What's new

Kashmir Conflict 101 - An independent view

As PAFAce himself pointed out this interview was done for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation shortly after the Bombay attacks of 2008. most likely atfer few days of the attcks thats why it sounds so half baked ,low on the events surrounding the attcks and the culprits behind it.

But we shouldnt miss the the twist these people were trying to give to 26/11. Luckily for us, Kasab was caught alive, otherwise, these 'facts' invented by this 'journalist' would have been mouthed by everyone today.

But we shouldnt miss the the twist these people were trying to give to 26/11. Luckily for us, Kasab was caught alive, otherwise, these 'facts' invented by this 'journalist' would have been mouthed by everyone today.

This journalist has been looking at this region through an independent lense for a very long time. He is not pro-Pakistan, his other interviews make that quite clear. However, the Kashmir issue is one of those issues where it's difficult to stay neutral, much like the Palistine issue. One side is clearly much more "wrong" than the other, but that side will continue to deny, deny, deny. Really, anybody who does some serious amount of research on the Kashmir issue will eventually be won over by them, anybody with a heart and mind, that is.

What the majority of the people of Kashmir want every Kashmiri, Pakistani and even Indian knows, and we've known it since 1946, but the blatant denial from the Indian side is expected. Nobody, most of all India, can afford to lose a large chunk of land simply because its people want that to happen. If it did, it might just begin a wave of break-offs all over India, from Assam to Andhra Pradesh to Khalistan and so on. So, for India, this isn't just about Kashmir, whereas for Pakistan and Kashmir it is only about Kashmiris.

But go ahead, continue to deny the problem exists. Continue to deny that what you are doing to these people is exactly, and sometimes much worse than, what the British did to your ancestors. Continue to deny that these people will, eventually, obtain freedom, because nobody has ever managed to occupy another people against their wills forever.

nobody has ever managed to occupy another people against their wills forever.

Very true. Thats why you could not hold on to East Pakistan while Kashmir is still with us. Yatho Dharmah, Thato Jayah(Victory is only there, where there is Justice).

This journalist has been looking at this region through an independent lense for a very long time. He is not pro-Pakistan, his other interviews make that quite clear. However, the Kashmir issue is one of those issues where it's difficult to stay neutral, much like the Palistine issue. One side is clearly much more "wrong" than the other, but that side will continue to deny, deny, deny. Really, anybody who does some serious amount of research on the Kashmir issue will eventually be won over by them, anybody with a heart and mind, that is.

What the majority of the people of Kashmir want every Kashmiri, Pakistani and even Indian knows, and we've known it since 1946, but the blatant denial from the Indian side is expected. Nobody, most of all India, can afford to lose a large chunk of land simply because its people want that to happen. If it did, it might just begin a wave of break-offs all over India, from Assam to Andhra Pradesh to Khalistan and so on. So, for India, this isn't just about Kashmir, whereas for Pakistan and Kashmir it is only about Kashmiris.

But go ahead, continue to deny the problem exists. Continue to deny that what you are doing to these people is exactly, and sometimes much worse than, what the British did to your ancestors. Continue to deny that these people will, eventually, obtain freedom, because nobody has ever managed to occupy another people against their wills forever.

I certainly dont think that Pakistan's interest in this matter is just related to the wishes of the Kashmiris. if that's the case then you'd agree that in '71 India's interest was only the wishes of the East Pakistanis. Both India and Pakistan have used issues for ulterior motives.

Well, I am new to this forum and frankly speaking, though I read a lot of the posts, I really dont have much facts to add to the discussions. But this doesnt stop me from voicing my own personal views.
Coming to the topic of Kashmir issue- I feel this Kashmir problem is really a pain in the A## for us. For the past 6 decades we have tried to make peace with Pakistan as well as Kashmiris on the issue, but all in vein. We are spending millions of rupees for maintaining peace and avoiding violence in the valley. I also feel that kashmiris will be better off being a part of India rather than being with Pakistan considering the current state of affairs.There are far more opportunities in India for everyone to prosper. But all said and done, we should not force our opinion on them. Kashmir is an international issue now, whether we like it or not. Rather than being stubborn (which is increasing the separatist feelings ) we should face the reailty.Just like Pakistan and India, we (Indians & kashmiri Indians) are like brothers turned fighting. And I dont forsee any drastic improvements like what happened in Indian Punjab. Why cant we then face public opinion of the people of the valley. If they want to part with some other country and are willing to kill innocent people for that, its better to let them do the former than allowing them to do the latter.
Its my personal opinion though, you are free to differ. But I am really frustrated with all this violence and killings. Jab shareer ke ghav naasoor ban jaate han to unhe kaat ke alag karna padta hai.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom