What's new

Kargil war hero's father knocks on UN's door for justice

Condemn-able action (if true). But lets be fair here, as bad as this is (again if true), Muslims who were citizens of a secular state were murdered/ raped en masse in heart of Gujrat, perpetrators were provided logistic support by sitting Government and went scot-free. The instigator is now touted to become the next PM. Media is showering Modi with high accolades on his administrative acumen (where that acumen went while riots were on?). Worse it justifies the whole bloody ordeal by linking it to that train incident thus justifying collective punishment.

Whats far worse is the Indian community (which is active on e-world atleast) where most are boosting about the fact 'seedha kar dia muslon ko' etc even the most open minded Indians dance around the issue without condemning it by lame philosophical arguments like this had to happen, society was under too much pressure even to the extent that Gujrat incident was good now that the 'steam' is out of pressure cooker every one is nice and easy (and these are the educated ones!).

After all this you want us to condemn the incident of soldiers being killed in battlefield with no strings attached? I condemn the torture on principle but you people should not be so hypocritical when it comes to your turf.

Ok mate . Lemme see whre U are coming from , U r coming from religious angle.
I wont go into the detail of persecutions of Minorities and even Ur own muslim countrymen in Pakistan. Although I can write a longer post then U did on persecutions ,if it comes to that)

So does that mean we missed the opportunity to do the same to your soldiers?? (90,000 of them??? in fact NOT 1 of tham was shot at etc after surrendering ,they were treated with a soldiers dignity and given proper food and Med - Aid and then sent back) . None of your fallen soldier in Kargil had to go thru this after they were caught or shot at... so why this??? Only because Saurabh was a Hindu from a Jat regiment along with his captured colleagues and Pakistani army is the thekedar of all the atrocities on Muslims?
Some posts from Pak members rattled a lot of us here.

Ok mate . Lemme see whre U are coming from , U r coming from religious angle.
I wont go into the detail of persecutions of Minorities and even Ur own muslim countrymen in Pakistan. Although I can write a longer post then U did on persecutions ,if it comes to that)

So does that mean we missed the opportunity to do the same to your soldiers?? (90,000 of them??? in fact NOT 1 of tham was shot at etc after surrendering ,they were treated with a soldiers dignity and given proper food and Med - Aid and then sent back) . None of your fallen soldier in Kargil had to go thru this after they were caught or shot at... so why this??? Only because Saurabh was a Hindu from a Jat regiment along with his captured colleagues and Pakistani army is the thekedar of all the atrocities on Muslims?
Some posts from Pak members rattled a lot of us here.

Nothing to offend you.

all we are saying that Pakistan did NOT torture the Indian soldier.

You are blaming us without any proof.

If India feels its claim is right you can go to UN officially on behalf of Indian Govt.

It is very much possible that Indian Army torture his body to blame Pakistan.

Nice try funny boy, but Kashmir is disputed territory, not Sindh province of Pakistan. stop listening to your biased meda, and go do independent research.

Yeah, so is Indian Gujrat. Stop opening threads (my this statement is directed at a few members here). Stop talking abt Gujrat.

Nothing to offend you.

If India feels its claim is right you can go to UN officially on behalf of Indian Govt.

Jana , how MANY proofs does Pak Govt wants ,on Kargil , 26/11 and now this and many other cases? Everything that comes from your side are Hard Facts, but anything that comes from us are , Conspiracy theories? Did U ever thought abt that ?
OR in other words U r saying Indian Army did this to their soldiers and now blaming PA?

But yes....i understand a father's sentiments towards a dead son.
If torture was committed,it was wrong.
Although geneva convention didnt apply here and no point in going to the UN.
In this case if GOP offers financial compensation and an apology. I will support the move.
But thats a perfect world scenario and highly unlikely.

I am surprised to see RazPak thanking your post. I thought he has no heart. I agree that a simple apology should be accepted because it can open up other kind of litigation to and fro.

how MANY proofs does Pak Govt wants ,on Kargil , 26/11 and now this and many other cases? Everything that comes from your side are Hard Facts, but anything that comes from us are , Conspiracy theories? Did U ever thought abt that ?

NOT a single word in your above statement respond to what i said.

GoI should go to UN for this case and test it "proofs" if you have any.
OR in other words U r saying Indian Army did this to their soldiers and now blaming PA?

YES i am

NOT a single word in your above statement respond to what i said.

GoI should go to UN for this case and test it "proofs" if you have any.

YES i am

If U read in between the lines without your tainted pro-pakistan glasses U will easily able to see what i m saying!!

Again I diont think U read the article and just posting for the sake of , ITS NOT GoI , its the Slain Soldiers Father who is going to UN!!

I know Ur ., bahut purani pehchaan hai tumhari posts se!! But IA is a professional army.. unlike others.. (Now pls quickly post a thread with the atrocities IA did in Congo and such , I `ll be waiting!!)

If U read in between the lines without your tainted pro-pakistan glasses U will easily able to see what i m saying!!

Again I diont think U read the article and just posting for the sake of , ITS NOT GoI , its the Slain Soldiers Father who is going to UN!!

I think you did NOT follow the entire episod. Let me refresh it FYI

1. India woke up after so many years of Kargil and one fine morning find the soldier's body has "torture" marks.

2. The family of the dead soldier asked GoI for approcahing UN

3. The Govt of India refused to do so saying it has no beef to prove the allegation.

4. at last the father of the soldier decided to go to UN.

thats how GoI comes into this equation.

I know Ur ., bahut purani pehchaan hai tumhari posts se!! But IA is a professional army.. unlike others.. (Now pls quickly post a thread with the atrocities IA did in Congo and such , I `ll be waiting!!)

i DONT want to disrespect your dead soldier otherwise i would have posted a BIG laugh to what you wrote above.

as far as your congo refference it means you do accept you had attrpcities by IA in congo.

and as far as IA professionalism is concerned we know how your high ranking Indian Army officers stage tomatto catchup drama to get bravry awards;

moan band hee rakho to acha ha

Nothing to offend you.

Get this right... Indian Army is not seeking justice but a father of a fallen soldier. Nobody would have envisaged that he would go all the way to UN for justice. It shows that he is determined to prove his case. Kargil happened in 1999 and he is still fighting after 13 years. You don't know the facts of the case and spewing your hate for an Indian soldier. What it was other way around?? Would you not wish him luck and show sympathy. At least have decency to say that their should be an inquiry to reveal the real facts of the case. At least if you supported this case it would lend more support for your sympathy for Kashmir cause. It would show that you are against injustice whether it happens from our side or your side.

Get this right... Indian Army is not seeking justice but a father of a fallen soldier. Nobody would have envisaged that he would go all the way to UN for justice. It shows that he is determined to prove his case. Kargil happened in 1999 and he is still fighting after 13 years. You don't know the facts of the case and spewing your hate for an Indian soldier. What it was other way around?? Would you not wish him luck and show sympathy. At least have decency to say that their should be an inquiry to reveal the real facts of the case. At least if you supported this case it would lend more support for your sympathy for Kashmir cause. It would show that you are against injustice whether it happens from our side or your side.

1. read the forum, i already supported finding facts.

2. as far as spewing venom well you Indians are doing it NOT us.

3. As far as showing respect to the Indian soldier well i did Now its your turn to show some respect by asking your govt to look into the matter.

Musharaf did the whole episode.I wish to bring this bastard in india and do same as they did with our soldier.But we invite him in our country for speeches.

Such a shameless we are n our govt.

I think you did NOT follow the entire episod. Let me refresh it FYI

1. India woke up after so many years of Kargil and one fine morning find the soldier's body has "torture" marks.
2. The family of the dead soldier asked GoI for approcahing UN
3. The Govt of India refused to do so saying it has no beef to prove the allegation.
4. at last the father of the soldier decided to go to UN.

thats how GoI comes into this equation.

Dr. Khalia has been fighting for justice since he received the body. He approached the Army, all the defense ministers and others to no avail. He then approached the SC for justice. Here is the chronology for your information.

Saga of a father’s fight

* May 15, 1999 | Captain Saurav Kalia and his men captured by Pakistani troops near Bajrang post.

* June 9, 1999 | Mutilated body of Captain Kalia and his men handed over to India by Pakistan Army.

* The then Prime Minister, defence minister and minister for external affairs promised to take up the issue for action against culprits.

* October 1999 | The then Army chief Gen VP Malik visited Captain Kalia’s home and promised to take up the issue with the government. (He was later advised by the Army that it was a sensitive issue involving two nations and could only be taken up by MEA, PMO or MoD.

* 1999 | After the war, Dr Kalia wrote to the Prime Minister of Pakistan through its high commission in Delhi but there was no response.

* November 17, 1999 | He moved an RTI seeking information from Army authorities about the Army’s action on the issue. The application was referred to MEA and MoD on November 24 but did not elicit any response.

* April 17, 2000 | PMO writes to joint secretary rank officer dealing with UN issues in the MEA but to no avail.

* 2001 Agra-summit | He sought 10 minutes audience with the then Pakistan President, General Parvez Mussharaf but it was not permitted.

* Approached MEA to take up the issue with Pakistan but no initiative was taken.

* Approached National Human Rights Commission, received information that commission is not competent to act on such issues.

* 2010 | Approached the principal bench of military tribunal, which expressed helplessness, citing jurisdiction issue. Directed that government of India should take up the issue with Pakistan. No action on this so far.

* 2011 | One UK-based activist Jasbir Uppal of an international NGO on human rights tried to take up the issue with the UN but it could not be considered on technical grounds.

November 2012 | Dr Kalia moves petition before the Supreme Court of India for specific directions to the government to take up his case before ICJ.

http://http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/contentions/entry/kargil-s-hero-s-father-fights-a-lone-battle-against-own-government

Thnak you @my2cents -
Now Jana U write some sort of Blog. Why dont U post the chronology in the Blog and see the reaction of the people who subscribe to ur blog?.
But when it comes to Def.pk.. everyone tries to be a Hard-man/woman.

Justice wil be served to Capt Saurabh Kalia. I hope its not Tit for Tat it might be just a matter of time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Musharaf did the whole episode.I wish to bring this bastard in india and do same as they did with our soldier.But we invite him in our country for speeches.

Such a shameless we are n our govt.

So where were you when he was in India?

A note on prevention from hypertension, I advise not to make such wishes which are not in one's reach.

Pakistanis will decide Musharaf's fate, awaiting his return.

Thnak you @my2cents -
Now Jana U write some sort of Blog. Why dont U post the chronology in the Blog and see the reaction of the people who subscribe to ur blog?.
But when it comes to Def.pk.. everyone tries to be a Hard-man/woman.

Justice wil be served to Capt Saurabh Kalia. I hope its not Tit for Tat it might be just a matter of time!!

I don't know if jUstice will be served...because we are dealing with Pakistan. At least Dr. Kalia should take comfort in the fact that we won in Kargil and his son played a very important part in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom