What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Consequences.

Neither unexpected nor new.

Maybe GOI shall now wake up & apply the brakes on ppl like these who do not seem to realise that the only way for change in India is thru the ballot.

None of them have the courage to contest an election. They simply are on the wrong bus.

It's not my assumption, two groups have been mentioned by name. Kashmir Punan (Pandits) and VHP (Hindu Right-wing).

Also people claiming no reputable source has mentioned right-wing Hindu parties, just one simple google revealed your most reputable source saying this:

The Hindu : Front Page : Chaos as Mirwaiz is heckled at Chandigarh seminar

Indeed.

Asim, the same reputable sources (both Indian and Pakistani) when talk about some summons that are making a lot of waves last couple of days, need proof and verification. But if the even make a qualified statement like "allegedly by activists of right-wing Hindu organisations and Kashmiri Pandits", it suddenly becomes the source of absolute truth ??

But "Akkhan walay Annay... Anyone" comment was for the balance part of my post..

Yes their are some tension when news reached their but luckily nothing happened ..

Shopkeeper shut their shops and public transport stop for the day because fear of some paid protesters.

Look Who's Talking. Before lecturing India on human rights please refresh your memory what happened to Asma Jahangir.

House arrest

On November 5, 2007, The Economist reported that "Over 500 lawyers, opposition politicians and human rights activists have been arrested. They include Asma Jahangir, boss of the country’s human-rights commission and a former UN special rapporteur. In an e-mail from her house arrest, where she has been placed for 90 days, Ms Jahangir regretted that General Musharraf had "lost his marbles".

Threats
Jahangir has received numerous threats over the years due to her activism and human rights work[4][24] and particularly after defending a 14 year old Christian boy, Salamat Masih, accused of blasphemy[25][26] and ultimately winning the case in 1995,[27] a mob at the High Court smashed Jahangir's car, assaulted her and her driver, threatening her with death.[28] Jahangir and her family have been attacked, taken hostage, had their home broken into and received death threats ever since, but she continues her battle for justice.[10][29][30]

When Jahangir undertook the case of Saima Sarwar in 1999, who was given shelter at Dastak after leaving her husband, wanting a divorce and later gunned down by her family in an act of honor killing, Jahangir received death threats for representing Saima in her divorce proceedings.[31][32][33][34]

In May 2005 Jahangir announced that she would hold a symbolic mixed-gender marathon in Lahore to raise awareness about violence against women. This was following the revelations of cases such as Mukhtar Mai. Tensions boiled over, as Islamist groups and supporters of the political Islamist alliance Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) armed with firearms, batons and Molotov cocktails,[35] violently opposed the race, and Jahangir received especially rough treatment from local police and intelligence agents, who began to strip off her clothes in public. Of this Jahangir said "A lot of people tried to cover my back because I could only feel it I could not see my back. When they were putting me on the police van, they assured that my photograph was taken while my back was bare. This was just to humiliate, this was simply just to humiliate me."[36] A police officer told Jahangir that they had orders to be strict and to tear off the participant’s clothes. In addition she along with other participants was also beaten.[37]

Shortly after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, on December 31, 2007, Jahangir's daughter Munizae accompanied by 3 friends and her younger sister, Sulema, was making a video clip for TV channel, GEO TV, filming the ripped posters and banners of the political parties in Gulberg area of Lahore city. They were kidnapped by armed men from the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q), severely beaten, abused and illegally detained (the girls were dragged and locked up in the office of the son of the outgoing Punjab Chief Minister). Asma Jahangir managed to intervene, despite initially being physically restrained, refused entry and threatened with guns, and called the police, who supported the armed men, insisting the girls hand over the tape. The police then threatened the parents of the girls that if any charges were pressed, the girls would be kidnapped, raped and killed.[38][39]

Last edited:
Attack on Mirwaiz reaction to separatists' politics: Omar :tup:

Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah has described the attack on Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in Chandigarh on Thursday as a "reaction to the kind of politics and policy" of the separatist leaders. Reacting to reports of the attack on the separatist leadertold reporters on the sidelines of a function in Jammu: "This was bound to happen".

He said, "It appeared to be a reaction to their politics and policy," indicating that separatist leaders were bound to invite public wrath for speaking against the country and its rule in Jammu and Kashmir.

The chief minister, however, said, "I don't condone the incident."

"We are very proud of our democracy, where the people have liberty to express themselves. Essentially, it's a battle of ideas and ideology," he said.

This is the third incident involving disruption of programmes of separatists.

First, a seminar in Delhi where hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani asked for "freedom of Kashmiris from the Indian rule in Kashmir" in October, was disrupted.

This was followed by the disturbances at a press conference of another separatist leader, Syed Shabir Shah, in Jammu early in November.

The Mirwaiz was roughed up at a seminar in Chandigarh, where he characterised Kashmir as a separate nation.

The Mirwaiz is also the chief cleric of Kashmir.

Looks like i had missed the party due to personal reasons.

I still dont understand the fool hardiness in trying to say Kashmir is not a part of India sitting in one of the most patriotic places in India.:rolleyes:

Did he think Chandigarh is Lal chowk where he will be cheered irrespective of the BS he talks.Cmon the least he could have done is to be realistic and should have understood how Kashmir is a sensitive topic to the Indians.

Anyway looking forward to his visit to my state.:D

p.s.: loved he bit where the slogan "bharat mata ki jai" was heard continuously.

Last edited:
And anyone pro-India has to resort to violence? If you have the guts, let him have his say.

When the innocent kashmiri Mulsims can pelt stones,damage public property and do all sorts of wanton violence in the name of self-determinations then why cant the 'Kashmiri' hindu pandits indulge in the same ?? Why the double standards ??

In short im borrowing omar abdullah's words - this kind of reaction is due to the kind of politics these people play and it was expected.

Also when the kashmiri muslims's violence is purely indigenious how come this work gets attributed to the RSS/VHP ?? Again blatant double standards.This is an indigenous protest by the 'kashmiri' pandits

this incident will erode our credibility dude....what happened to peaceful and law abiding Indians??
Nobody is above the law, the people who assaulted this guy need to punished.

And Mirwaiz should be punished for sedition - as simple as that.

But weren't they kicked out of IOK. Highly probabe that they might have spent their childhood in some refugee camp backed by Indian military.;)

Yes they were kicked out...Thats why they now kicked his rear...So why cry like sissies now ? ;)

Last edited:
When the innocent kashmiri Mulsims can pelt stones,damage public property and do all sorts of wanton violence in the name of self-determinations then why cant the 'Kashmiri' hindu pandits indulge in the same ?? Why the double standards ??

In short im borrowing omar abdullah's words - this kind of reaction is due to the kind of politics these people play and it was expected.

Also when the kashmiri muslims's violence is purely indigenious how come this work gets attributed to the RSS/VHP ?? Again blatant double standards.This is an indigenous protest by the 'kashmiri' pandits

And Mirwaiz should be punished for sedition - as simple as that.

If he indeed broke the law, put him jail rather than breaking his jaw.
Let Bubba Jr. give him some lovin'

Please tell me what level of abuse and lack of freedom should the Kashmiri consider as default? All hypocrisy is by India and the real gutless face of the Indian position on Kashmir has been exposed. It is now on tape that India can only silence Kashmiris through force.

ROFL..Should I take the pains in reminding you that Pandits are also Kashmiris ?

Or is the tag of 'Kashmiri' only reserved for the stone pelting,flag waving,azaadi chanting ,teenage Muslim youth from the Valley.

Would like a clarification on what is the standard in defence.pk.

Yes they were kicked out...Thats why they now kicked his rear...So why cry like sissies now ? ;)

In fact they tried to kick Mirwaiz and ended up getting kicked on their backs... These Sardar's of Indian police are doing a very perfect job. The same thing that happened to him in IOK happened in Punjab also.;)

Poor guys are always at the receiving end whether it is punjab or whether it is IOK.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact they tried to kick Mirwaiz and ended up getting kicked on their backs... These Sardar's of Indian police are doing a very perfect job. The same thing that happened to him in IOK happened in Punjab also.;)

Police beating the attackers

Poor guys are always at the receiving end whether it is punjab or whether it is IOK.:D

Lolzzzz......would have loved to see the reaction of these 'Sardars' to Mirwaiz. :D :sniper:

karthic-sri-albums-mine-picture4089-42497615-sikhs-afp416.jpg

Police beating the attackers

1) you seem to be insinuating that the violence against the kashmiri pandits was a good thing. i hope that is not true

2) what was done to him is what should be done to all law breakers in our country, specially rioters and stone pelters.

We certainly have big issues agreed. We are a big country after all with a huge population.

Good.

But I think Pakistan should focus on its own internal chaos like debted economy, growing radicalism, falling currency, unemployment increasing, rampant bomb attacks, illegal border movement with Afghanistan, balochistan secessionist movement, uncontrollable FATA etc, than asking us what to do.

Obviously Pakistan should focus. No doubt about it.

Non-involvement in each others' matters will lead to better and more genuine peace than this meddlesome approach.

Obviously. I hope Indian establishment also believes in your views too.:)

You solve your problem your way, we will solve ours.

Best of luck.:tup:

Thanks for the offer but we don't need help.

I never offered any help. Read the posts again.:)

This man is sick!!!! :devil:

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Grow up kid.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom