What's new

‘Kashmir be given to Pakistan’: Slipper thrown at Arundhati Roy

s90

Reaction score
eae3822e531b8440d87552238aee2a4f._.jpg

LAHORE: A slipper thrown at Arundhati Roy when she visited the Delhi University on February 13 was auctioned for Rs 101,000 on Thursday, Hindustan Times reported. Asif Kumar, a member of the Youth Unity for Vibrant Action, threw his slipper at the acclaimed author in protest against her statement that “Kashmir should be given to Pakistan”, an official of the student group told the newspaper. daily times monitor

All the other recent "Shoe Throwers" have been taken in custody by the Police and have been put under trials for their degrading act of protest. Now the question is, what would Indians do in this case? Arrest the moron or put flowers around his/her neck?

eae3822e531b8440d87552238aee2a4f._.jpg

LAHORE: A slipper thrown at Arundhati Roy when she visited the Delhi University on February 13 was auctioned for Rs 101,000 on Thursday, Hindustan Times reported. Asif Kumar, a member of the Youth Unity for Vibrant Action, threw his slipper at the acclaimed author in protest against her statement that “Kashmir should be given to Pakistan”, an official of the student group told the newspaper. daily times monitor

Havent heard of this incident in the media, when did it happen ?

Throwing footwear appears to be catching up .. needs to be curbed.

But.. Rs 101.000 ..? Is that all they found the slipper to be worth ? Could it be the recession ?

It's not a dot , it's a comma.

Rs. 1,01,000 or 1 lakh and 1 thousand.

All the other recent "Shoe Throwers" have been taken in custody by the Police and have been put under trials for their degrading act of protest. Now the question is, what would Indians do in this case? Arrest the moron or put flowers around his/her neck?
Biggest Democracy...:rofl:

It's not a dot , it's a comma.

Rs. 1,01,000 or 1 lakh and 1 thousand.

Oh well I think Mukesh Ambani's goin to buy that when he gets bored :coffee: Who's stupid enough in India for that kinda stuff now. We spend our money in things that are more useful for us.

By the way, this news is obviously a fake... try a google search for half of the first sentence..... you'll get three results. These Pakistani sites are just trying to mask it. I'm surprised Dawn didn't post this ;)

Oh well I think Mukesh Ambani's goin to buy that when he gets bored :coffee: Who's stupid enough in India for that kinda stuff now. We spend our money in things that are more useful for us.

By the way, this news is obviously a fake... try a google search for half of the first sentence..... you'll get three results. These Pakistani sites are just trying to mask it. I'm surprised Dawn didn't post this ;)

It was ur media who reported it :P

Slipper thrown at Roy fetches Rs 1 lakh- Hindustan Times

By the way, this news is obviously a fake... try a google search for half of the first sentence..... you'll get three results. These Pakistani sites are just trying to mask it. I'm surprised Dawn didn't post this ;)[/QUOTE]

Try and do some research before posting, My suggestion :P

a real face of democratic india :sick:. Actually, they don't have the courage to listen the truth. ;)

a real face of democratic india :sick:. Actually, they don't have the courage to listen the truth. ;)

You mean to say this guy/incident represents the 'real' face of democratic India? why would you feel that way?

Off Topic: But I think this has to stop. I commented on the Pakistani teen rape thread saying I was against such stupid reporting... like, Muslim men rape Christian teen etc.

I know that both sides we have people making silly comments, but if we make a conscious effort not to "sound naive", I think we can actually get somewhere with our discussions. Just my 0.02 paisa.

Does anybody else agree with me?

You mean to say this guy/incident represents the 'real' face of democratic India? why would you feel that way?

Democracy ensures freedom of expression. It allows people to freely express their ideas, no matter, how bitter they are! What wrong Arundhati has done? For what, she is facing such humiliation by most of your media and people? All she said is a bitter reality which most of indian don't want to listen. In democracy, you may disagree with certain ideas but that doesn't mean you start throwing shoes on others.

Off Topic: But I think this has to stop. I commented on the Pakistani teen rape thread saying I was against such stupid reporting... like, Muslim men rape Christian teen etc.

I know that both sides we have people making silly comments, but if we make a conscious effort not to "sound naive", I think we can actually get somewhere with our discussions. Just my 0.02 paisa.

Does anybody else agree with me?

By the way, what is wrong with my comments? Why are you complaining about my comments? Let me remind you another incident. What happens when your minister said to make an enquiry commission on Karkare's death? People insisted him to resign. But this was his determination that he neither took his words back nor resigned.

yes, we have to stop silly comments. But you have to keep your mind open! You have to accept the reality. Nothing can be achieved by ignoring the truth.

Last edited:
Democracy ensures freedom of expression. It allows people to freely express their ideas, no matter, how bitter they are! What wrong Arundhati has done? For what, she is facing such humiliation by most of your media and people? All she said is a bitter reality which most of indian don't want to listen. In democracy, you may disagree with certain ideas but that doesn't mean you start throwing shoes on others.

Agreed - Democracy ensures freedom of expression. What I dont agree with you is when you say what she said is "bitter reality". It isnt reality, but it is her view. Right or wrong, doesnt matter because she has the full right to express her view. My point is that neither her view or that of the shoe-thrower's is not to be equated with the rest of the country's view. This is my request.

By the way, what is wrong with my comments? Why are you complaining on my comments? Let me remind you another incident. What happens when your minister said to make an enquiry commission on Karkare's death? People insisted him to resign. But this was his determination that he neither took his words back nor resigned.

yes, we have to stop silly comments. But you have to keep your mind open! You have to accept the reality. Nothing can be achieved by ignoring the truth.

I agree we have to keep our mind open. And trust me, I came here with an open mind and am willing to hear and learn, given that I dont hear heavily biased statements at the slightest provocation. This holds good for people of any country. We have to grow beyond that to atleast give a chance to our future generations to live in peace.

Back
Top Bottom