What's new

Karnataka corner!

There is no 'contemporary proof' (that is some record written in AD 52-72-but how many exist in Kerala? ) for his arrival as historians would ask for.But there is many other legends,stories and written records - like Marggamkali pattu.It is a strong possibility given Kerala's relations with West Asia & there is no other hypothesis to explain origin of Syrian Christian in Kerala'.

'Christian' Thiruvellur story is a myth.Tamil Christians are mostly 16 th century converts who aren't related to st.thomas,and they want to market 'tomb of st.thomas at mylapur'.The christian communities founded by st.thomas was in Kerala.

@Hermione

European misappropriation of Sanskrit led to the Aryan race theory – Rajiv Malhotra | Acta Indica » The St Thomas In India History Swindle

There is no 'contemporary proof' (that is some record written in AD 52-72-but how many exist in Kerala? ) for his arrival as historians would ask for.But there is many other legends,stories and written records - like Marggamkali pattu.It is a strong possibility given Kerala's relations with West Asia & there is no other hypothesis to explain origin of Syrian Christian in Kerala'.

'Christian' Thiruvellur story is a myth.Tamil Christians are mostly 16 th century converts who aren't related to st.thomas,and they want to market 'tomb of st.thomas at mylapur'.The christian communities founded by st.thomas was in Kerala.

@Hermione

WHO ARE THE ‘ST. THOMAS CHRISTIANS’ OF INDIA?
Thomas of Cana or Knai Thoma led the first group of 72 Syrian Christian families to India in AD 345. There is no record of Christian communities in India prior to this date. Thomas of Cana and his companion Bishop Joseph of Edessa also brought with them the tradition of St. Thomas the Apostle of the East. Later, Christian communities in Kerala would identify Knai Thoma with Mar Thoma - Thomas of Cana with Thomas the Apostle - and claim St. Thomas had arrived in Kerala in AD 52 and established the first Christian church at Musiris - ancient port near present day Kodungallur - the main trading port of the time.

The Rev. Dr. G. Milne Rae of the Madras Christian College, in The Syrian Church in India, did not allow that St. Thomas came further east than Afghanistan. He told the Syrian Christians that they reasoned fallaciously about their identity and wove a fictitious story of their origin. Their claim that they were called "St. Thomas" Christians from the 1st century was also false.

Syrian Christians were called Nasranis (from Nazarean) or Nestorians (by Europeans) up to the 14th century. Bishop Giovanni dei Marignolli the Franciscan papal legate in Quilon invented the appellation "St. Thomas Christians" in 1348 to distinguish his Syrian Christian converts from the low-caste Hindu converts in his congregation. - IS

• SAN TOMASSO CATHEDRAL BASILICA, ORTONA, ITALY
  • THE REAL TOMB OF SAINT THOMAS AT ORTONA, ITALY

University has opened. Was catching up with my uni friends who are scattered across the land of Third Earth.

The fellowship survives.

Oye tharki Mallu, where have you been ?

i thought u've been thrown behind the bars for chasing some sheeps in wellington ? :wave:

:D

Yeah right, I crack open my books for assignments, tests and exams that's it.

I am not willing to bear the shiksha of shiksha.

Missed these puns. Glad you're back. :happy:

to or kya karoon, sala har chutiya bakchodi karta hai yahan or safe rehta hai acche posters ban ho jate hain :(

Agar yeh sach me international forum hai, toh ek-do Indian mods bhi chahiye. :agree: The double-standards are sometimes atrocious.

Missed these puns. Glad you're back. :happy:

Agar yeh sach me international forum hai, toh ek-do Indian mods bhi chahiye. :agree: The double-standards are sometimes atrocious.

I thought it was par for the course in a Pakistani website. So I don't take it to heart.

I was a bit worried ever since I showed my real face here.

No one needs to see a black ugly dravidian! :D

Glad I stayed away though! Not drum my own ego up, I am only one of the few reamining sophisticates here.

@scorpionx @levina

:wave: Hi guys.

Attachments

• planters_peanut_monacle_tophat_emoticon_smiley_printed_vinyl_sticker_decal_grafixpressions_grfxp.jpg
    planters_peanut_monacle_tophat_emoticon_smiley_printed_vinyl_sticker_decal_grafixpressions_grfxp.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 15
Not gonna happen :coffee:

I know...Krait was our brightest hope, our White Knight. And he too is not regular now.

But tell you what, venting our anger on silly posts and getting banned will only weaken our community even further.

I thought it was par for the course in a Pakistani website. So I don't take it to heart.

I was a bit worried ever since I showed my real face here.

No one needs to see a black ugly dravidian! :D

@scorpionx @levina

:wave: Hi guys.

Whom are you talking about?o_O The pic you showed had a Badass Stone-cold Dravidian in it.:D

Back
Top Bottom