What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
only indian sources so far

dont get your hopes up, indian media loves to lie

If the source is the Hindu rest assured of the authenticity of this newspaper one of the most respected newspaper in India n world

The Times, London listed The Hindu as one of the world's ten best newspapers in 1965. Discussing each of its choices in separate articles, The Times wrote:
“ The Hindu takes the general seriousness to lengths of severity... The Hindu which is published in Madras, is the only newspaper which in spite of being published only in a provincial capital is regularly and attentively read in Delhi. It is read not only as a distant and authoritative voice on national affairs but as an expression of the most liberal—and least provincial—southern attitudes... Its Delhi Bureau gives it outstanding political and economic dispatches and it carries regular and frequent reports from all state capitals, so giving more news from states, other than its own, than most newspapers in India... It might fairly be described as a national voice with a southern accent. The Hindu can claim to be the most respected paper in India.[11] ”
In 1968, the American Newspaper Publishers' Association awarded The Hindu its World Press Achievement Award. An extract from the citation reads:
“ Throughout nearly a century of its publication The Hindu has exerted wide influence not only in Madras but throughout India. Conservative in both tone and appearance, it has wide appeal to the English-speaking segment of the population and wide readership among government officials and business leaders... The Hindu has provided its readers a broad and balanced news coverage, enterprising reporting and a sober and thoughtful comment... [It] has provided its country a model of journalistic excellence... [It] has fought for a greater measure of humanity for India and its people... [and] has not confined itself to a narrow chauvinism. Its Correspondents stationed in the major capitals of the world furnish The Hindu with world-wide news coverage... For its championing of reason over emotion, for its dedication to principle even in the face of criticism and popular disapproval, for its confidence in the future, it has earned the respect of its community, its country, and the world.[11]

In fact its the most pro china newspaper n its magzine Frontline in fact critsised Nehru on aksai chin n blamed him for 62 conflict. It had article on progress made by Tibet under china

It was the only publishing house which has critisised Indo US stretigic relations callin America imperiealistic power

Hard to digest the reality for Pakistan people. . I guess news will come on everywhere soon. But for me its not a news its obvious for everyone that UN dont care about Kashmir.

Clerical error, but surely the symbolism is not lost on our Western neighbour - that Kashmir is so low in priority to UN or anybody else that an error such as this can happen at UN, of all places, and remains undetected.

On another note, if anything gets on UN list of things, it is really difficult to get it removed. Nataji Subhash Bose is still on the list of war (WW 2) criminals.

As for Indias take on this, doesnt India claim the whole of Azad Kashmir + Gilgit Baltistan as well as Chiniese Kashmir. Hence isnt this a setback for India as well?
Actually it is. When the first time it was proposed that LoC (then CFL) be turned into IB, way back in mid 50's, Nehru had to withstand flak from the opposition for giving up India's legitimate claim on Kashmir to the west of CFL (now LoC).

This actually illustrates India's pragmatism. We know, we won't get it back. We, barring a few loonies, therefore stopped losing sleep on it, while Pakistan continues to chase the chimera that is India administered Kashmir.

I cant find any other sources besides indian ones and we all know how "reliable" they are

Sino-Indian relations are certainly very important. :tup: I'd like to clarify though, that China currently controls around 20% of Kashmir territory (uninhabited), so we have a stake in this too.

No we do not occupying any lands of Kashmir, the Chinese Sovereign Territory that Indian expansionists refers as Aksai Chin is not part of Kashmir.

You always have an idea, but to stop it, it can not happen. China and Pakistan's cooperation is in our own needs, not to go against India. So even if the development of relations between China and India, it will not affect the relationship between China and Pakistan. Any angle, I hope India and Pakistan relations can develop, stop an exclusive co-operation thinking.

No we do not occupying any lands of Kashmir, the Chinese Sovereign Territory that Indian expansionists refers as Aksai Chin is not part of Kashmir.

OK you can put it like that. To reiterate, China controls around 20% of the disputed territory in the Kashmir region. The disputed area under Chinese control is uninhabited.

Well, India suggested china to set up a Kashmir exile government in China. I agree that.

OK you can put it like that. To reiterate, China controls around 20% of the disputed territory in the Kashmir region. The disputed area under Chinese control is uninhabited.

This further underscores the point that the only ' resolution' that can be on J&K is the convert the LC to an IB.

If this news is true, so J&K is not a disputed territory any more at international level.
So we can call Kashmiri Movement in Indian administered Kashmir a terrorism as it's called in NWPF? I'm bit curious to know what excuse all of our PDF friends will use to justify terror in valley?

This further underscores the point that the only ' resolution' that can be on J&K is the convert the LC to an IB.

I agree with this approach. :tup:

We should turn the current status quo into permanent borders. China gets to keep Aksai chin, India gets to keep J&K, Pakistan gets to keep AK and GB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom