What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

ice_man

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: At least twelve more people have been gunned down and several others injured within few hours after midnight in the metropolis, Geo News reported Thursday.

The death toll in the fresh spate of targeted killings has climbed to 42 including a five-year-old child within three days while situation in Baldia Town is still tense.

According to police, three people were shot dead near Makki Masjid and Zoo in Garden area. Two more were killed in Gulistan-e-Johar when unidentified armed men open fire at a taxi in Mosmiat area.

In another incident unidentified armed men killed a person in Baldia town.

Yet in another incident, three men were gunned down near Perfume Chowk in Gulistan-e-Johar.

A man was shot dead and seven injured in Sarjani town while unidentified armed men injured two in Shah Faisal colony and Nazimabad.

A security official said several neighbourhoods were still tense and sounds of intermittent gunfire could still be heard.

Local residents complained they were virtually confined to their homes because of indiscriminate firing.

"Many people here had run out of their food stocks. There is no milk for children and no chance of patients being shifted to hospitals for treatment," said Mohammad Asghar, a schoolteacher in the Orangi area.

"We are left at the mercy of trigger-happy scoundrels and the security forces are conspicuous by their absence," he added.

Karachi death toll reaches 42 in 3 days

the news on the street is this "PATHANS are killing each other and creating unrest in the city by blaming MQM" they also kill some MQM karkuuns because they want MQM to hit back and then blame them but MQM is controlling its temper because Bhai said to keep peace!:coffee:

:shout: if i am lying ask anyone who lives in karachi to deny these claims!!!!!!!!!!

the news on the street is this "PATHANS are killing each other and creating unrest in the city by blaming MQM" they also kill some MQM karkuuns because they want MQM to hit back and then blame them but MQM is controlling its temper because Bhai said to keep peace!:coffee:

:shout: if i am lying ask anyone who lives in karachi to deny these claims!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Sir MQM is the major party who is killing the people they are the most brutal party Pakistan has ever see they have killed thousands of innocents people in Karachi and is still doing so don't blame pathan MQM is the main force in Karachi and Altaf the firon of today is keeping cool GOOD JOKE

Sorry Sir MQM is the major party who is killing the people they are the most brutal party Pakistan has ever see they have killed thousands of innocents people in Karachi and is still doing so don't blame pathan MQM is the main force in Karachi and Altaf the firon of today is keeping cool GOOD JOKE

You are sitting in Multan, how do you know different from somebody who is in Karachi?

Get a Life .....

its a Gift from PPP

Its MQM who is doing it. I have already warned the Army about the news I got. Wait for more. I have got proof about MQM doing it, which I have tried to send to the Forces. Believe me or not.

Karachi should be divided into smaller administrative areas, & governed more effectively. Right now, Karachi is not being governed properly, it is an extremely large city with over 20 million people from all ethnic backgrounds. It could also follow the "capital territory" model that Islamabad has, to focus the resources exclusively on it, rather than depending on the inept Sind provincial government for its governance. The problem is not related to terrorism, but gang violence & ethnic conflict.

Karachi should be divided into smaller administrative areas, & governed more effectively. Right now, Karachi is not being governed properly, it is an extremely large city with over 20 million people from all ethnic backgrounds. It can also follow the "capital territory" model that Islamabad has, to focus the resources exclusively on it, rather than depending on the inept Sind provincial government for its governance. The problem is not related to terrorism, but gang violence.

now this is a smart idea sir!!! first of its kind divide karachi into small different adminstritive areas so fight gets "localised"

A security official said several neighbourhoods were still tense and sounds of intermittent gunfire could still be heard.

Local residents complained they were virtually confined to their homes because of indiscriminate firing.

"Many people here had run out of their food stocks. There is no milk for children and no chance of patients being shifted to hospitals for treatment," said Mohammad Asghar, a schoolteacher in the Orangi area.

intermittent gunfire? is a battlefield being described?

is there a curfew in place? if not then why cant these residents go and buy what they need.

As much as ANP likes to paint a picture of victimization in Karachi It simply is not true - ANP is hell bent on making karachi another Peshawar by making several no go areas.I have no idea why these people are so backward in general.

now this is a smart idea sir!!! first of its kind divide karachi into small different adminstritive areas so fight gets "localised"

If Karachi is not divided into smaller administrative areas, it must be given its "capital territory" status that Islamabad has, for better governance. It is simply not practical to depend on the meager resources provided by the inept Sind provincial government to govern an important city like Karachi.

shows where you are coming from !! :p

anyways the truth is ANP, MQM, PPPP are armed to teeth, and have been involved in armed conflict......

Back
Top Bottom