What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
hmmm...so are you now claiming to be in occupied Kashmir?
That's correct, i am currently in "Azad Kashmir" now. So is "Azad Kashmir" occupied for you ? Do you and GoP use the same Dictionary while referring to "Azad" ? I get it now, Kashmiris chanting "Aazadi, Aazadi" want to be under subjugation as they are in "Azad Kashmir" ? Don't worry, we are telling them that they are actually in "Azad Kashmir" where for us, "Azad" means freedom.
no shortage of hay where you come from I would imagine! All those cows roaming around even big urban cities and all.
Absolutely, but sometimes we see the neighbouring country put them to an even better use like making them share the road along with Cars and Trucks.
cows-on-road-hyderabad-pakistan.jpg

bump bump

Why is this thread getting absolutely zero attention ? :azn:

because its a useless, garbage thread....that's why

did anybody learn anything new? No. Is the feedback from you people any different? the standard rhetoric? No.

did anybody learn anything new? No. Is the feedback from you people any different? the standard rhetoric? No.

Sir with all due respect why are you a "Non-state Actor" ?

Kashmir is not even an international agenda.

I live in England nobody has herd of this dispute.

Nobody cares.

Only Arab israeli dispute or WOT matters in Europe.

Kashmir will remain in status quo nothing will change

The only reason we don't go to an international forum to discuss freedom for Kashmir is because we are bound not to by the Simla Accord. Talks with India over freedom for kashmir have been initiated various times but ended without any thing of substance being agreed upon. Your last piece of information is incorrect, if such was the case then Gilgit-Baltistan would not have been a member of the Unrepresented nations Council.

Can you quote a single example of such talks where option was discussed. You were firstly convinced that UN resolutions have an option for Independent Kashmir - you were WRONG. Now this new rhetoric of Talks with India over independence - back it up with some facts. Dont guess in thin air. You wont be able to find any coz it is again WRONG.

Hi guys, as you are all aware, recent months have seen a very unfortunatre cycle of violence and unrest in J&K yet there's something very interesting to note. No major international power/organisation such as US/UK/France/China/Russia/UN/muslim or Arab world etc. has lent its voice to the kashmir issue even after so much trouble and so many deaths.

There is an unprecedented calm/silence over Kashmir in the international arena. Nobody is willing to take up the issue of kashmir except Pakistan.

My questional to all of you is, are we slowly but surely witnessing the 'internalising' of Kashmir as far as India is concerned? Are we witnessing an ever decreasing role of Pakistan/international community as far as Kashmir is concerned? There is a near total silence on Kashmir.

I,personally, feel that since India is now on its way to become a global power and a huge economic beacon of hope for the west as well as for China (in terms of India's huge market etc.) and also as the centre of global power slowly shifts from west to east and with west more and more grappling with many other much serious issues of its own which are primarily economic in nature, Kashmir has majorly lost and is still losing any international significance or relevance it one had...

What do you guys think?:undecided:
You have to really have your head buried under the ground to have missed the amount of statements against India.

The thing is, India has NEVER been criticized before. Not in the terms its being criticized now, as a tyrant, as brutal, as undemocratic and not with the frequency as it is now.

There is no gun fire against Indian security forces, its stones, kicks and slaps. India can't play the victim card any more.

You Back Flameboy. Atleast one member learned that what UN resolutions actually ask for and so did several other lurkers who thought likewise.

Feedback - There were none to prove Pakistani support to free kashmir.

PS: The picture proves my point further. The organization does not ask for a free kashmir.

Can you quote a single example of such talks where option was discussed. You were firstly convinced that UN resolutions have an option for Independent Kashmir - you were WRONG. Now this new rhetoric of Talks with India over independence - back it up with some facts. Dont guess in thin air. You wont be able to find any coz it is again WRONG.

My friend I was as wrong as you were with the UN thing, since it was a recommendation and nothing concrete.

And Pakistan's ex-Foreign Minister Mr. Kasuri has acknowledged that Pakistan and India were very close to declaring Kashmir an autonomous region however change of govt stalled the procedure and Mumbai Incident finished all prospects of it ever happening.

Dear Pakistani friends,

I'm a Kashmiri Pandit myself. Hindu and Kashmiri, roots in Baramulla. My father and my uncles all had to leave the valley and live in Pune because of the constant harassment and threats from militants and Hurriyat types. We still own land there and my ancestral house is still there.

If you want Kashmir to be part of Pakistan, then you will get people like me along with it. Give me some reasons -your sales pitch - as to why I should support Kashmir's accession to Pakistan. No airy fairy stuff. Real direct reasons as to how my life will be better as a Pakistani. What can you give me as a Kashmiri in terms of life, safety, opportunities etc.?

You have my attention. I am ready to be convinced. Go on.

That's correct, i am currently in "Azad Kashmir" .

not according to your IP address ;)

is there something I should know?

Absolutely, but sometimes we see the neighbouring country put them to an even better use like making them share the road along with Cars and Trucks.

before heading to the meat factory....

nexxxxxxxxt.

There is difference between afghanistan and India. In worst case we can follow China model(Xingiyang, Tibet) easily but that is not democratic way. However that is our last resort to save territorial integrity.

We are not comparing you with Afghanistan, we are comparing you with Soviet Union and today's America and NATO. I know this is not your "value" but anyways we are using this analogy to burst your bubble that since you are huge in numbers you can always keep Kashmiris occupied.

To add to it ...i ahve asked this question on two different threads yet have not got any response, so far...Let me ask here as well

a) There have been lot of talks about plebiscite....Skeptic has brought up a good point about option for Independece of Kashmir, however irrespective of what are the options available to people of J&K i will like to know how in today's situation pelbiscite is possible???

Can we create conditions in which we are helding plebiscite and not being unfair to India, Pakistan and People of Kashmir??? Let me highlight the complexities and would appreciate if someone can share their thoughts

- Part of Kashmir acceeded to China by Pak.
- Areas under Chinese Control after 62 war.
- Pakistani citizens living in P-O-K. How to identify them and send them back to Pak??
- Kashmiri Pandits living in exile
- Demilitarization of Kashmir - Complete pull back by Pak and minimum level by India
- Last but not the lease skewed demands by People of Jammu and Kashmir starting from
- Align with Pak
- Align with India
- Align with Nobody
- Align with India with more Autonomy
- Aling with Pakistan with more Autonomy

Looking at all this how wrong am i when i say as per ground reality Plebiscite is just wishful thinking....it is not possible in synch with the sentiments that it was proposed....Yes vested interests will keep the rhetoric on however saner people will try to shelve the plan and come with a practical and achievable solution...

Dear Pakistani friends,

I'm a Kashmiri Pandit myself. Hindu and Kashmiri, roots in Baramulla. My father and my uncles all had to leave the valley and live in Pune because of the constant harassment and threats from militants and Hurriyat types. We still own land there and my ancestral house is still there.

If you want Kashmir to be part of Pakistan, then you will get people like me along with it. Give me some reasons -your sales pitch - as to why I should support Kashmir's accession to Pakistan. No airy fairy stuff. Real direct reasons as to how my life will be better as a Pakistani. What can you give me as a Kashmiri in terms of life, safety, opportunities etc.?

You have my attention. I am ready to be convinced. Go on.

Dear Friend,
In short you will get nothing, because in reality we stand nothing to gain from this the only reason we have chosen to stick with Kashmir is because the people EXPECT us to. As long as the people are shouting slogans like:
"Kashmir banay ga Pakistan"
"Jeeway Jeeway Pakistan"
"Jan say piyara Pakistan"
How can we turn a blind eye towards them ? I am personally tired of this conflict and wish it ends soon. I curse the Indian govt for not holding the plebiscite yet. They should just go ahead with it and get it over with. That way, we can bury the hatchet and move in a more positive direction without plotting for each other's destruction.

P.S. If Kashmir does become a part of Pakistan, the "Hurriyat Types" will probably stop pestering you.

Wish you peace.
Regards,

it's a shame that India still is not able to take care of kashmir. look what china did to tibet and xinjiang. India adopt same policy.

Invest in kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom