is returning to Kashmir. An upcoming film festival and an ongoing a cricket match, is no doubt, lifting up the spirits of a people used to living under the shadow of guns, militants, soldiers and bloodshed.

The International Film Festival of Kashmir, a three-day event, that kicks off on Thursday, will showcase 15 international documentary films by renowned filmmakers across the globe. Jointly organised by the experimental moving images and theatre association (XMITA) and the J&K academy of art, culture and languages, the festival is the third in a series in the violence-torn valley.

Finding place in it will be Khayal Darpan, a film exploring the development of classical music in Pakistan, and Bronx Princess, a film on an American-born Muslim girl in search of her identity. The package has been chosen to highlight subjects and themes that have been put on the backburner in the valley.

"Our aim is to promote filmmaking and performing arts in the valley. There's very little focus on classical theatre in Kashmir. We want to revive it and this film festival is the best way to do it," said Ali Emran Kureshi, co-coordinator of the festival, whose films Sufism and Know Me will be shown.

Not just films, cricket too is doing its bit to boost Kashmir's image. The Haryana cricket team has lifted up the spirits of cricket lovers by playing a Ranji Trophy match at the same venue where Services had refused to play a few days ago.

"A match is being played in Kashmir after four years. The Haryana team is here for the past six days and they have throughly enjoyed playing here. There was no security problem," said Saleem Khan, general secretary of the J&K Cricket Association.

Even though the first day's play was washed out, and just 10 overs could be bowled on the second, Thursday saw a full day's play bringing smiles on the faces of organisers. "We were disappointed when the Services team pulled out. With this match, we have put that incident behind us. Cricket has won the day," said a player in the J&K Ranji team.

India is not Israel, and Pakistan is no Palestine. If you were foolish enough to declare economic war on us, you'd better prepare for nuclear showers too, brother.

nuclear shower for just economic war.:sick:

where will you hide after nuclear attack?:lol::disagree:
never knew will hear this kinda statement from thinktank.

ummmmmmmm nuclear stuff ? how about full out war:cheers:

nuclear shower for just economic war.:sick:

where will you hide after nuclear attack?:lol::disagree:
never knew will hear this kinda statement from thinktank.

He's talking about starving and blackmailing my people to death. Did you expect flowers?

I mean who do you think you are? Who do you think we are? I may be in the Think Tank, but it doesn't mean sh*t to me if I can't shut idiots up who talk about starving my people and bankrupting my country. My question was simply, why do you think you haven't done all that already? Ponder that question before retaliating. It sure as hell isn't due to your "good nature".

Secondly, we won't hide. We can't. However, in such a scenario, we're going to go down one way or another, might as well take you with us. Also, Pakistan is an ideology, it'll pop back up in a few hundred years. What will happen of your children?

Also, were you aware that most wars actually start out as economic ones? People have been going to war over land, resources, even shipping routes for centuries. The means have changed, thus, the nuclear reference.

Next time, put aside the flags, and consider why someone would get so angry at a comment. Put yourself in the man's show, and think how you would react if someone said they were going to economically strangle your family. Sticking up for your buddies is a good thing, but justifying their stupidity isn't. It makes you both look like fools.

And we care what the baluchi thinks
Yeah, I bet you do. First, please point Balochistan on a map. Secondly, have you ever met a Baloch in your life? Balochis couldn't give a damn about your feelings, they are based purely on anti-Pakistan sentiments and not on an understanding of their issues. You don't have to be smart to hate something, you do have to be smart to justify that hate. I guarantee my membership on this board you don't know squat about the Baloch issues, and are repeating word-for-word only what you have seen in your media.

By the way, this is the same media that claims that the only reason the Indian cricket team lost to Australia in the recent ODI series was because the matches started in the early mornings. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Australian team is more talented, or played with more desire. If these matches had been held in the afternoons, India would have swept the series. I bet you ate up that horse sh*t as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom