What's new

Karachi Violence .. Updates & Discussion ..

I am not supporting any single person who was freed by NRO but why single out MQM here ... at this point of discussion you ask such a question ... ah well. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MQM and their viciousness. Remember, I am claiming that they are worst b***ards on earth while you claim that they are angels who have descended from heavens?
I agree with you bro .. unfortunately, this is the same conclusion I can reach after debating this 'so-called' banker .. and in return they don't give any evidence of the innocence of their masters .. shame on them ..

I too have reached a conclusion, that you will never accept any argument. No torture is conducted on video hence there can never be any video evidence. Even Zardari/Gilani/Nawaz Sharif etc. claimed torture in prison but since it cannot be proved, you will not accept it. Brother, you are very fortunate to not have faced the cruelties of agencies, you are very fortunate. Anyway you have basically demanded proof of torture by our agencies and well.....if you need proof of that then there is indeed no point in arguing. Besides my whole argument, as far as confessions are concerned, is based on torture and blackmail which you do not accept.

At times I feel frustrated because I know that I cannot give you the true version. I have agreed to the criminal activities committed by MQM and have given my reasons while at the same time I have rejected many allegations and tried to prove them otherwise yet you want proof. Even Brigadier Imtiaz, the then ISI chief, was trustworthy and honest when he conducted a severe operation in Karachi on the pretext of 'Jinnahpur' but the same man is a liar today because today he tells you that all of the past on jinnahpur was a drama against MQM!

Bhai, if MQM was indeed as bad as you have put it, none of you would be living in Karachi right now. Most of you probably have never set your foot here anyway. And the fact that you don't want to meet me is proof that you are not here otherwise there is no hitch in meeting me. And lastly, I did not really post anything offending to you but you did by asking me if I was laid off and later by calling me a banker. Neither is true as though I am in SBP building at the moment I am not employed by the SBP, I am a Govt. employee working at an intelligence unit. And you are welcome to come visit my office anytime!

outside intervention is required to stop countless internal violence in pakistan...pakistani troops are incapable of handling such situation...they should better shoot innocent teenagers over robbery and hand-over pakistan to American troops :)

Oh man, what is your matter?

Are you really this much ignorant and foolish in real life as well?

For your information, Pakistan Army/troops are not in Karachi at the moment. Rangers are in select areas making search raids in cooperation with police. The Police has the lead. Stop making idiotic posts.

outside intervention is required to stop countless internal violence in pakistan...pakistani troops are incapable of handling such situation...they should better shoot innocent teenagers over robbery and hand-over pakistan to American troops :)

Do you think our Military is some untrained militia or mercenary unit? We have one of the finest military in the world. All the evils that exist here do so because of our politicians. We are plagued and cursed with selfish, unfaithful and disloyal politicians.

10-2-2011_156861_1.gif

That is dangerous.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

How is the situation in Karachi now? I think & hope violence is over.

Karachi is much peaceful now days ... lets hope it will be same in future

Police, rangers surround Katti Pahari over Taliban presence

sendbinary.aspx

KARACHI: Police and rangers have surrounded Katti Pahari locality of Orangi Town over presence of suspected Taliban commanders, reports SAMAA.

The area was surrounded after police received information that a key Taliban commander was present in a mosque along with his armed guards.

On this, heavy contingent of police besieged the area. But unknown gunmen fired shots at the police team.

Later, rangers were also called to the area

Two dead bodies found in Karachi

Two dead bodies were found from Napier Road and Sarjani Town here in Karachi on Friday, police said.
According to the details, the victims were tortured to death. Their identities could not be determined yet. Another young man was incidentally killed in a firing incident in Samanabad. He was identified as Zaheer.
On the other hand, Rangers continued their search operation in different parts of the metropolis, arresting more than 20 suspects. Rangers said the suspects are activists of political and religious parties.

Two dead bodies found in Karachi | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

HRCP blames political parties for Karachi unrest

KARACHI: The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) has put the blame on all major political parties of Karachi for people’s bloodshed.

In a report issued today (Saturday), the HRCP said the state has badly failed to protect the people’s rights to live.

It said all main political parties of Karachi kept hurling allegations against each other to instigate violence in the country’s commercial capital.

The report said that a hefty sum of Rs. 1 billion is extorted from Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on daily basis.

It further said that national politics and economy could not afford unrest in Karachi for too long.

Although targeted operation conducted by Rangers is improving the situation, it is not a permanent solution

4 killed in Karachi violence, 3 target killers arrested

At least four people were killed in separate incidents of violence while 39 suspects including three target killers were apprehended during joint search operation by police and Rangers in different parts of the city on Monday in the last 24 hours.
Police said that a rickshaw driver, Muhammad Aftab, was found dead near Hussain Chowk, who was killed by unknown miscreants. The rickshaw driver was kidnapped and then his body was dumped in the said area which was shifted by police to hospital for autopsy.
A transporter Ghulam Ali was shot dead in Site B area by armed men. He was rushed to hospital by the locals but he succumbed to injuries on the way to hospital.
Meanwhile, a clash between two rival armed groups was reported from Jahangir road area. Intermittent firing between the two groups claimed two lives. Cause of the incident was not disclosed by police.
During action of the law enforcement agencies against the criminals in the mega city, Rangers claimed to have arrested three target killers identified as Aslam Ajwa, Fahad Iqbal alias Pathan and Amar Barham. The three target killers were arrested during Rangers’ raid in Lyari, Chakiwara and Karadar areas of the city.
Initial interrogation of the Rangers reveals that Fahad Iqbal alias Pathan, is said to be brother of Faisal Pathan, the main character of Lyari gang war.
“Arms including a Kalashnikov, 3 TT pistols, NMM rifle, sword, dagger, live bullets and 25 kilograms narcotics were recovered from Pathan’s possession,” Rangers claimed.
In another operation in North Nazimabad and Sharafi Got areas, police arrested six absconders and recovered arms, two stolen cars, and narcotics. The detainees were wanted to police in various heinous crimes, police said.

4 killed in Karachi violence, 3 target killers arrested | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

10-11-2011_157530_1.gif

Sindh Government bans People's Amn Committee

KARACHI: The Sindh Home ministry has issued an official notification banning the People’s Amn Committee (PAC) from conducting any political activities, Express 24/7 reported.
The PAC, which had already closed its offices back in March before Zulfiqar Mirza vowed to revive the committee on Sunday.
(Read: One more diatribe: Mirza lashes out at PPP-MQM coalition)
According to the notification, the PAC had been declared a defunct organisation and its members barred from conducting any political activities under its banner as per section 11-B of the Anti Terrorism Act.
Express 24/7 correspondent Ahmed Jung reported that the Uzair Baloch led PAC had already been disbanded by President Asif Ali Zardari in March following a string of deadly clashes. Though it was unclear to what end would the new ban serve given the presidential order several months ago.
Jung further said that the Lyari based PAC maintained members who carried and displayed weapons, a violation of section 144 in effect in Lyari.
(Read: Welcome to the jungle)
Earlier in the day, Speaker Sindh Assembly, Nisar Khurro had accepted Zulfiqar Mirza’s resignation as a member of the Sindh Assembly, relinquishing his elected seat of MPA.
(Read: Zulfiqar Mirza’s resignation accepted: Khuhro)
Members of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement too had called for the house arrest of Mirza under the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) to preserve peace in Karachi.
(Read: Waseem Akhtar calls for Mirza’s house arrest under MPO)

Waseem Akhtar calls for Mirza's house arrest under MPO

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Member National Assembly (MNA) Waseem Akhtar demanded to put former Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza under house-arrest on Monday.
Akhtar asserted that Mirza should be put under house-arrest under Article 16 of Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) adding that Mirza wants to disrupt peace in Karachi with the help of bandits.
He also requested President Zardari to resolve issues between Mirza and Rehman Malik.
Meanwhile MQM chief Altaf Hussain appealed in a statement to his party workers to remain calm and peaceful despite Mirza’s heated statements.
Earlier on Sunday after a trip from overseas, Mirza launched into a diatribe against the MQM, just three days after it formally rejoined the ruling coalition led by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).
He addressed a press conference at the Peoples Stadium in Lyari lashing out against MQM chief Altaf Hussain and calling the PPP-MQM coalition a conspiracy to break up the country.
Mirza blamed the MQM for several crimes in Karachi including murder, extortion, robbery and even rape. He claimed that he would ‘expose’ the MQM taking ‘evidence’ he has against the party and its chief to courts in the United Kingdom.

10-11-2011_157538_1.gif

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

10-10-2011_157521_1.gif

6, including 4 target killers, nabbed in raids:

KARACHI: The law enforcement agencies (LEAs) claimed to have arrested six suspects, including four target killers from different areas of the metropolis on Thursday. A notorious criminal and a worker of one of the politico-religious parties, Aqeel alias Tapla was arrested after a brief encounter near Health Care Hospital in the precincts of North Nazimabad police station.

Police said Aqeel, booked in the murder of some 20 persons, confessed to have killed seven, including five workers of the defunct Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan and two Pushtoons. The suspect, a resident of Godhra, informed the investigators that he committed crimes along with his six accomplices namely Altaf, Hasham, Abdul Latif, Shahab, Rizwan and Iqbal alias Papita. They said accused Altaf, accompanied Aqeel Thursday, but managed to flee before arrival of LEAs. Authorities also claimed to have arrested a target killer Raheel during a raid at Nayabad, Lyari and recovered weapons from his possession. They said the accused person was nominated in the murder of seven persons, including one Nasir Patni.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom