What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
India firmly rejects gratuitous Pak statements on Jammu & Kashmir

For the second time this week, Pakistan on Friday called upon India to exercise restraint in ‘Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK)’ and urged the international community to take steps for safeguarding the human rights of Kashmiris. It also sought early and full resumption of the dialogue process with India; adding that Pakistan wants a constructive, sustained and result-oriented dialogue on all issues including the Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) dispute.

The statement issued by the Foreign Office takes serious note of the deteriorating situation in Kashmir.

“The Kashmiris are unanimous in their demand for self-determination. This sentiment and its firm determination is being reflected in the peaceful protests of the youth, women and all segments of civil society.”

Condemning the brutality of the security forces, Pakistan said the killing of innocent Kashmiris, continued arrests and detention of Kashmiri leaders was unacceptable.

The statement said Pakistan was committed to finding a fair and peaceful resolution of the issue of Jammu & Kashmir in accordance with the relevant United Nations resolutions and wishes and aspirations of the Kashmiri people.

This is the second time this week that Pakistan has issued an official statement on the situation in Kashmir. The last statement was issued on Tuesday, a day after 15 people were killed.

Pak urges international community to safeguard human rights in Kashmir

Two more Kashmiris were killed by Indian terrorist Army today.

Two killed, 16 injured in fresh protests in Kashmir

SRINAGAR: Two persons were killed and 16 others injured as security forces allegedly opened fire to quell stone-pelting mobs at four places in Budgam and Baramulla districts of central Kashmir on Friday.

The fresh protests came even as curfew remained in force in Srinagar and other major towns of the Kashmir Valley for the fifth successive day today.

Five persons were injured when security forces allegedly opened fire to disperse hundreds of people who defied curfew and indulged in stone-pelting at Churpora village of Beerwah, 32 kms from here, in Budgam district, official sources said.

One of the critically injured identified as Fayaz Ahmad Dar was rushed to SKIMS Medical College Hospital at Bemina where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.

Another youth Ghulam Rasool Bhat was killed and eight others injured when security forces allegedly opened fire and used pump action gun to chase away curfew-defying mob at Tapper Payeen in Pattan area of Baramulla district, the sources said.

Bhat was taken to Sumbal sub-district hospital where he succumbed to injuries, they said.

With the fresh killings, the toll in the ongoing unrest, since June 11, in the Kashmir Valley has risen to 93.

Three more persons were injured in clashes between security forces and protestors at Sangrama in Baramulla district, the sources said, adding security forces allegedly opened fire in an attempt to bring the situation under control.

Another person identified as Mohammad Shafi was hit by a bullet in the leg when security forces allegedly opened fire after being attacked by a stone-pelting mob at Chichloora-Magam, 25 kms from here, on Srinagar- Gulmarg road, the sources said.

They said the situation in the areas, hit by fresh violence, was tense as hundreds of people have gathered on the roads to protest against the security forces firing.

Curfew was being strictly implemented across the Valley in order to thwart the call for a march to various violence-hit areas given by hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference, which is spearheading the ongoing agitation.

Geelani-led Hurriyat has asked people from North Kashmir except Kupwara district to march to Palhallan in Baramulla district, while the residents of Ganderbal, Budgam and Srinagar were asked to head to Humhama area of Budgam.

The residents of South Kashmir were asked to march to Pampore town in Pulwama district, while the residents of Kupwara were asked to hold peaceful protests at the district headquarters against the recent killings.

Pampore, Humhama and Palhallan have been the worst hit areas in the clashes between the protestors and security forces over the last fortnight and most of the deaths have occurred in these areas.

Curfew was imposed in Sriangar on Sunday and was extended to entire Kashmir Valley the next day following large scale violence and massive protests.

Read more: Two killed, 16 injured in fresh protests in Kashmir - The Times of India Two killed, 16 injured in fresh protests in Kashmir - The Times of India

Read more: Two killed, 16 injured in fresh protests in Kashmir - The Times of India Two killed, 16 injured in fresh protests in Kashmir - The Times of India

Appreciate the positive words bro, don't worry, there are many like me, just hope more made a splash on this forum. Too many patriotic (or idiotic, whichever way you look at it!) people get clouded in their sentiments.
You are right...what i would love to have is such sane people rising to the occasion and stop this madness going on....

If you approach an angle as take take take, refusing to look at the situation from the opposing perspective, then how can one expect progress? My experience tells me that those Pakistani's that are living abroad, are more passionate about this issue than the common man back in Pakistan!

Yet you speak to these people like I do in the UK, and they know nothing about the dynamics of Kashmir, the different stakeholders, the views from India's perspective, who Syed Salahuddin is, who Geelani is, what article 370 is, what autonomy means, the history, our failings etc etc. It's constant 'Kashmir banega Pakistan'.

If you're going to be blinded by your patriotism, and blind hatred of India, then you need to be educated about this complex matter we have on our hands - and start to accept reality.
words of a wise man....

Reality is that we can find a solution, place our hatred behind us and prosper not in isolation, but together.
Absolutely correct....

Unfortunately, Pakistani's do allow their emotions to get the better of them, and that leads to poor decision making.
There are scores of Indian's who follow the same trait, however not entirely their fault....Hawks on both sides never let them know what the reality is....Though what amazes me is that why the educated folks backed with the power of internet cannot call spade a spade...

We care more about the Palestinians for example than the Arabs themselves. Why? It seems we needs a bogeyman to blame and to act as an outlet for our own frustrations, whether it's India or Israel. It never ceases to amaze me.
This is actually one thing that amazes me the most when it comes to Pakistan...There has to be some vision on how the policy makers want to see Pakistan...A small analogy but fits here....When Barack Obama was running for presedential elections he never used Black card to get votes....He portrayed him as the predential candidate for all americans and end up as winner...Pakistan wants to carry the torche of Islam is fine but one should always look out to make more friends....Nothing wrong in Learning from mistakes of India....We are still unclear about how we want to handle Kashmir and results are in front of us...In other words Foreign policy is one thing where one should not mess with....High time pakistan should follow the foot prints of countries like Turkey....

As patriotic as I am, and I love my country to bits, there is no reason why we as neighbours (whether it is in the sub-continent, or here in the UK) can't get along. If Bopanna and Qureshi are setting the benchmark, then we need to follow in that direction. Believe me, it can be done.

I see no reason why it cannot be done...However what puts me off is that the coming generations have no sentiments for neighbours...I was amazed to see that civil society in India did not put enough pressure on GOI to send Aid to Pakistan sooner then when it was actually offered...same at pakistan end...GOP dilly-Dallied for quite long and civil society could not put enough pressure to take on the Aid....Finally the pressure came from US which is shocking..Anyways hoping for the best....

AT THE MOMENT AJ&K is an autonomous region, thus the oath carries the line highlighted above. Should IHK be declared independent today, the line highlighted above shall be removed.

That is why it is called an Interim constitution..................

India does not claim to support this option or for that matter even negotiate independence. How can Kashmir be declared independent, if there is no option for independence in UN offered referendum, India is openly against even negotiating this option and Pakistan thus far has never supported it. (If it has provide an instance)

All the time Pakistanis are huffing and puffing over their claim to support Independence of Kashmir. All this talk is never backed by official action and thus the claim of hypocrisy.

That is self-criticism based on a single person's personal view. I would like a report based on facts not personal beliefs. Thank You...............

I am not trying to instigate any debate on reports (by UN or anyone else) simply asking to provide a single instance of Pakistan officially supporting Independence option in Kashmir.

There was another part of the same country that got Independence on August 14, 1947 and had the same Flag ; Unfortunately now that country celebrates its Independence day on March 26 now

why ''unfortunately'' ??? :what:

, and has a Red Sun (metaphorically the Colour of its people's blood spilt) against a Dark Green Background.

you mean this?

flag_bangladesh.gif

another good looking flag....i heard it sells well in West Bengal/Nagaland :cheers:

I wonder what flag colour are these guys going to have when they celebrate their Indpependence day.

their own

Well they always condemned violence and their are dozens of their statements where they asked people to refrain from violence. But on the other hand they also continued their struggle of their valley by the foreigners. So they always asked people of IOK to refrain from violence which you didn't read because of your stubbornness to continue your occupation of the land which never belong to you.

I amnot being stubborn here but you are....I very well know about appeals of Geelani to refrain from violence so don't put your judgement on me without even knowing what i know and what not...Moreover understand the question properly before you hit the reply button....

This whole saga has continued for 2-3 months...Crowds have been repeatedly violent and yet they carried on with protest...Why is this self-conscious correction now??? Do you want my help to fill in the blank or can relate it with so called useless delegation coming in on Monday???

Use google for those appeals. Thanks
I am well-versed with happening in my country so i don't need google for that...However you might need some googling to find out truth and how useless/useful delegation is going to be and who are all part of this delegation....

No I know about that delegation crap. That was the only decision out of that useless APC. And this delegation thing would be as useless as the APC in which it was decided.
:)

well if you already know it is crap then what are you doing in this thread...When you already know this then please care to explain what are you here to discuss???

And you were providing the same chart on some other thread also. I think giving it once was enough for your self satisfaction.

Sir ji.. By that logic your no of posts would be less than 500.. Innit? The same old story about Kashmir being repeated over and over again ;)

Jokes apart, such numbers tell a compelling story that can be used as a reference in many discussions.

Think about it honestly. Such a lot of noise on deaths of 90 civilians in 3 months.. Go back to 2001 and this was the story of every month. Makes you think.. Innit??

Also look at the attrition ratio of the sec forces against the terrorists/freedom fighters .. Compelling again.

India does not claim to support this option or for that matter even negotiate independence. How can Kashmir be declared independent, if there is no option for independence in UN offered referendum, India is openly against even negotiating this option and Pakistan thus far has never supported it. (If it has provide an instance)

All the time Pakistanis are huffing and puffing over their claim to support Independence of Kashmir. All this talk is never backed by official action and thus the claim of hypocrisy.

Complete Independence is one of the options promised to the Kashmiris by the UN in the form of a plebiscite that Nehru promised would be held when "Conditions Normalize" however it seems that in India's book the situation has never "Normalized". So we don't really care if Independence is a viable option in India's eyes as long as the UN says it is. Pakistan has always supported the plebiscite and therefore has always supported the Kashmiris right to self-determination. "Kashmirion koh Haq-e-Khudaradiat ada karo" is the literal meaning of our policy regarding Kashmir. We do support Kashmiri freedom on all levels whether they be national policy or just a corner shop debate. No hypocrisy as far as this topic is concerned.

I am not trying to instigate any debate on reports (by UN or anyone else) simply asking to provide a single instance of Pakistan officially supporting Independence option in Kashmir.

You can't hope to bring up Kahmir and not attract a debate in a Pakistani forum. If you want to discuss Kashmir without debate try the Slovakia Defence Forum.

PS: Looks like you overlooked the passage highlighted in Red.

you do analysis based on parameters -were they met or not.

Sri Lanka crushed the 25/30 year old LTTE terror. In other words, they succeeded.

but Kashmiri seperatists dont have a makeshift air force; dont use suicide bombs; and are generally non-violent people just protesting against indian occupation

again -- believe referendum is the best solution. You have on numerous occasions told me why YOU THINK it would not be feasible. We're at a roadblock obviously, our differences are irr-reconcilable. Let's just agree to disagree then; more power to you for at least arguing maturely unlike some of our other guests here

First show one flag of that country which you are supporting.
Other wise in your every post I have to reply you with your post in which you admitted that you are a Indian.
I can understand what Impression you are trying to give by showing these flags. :police:

I don't know how many times will i have to explain the reason.

btw, if you have checked my posts where i admit being indian, also check then my posts praising USA and bashing india. :smitten:

btw, i am ateast admitting it, some ppl here in US won't even do that. :coffee:

I am a US citizen and Proud to be one. :coffee:

Last edited:
You should have read the whole thing, you might have read something that you couldn't take out of context:

WHEREAS the future status of the State of Jammu and Kashmir is yet to be determined in accordance with the freely expressed will of the people of the State through the democratic method of free and fair plebiscite under the auspices of the United Nations as envisaged in the UNCIP Resolutions adopted from time to time;

I have not debated the UN report or any article. Just simply asking for a single instance showing Pakistan's official support for Independence option of Kashmir.

UN resolution is amply debated and it does not have a provision for Independent Kashmir. Only choices are accession with a) India b) Pakistan.

Has Pakistan ever tried to add the third option? Has it ever suggested a solution which has provision for Independent Kashmir? Has it ever made any statement (at an international summit) supporting Independence option?

That is the question everyone is shying away from. We all know what UN has recommended and we have our reasons to support or be against those suggestions, but what seems most interesting is even PDF admins leave alone innocent Kashmiris - Think that UN resolution offers an option for independent Kashmir and Pakistan is supporting it by pushing for referendum.

Example :

Pakistan has always pushed for plebiscite, not simple integration. The rules of the plebiscite always clearly state that they may join India, Pakistan or choose Independence. So we're quite open to the idea of a Kashmiri independence.

it pertains to that cheesy publicity stunt; there was a thread on it which was closed (thank God)

well intentioned...but cheesy as hell. Some fundamentalist Muslim young lady hand in hand with some hindu kid who is dressed as a deity of some kind (maybe the indian hindus here can elaborate further)

Complete Independence is one of the options promised to the Kashmiris by the UN in the form of a plebiscite that Nehru promised would be held when "Conditions Normalize" however it seems that in India's book the situation has never "Normalized". So we don't really care if Independence is a viable option in India's eyes as long as the UN says it is. Pakistan has always supported the plebiscite and therefore has always supported the Kashmiris right to self-determination. "Kashmirion koh Haq-e-Khudaradiat ada karo" is the literal meaning of our policy regarding Kashmir. We do support Kashmiri freedom on all levels whether they be national policy or just a corner shop debate. No hypocrisy as far as this topic is concerned.

You can't hope to bring up Kahmir and not attract a debate in a Pakistani forum. If you want to discuss Kashmir without debate try the Slovakia Defence Forum.

PS: Looks like you overlooked the passage highlighted in Red.

You are 100% wrong in the bolded part. Read the resolutions you are so excited to shove down Kashmiri throats. It has no provision for Independence. Either Pakistan or India.

Exactly what I was referring to. UN resolutions have no option for Independent Kashmir. Pakistan has popularized this misconception. I rest my case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom