What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
:rofl: :rofl:

Indians and their obsessions :D

Better luck next time folks!

epic_fail.jpg

Guys.. Its simple.. The resolution has not be quashed. So there is no formal removal of Kashmir dispute from the list. Howeer the resoltion that has been made defunct has lost the mind share of the world at large, which is reflected in the fact that it is no longer refered to when the key conflicts / disputes around the world are discussed in the UNSC. If another article in this thread is to be believed, not even once since 2000. Take it as you will.. As I said yesterday, this just adds one more point for people on different forums to argue about..

Now that is a diplomatic victory for Pakistan! When America, India and Russia must be looking to take this issue out of its "unresolved list".. some silent players did the job even better! CONGRATULATIONS to Kashmiris and Pakistanis across the world.

UNITED NATIONS, Nov 16 (APP):The Jammu and Kashmir dispute remains on the United Nations Security Council’s agenda, a UN spokesman categorically stated Monday, while rejecting as “inaccurate” reports that it has been removed from the list of unresolved issues.“Some articles today on Kashmir are inaccurate,” UN Spokesman Farhan Haq said, referring to those reports. He said the latest list of matters the Security Council is seized of “continues to include the agenda item under which the Council has taken up Kashmir which, by a decision of the Council, remains on the list for this year,” the spokesman added.

Earlier, a spokesman for the Pakistan Mission clarified that Pakistan’s Acting Ambassador Amjad Hussain Sial, in his speech to the General Assembly on Friday, November 12 had referred to the omission of Jammu and Kashmir dispute in a statement by the President of the Security Council, and NOT from the Council’s Annual Report-as reported in a section of press.
“The agenda item entitled, ‘India and Pakistan Question’, which covers Jammu and Kashmir dispute, is duly mentioned in the Annual Report of the Security Council and is also present on its agenda,” Spokesman Mian

Jehangir Iqbal said in a statement. In his statement, the 15-member Council’s President for the current month, British Ambassador Mark Lyall Grant, while presenting the Annual Report to the 192-member assembly, did not mention the Kashmir dispute in the context of unresolved long-running situations, despite the fact decades-old issue is included in the Annual Report.

“We understand this was an inadvertent omission, as Jammu and Kashmir is one of the oldest disputes on agenda of the Security Council,” Ambassador Sial remarked, after Grant’s statement. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s UN Ambassador Abdullah Hussain Haroon, who is on a visit to Pakistan, said there was no question of the Kashmir issue being dropped from the Council’s agenda. “The Security Council Report in its annexures is explicit,” he said in a statement.
“The President of the Security Council, the Permanent Representative of the UK, is amply clear on the subject and is cognizant of the matter. I would request all concerned not to speculate unnecessarily upon the subject”

http://ftpapp.app.com.pk/en_/index.p...22259&Itemid=2.
The link to Security Council page is here. Click on 'Annual Report' and it will give the list of Annual Reports right from 2001-2002. Now once you have downloaded the Report(s) go straight to Part V (for all the reports it is the same). It deals with 'Matters brought to the attention of the Security Council but not discussed at meetings of the Council during the period covered'. This is where the 'India-Pakistan question' finds its place. Meaning that Kashmir issue is regularly raised, by hook or crook - this time it was by Syria - but has never been discussed since 2001-2002 (actually since lot earlier than that), indicating that Kashmir issue is a 'dead dodo' to UN.

I am not sure what Mr Sial was getting at by his comment 'an inadvertent omission'. It was neither 'inadvertent' nor was it an 'omission'. [I had mentioned in another thread that it is a 'clerical error'. I stand corrected.]

Much ado about nothing. I hope the Pakistani internet kommandus can take a break now.

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You idiots. It would have been nice for all those morons to watch the video before posting it everywhere with false claims.

This protest was staged in wake of a firing incident during elections in 2009 in Gilgit Baltistan wherein all political parties took part.

The activists of PPP and the rival group contesting elections opened fire which led to killing of a young boy.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you indians. i feel really sorry for this mentality of some indians. You guys cling to straws that too the wet straws that can not give you support for even neno second

The woman being interviewed though said that Police fired on the crowd resulting in the death..

Anyway, Kashmir aside, the Police in our part of the world must be the worst in the world for crowd control. :disagree:

Guys.. Its simple.. The resolution has not be quashed. So there is no formal removal of Kashmir dispute from the list. Howeer the resoltion that has been made defunct has lost the mind share of the world at large, which is reflected in the fact that it is no longer refered to when the key conflicts / disputes around the world are discussed in the UNSC. If another article in this thread is to be believed, not even once since 2000. Take it as you will.. As I said yesterday, this just adds one more point for people on different forums to argue about..

A wishful thinking my friend.. if it had lost the intrest of the "world" at large, it would have been out of UN disputed list because India has probably all the good chips which it can use to manipulate the "world". So the moment we stand, UN declares Kashmir as a disputed territory between India and Pakistan.

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You idiots. It would have been nice for all those morons to watch the video before posting it everywhere with false claims.

This protest was staged in wake of a firing incident during elections in 2009 in Gilgit Baltistan wherein all political parties took part.

The activists of PPP and the rival group contesting elections opened fire which led to killing of a young boy.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you indians. i feel really sorry for this mentality of some indians. You guys cling to straws that too the wet straws that can not give you support for even neno second

Watch The Video Again

I
n his statement, the 15-member Council’s President for the current month, British Ambassador Mark Lyall Grant, while presenting the Annual Report to the 192-member assembly, did not mention the Kashmir dispute in the context of unresolved long-running situations, despite the fact decades-old issue is included in the Annual Report.

“We understand this was an inadvertent omission, as Jammu and Kashmir is one of the oldest disputes on agenda of the Security Council,” Ambassador Sial remarked, after Grant’s statement.

Mark Lyall ( as in Lyallpur) Grant was most recently UK ambassador in Pakistan where among other things he fixed the return of Mr. Nawaz Sharif

This is what Indian friends are like now, imagine them with a UNSC seat:cheers: Anybody ever see that movie "the party" with Peter Sellers -- it's funny and sad.....and scary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... look at the "picture" India is trying to show.. Indians you are Indians!

PPP Murdabad and Indian media listens it as Pakistan Army.. fcours there is some connection between the two as both start with alphabet P. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What an Indian!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom