What's new

‘Kashmir be given to Pakistan’: Slipper thrown at Arundhati Roy

Agreed - Democracy ensures freedom of expression. What I dont agree with you is when you say what she said is "bitter reality". It isnt reality, but it is her view. Right or wrong, doesnt matter because she has the full right to express her view. My point is that neither her view or that of the shoe-thrower's is not to be equated with the rest of the country's view. This is my request.

What she said isn't a reality, how can you say this? That’s where problem starts!

Ok, let's have an open mind :azn: let's give Kashmiris the right of self-determination! :azn: Kashmir belongs to Kashmiris, let them decide their future. Let democracy prevail in its full shape! What do you say?

I agree we have to keep our mind open. And trust me, I came here with an open mind and am willing to hear and learn, given that I dont hear heavily biased statements at the slightest provocation. This holds good for people of any country. We have to grow beyond that to atleast give a chance to our future generations to live in peace.

Everyone wants peace. Nobody wants to drag himself in danger. There are certain reasons and causes for which people go towards conflict. We also want peace. Peace can only be achieved by resolving Kashmir issue i.e. by giving them right of self-determination. This is what UN Resolution says and to which Nehru agreed.

Damn these "Hindustan Times" people are always publishing fake news'

The name of concerned person is Asif kumar.I wonder if any such name actually exists ,not in India atleast.

“When Arundhati Roy came to our campus, a member named Asif Kumar threw his slipper at her to protest her statement that Kashmir should be given to Pakistan. Her statement is against our national interest,”

What she said isn't a reality, how can you say this? That’s where problem starts!

Ok, let's have an open mind :azn: let's give Kashmiris the right of self-determination! :azn: Kashmir belongs to Kashmiris, let them decide their future. Let democracy prevail in its full shape! What do you say?

Everyone wants peace. Nobody wants to drag himself in danger. There are certain reasons and causes for which people go towards conflict. We also want peace. Peace can only be achieved by resolving Kashmir issue i.e. by giving them right of self-determination. This is what UN Resolution says and to which Nehru agreed.

Sir, How can you say that what she said is "reality"? There is no such thing as reality in that context because it is still undecided. "Reality" as a term can only be used for things that happened in the past, which can be proved with evidence right? I hope I am conveying my thoughts correctly. I am not talking of whether Kashmir has to be with Pakistan or India. All I am saying is, it isnt "reality". She wasnt speaking the "truth" per se. She was merely stating her opinion, which is the fundamental right of every citizen in a democracy. She has every right to say what she wants to.

:cheers:

Arundhati Roy is the only Indian who speaks her mind and isn't biased.

God Bless her. She's a peace loving Indian, a female version of Gandhi.

Arundhati Roy is a person who likes to go against the flow. She is just being Anti Establishment, and she might have just wanted to stop all the bloodshed and Give away Kashmir to Pakistan without thinking of any of the Repercussions. But I must say she is one of the Kindest people I have had the honour of meeting even though most of the time, she thinks she is in Utopia.

Sir, How can you say that what she said is "reality"? There is no such thing as reality in that context because it is still undecided. "Reality" as a term can only be used for things that happened in the past, which can be proved with evidence right? I hope I am conveying my thoughts correctly. I am not talking of whether Kashmir has to be with Pakistan or India. All I am saying is, it isnt "reality". She wasnt speaking the "truth" per se. She was merely stating her opinion, which is the fundamental right of every citizen in a democracy. She has every right to say what she wants to.

:cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh i see, you are arguing on my word :cheesy:really funny!!! :partay: Actually, we believe, This is going to be a reality very soon, Insha Allah! that's why i use this word. Afterall, truth always wins!

but i'm sure you have understood what i've written in previous post. ;) now don't try to ignore my above post ! :azn: what does your open mind say about Kashmiris' right of self determination?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh i see, you are arguing on my word :cheesy:really funny!!! :partay: Actually, we believe, This is going to be a reality very soon, Insha Allah! that's why i use this word. Afterall, truth always wins!

but i'm sure you have understood what i've written in previous post. ;) now don't try to ignore my above post ! :azn: what does your open mind say about Kashmiris' right of self determination?

Duh... yes you said, and I quote - a real face of democratic india . Actually, they don't have the courage to listen the truth. Un quote

Sir, right from my first post I am "arguing" on your usage of words like truth and reality. I am glad that I was able to convey my message.

I know that lesser mortals like me cant give a simple answer to the issue of Kashmir. I am not a master on the topic but here are my thoughts anyway. What happens if Kashmir votes for autonomy? who will conduct the plebiscite? How will it be conducted in the current situation? If the vote is for autonomy, will the fighting stop? If it votes for Pakistan, then will the accusations and fights stop? What if the votes go in favor of India? Then will it be said that everything was rigged?

I dont know the answers to the above questions for sure. Do you know for sure? nahi na?

Indians have to think what would Gandhi do about Kashmir if he was still alive today.

He was a man of non-violence.

The largest military operation in the world is going on in Kashmir today.

Would Gandhi be proud of his India today?

eae3822e531b8440d87552238aee2a4f._.jpg

LAHORE: A slipper thrown at Arundhati Roy when she visited the Delhi University on February 13 was auctioned for Rs 101,000 on Thursday, Hindustan Times reported. Asif Kumar, a member of the Youth Unity for Vibrant Action, threw his slipper at the acclaimed author in protest against her statement that “Kashmir should be given to Pakistan”, an official of the student group told the newspaper. daily times monitor

From Indian pov I can understand this. I'm sure all Pakistani's would give Asma the same if not worse treatment if she made same statement in favor of India. :coffee:

So lets not bash or judge India for a 'crime' we'd love to commit ourselves.

Duh... yes you said, and I quote - a real face of democratic india . Actually, they don't have the courage to listen the truth. Un quote

Sir, right from my first post I am "arguing" on your usage of words like truth and reality. I am glad that I was able to convey my message.

I know that lesser mortals like me cant give a simple answer to the issue of Kashmir. I am not a master on the topic but here are my thoughts anyway. What happens if Kashmir votes for autonomy? who will conduct the plebiscite? How will it be conducted in the current situation? If the vote is for autonomy, will the fighting stop? If it votes for Pakistan, then will the accusations and fights stop? What if the votes go in favor of India? Then will it be said that everything was rigged?

I dont know the answers to the above questions for sure. Do you know for sure? nahi na?

I would endorse my word again because her statement is very true and based on the truth. i don't understand, why do you have an objection on the word "truth". She said, Kashmir should be given to Pakistan and what i said "Actually, they don't have the courage to listen the truth". What is wrong with it? Though I know, you are deliberately trying to confuse it yet I would elaborate it more!

What happened last year in Kashmir had insisted her to say this. When your govt. was embarrassed and when your own intellectuals started thinking to give freedom to Kashmiris. Her statement is based on the truth because she understands india has not succeeded in suppressing the freedom movement since 1947.

The issues you have raised can be solved on the table. The most required thing is india’s will to give Kashmiris their right of self-determination. The last but not the least, india knows, Kashmiris will never ever go for india. If india is sure about it then it would have gone for referendum many years ago as it has agreed in UN. But india knows the "truth" and "reality" that's why there is need for 750,000 indian soldiers to be deployed in Kashmir.

Last edited:
Indians have to think what would Gandhi do about Kashmir if he was still alive today.

Gandhi would have conducted a hunger strike in Srinagar against violence and would have been assasinated second time by some militants. May be a LET (muslim) fundamentalist this time as against the hindu fanatic first time around.

Would Jinna Sahib be proud of his Pakistan today? I guess we both screwed up somewhere down the road. Its time to clean up the mess.

Gandhi would have conducted a hunger strike in Srinagar against violence and would have been assasinated second time by some militants. May be a LET (muslim) fundamentalist this time as against the hindu fanatic first time around.

Would Jinna Sahib be proud of his Pakistan today? I guess we both screwed up somewhere down the road. Its time to clean up the mess.

Lets keep RELIGION out of this!!

No he wouldn't be happy at all. In fact both jinnah & Gandhi must be wringing their hands in dismay on seeing whats heppening now.

" look what they have done to my song.."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom