What's new

Karachi student flings shoe at American journalist

Evil Flare

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan opened its account in "shoe-gaming" with a Karachi student flinging his shoe at a US journalist.

The shoe was flung at Clifford D May, a US journalist visiting Karachi University on Thursday, local media reported.

May, who is a Republican and was said to be an active member of the party during George W Bush's administration, was speaking at the Department of International Relations on 'Pakistan's Role in Countering the Challenge of Terrorism' when a student got into action.

Though the shoe was way off the mark, May was whisked away by his security staff.

:yahoo:

has any one got more details on it why this dude throw a show .. is it some thing May said or is it typical his/hers anti american sentiments ?

So far my favorite remains the previous one where Turkish student hurled shoe at IMF official.

So far my favorite remains the previous one where Turkish student hurled shoe at IMF official.

did the turk managed to hit him ... my fav was the iraki fella .. he was way too good i wish if it wud have hit bush right on the face lol

Well done dude. Your fellow Pakistanis are proud of you.
waiting for the day when youths like these take charge of the country so we can throw shoes at US ambassador and boot her out for having the audacity to suggest to us to look at the broader picture.:pakistan:

I would loved to see a shoe hit anne peterson and tht no good idiot who says DO MORE :mps:

Immature action.

More obviously for publicity than for relevance.

Immature action.

More obviously for publicity than for relevance.

As long as it doesn't injure the receiver, its freedom of expression. Chitambrum is one lucky guy who received from a Senior Sikh journalist. Was Indian journalist an immature too? I guess not.

As long as it doesn't injure the receiver, its freedom of expression. Chitambrum is one lucky guy who received from a Senior Sikh journalist. Was Indian journalist an immature too? I guess not.

Of course he was. .. and he has not been celebrated either.

The advantage education give us is to be able to discern. Why would anyone consider Chitambram to be lucky.. unless the considerer would like to join his league..( but for that you would have to worth throwing a shoe at !!).

I have not seen any anti Pakistani Journalism from him but i would love to throw shoe's at the New York Times journalists.

KARACHI, Pakistan—Another frustrated but conscientious youth tried to hit an American with shoe. Luckily or unluckily, the shoe hurled at Clifford D. May , the President of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a conservative think tank chalking out policy plans for the US administration regarding the so-called war on terror, missed the target. According the news published today “A Karachi University (KU) student on Thursday threw a shoe at a visiting American journalist, Clifford May, who was to deliver a lecture at the university. Clifford escaped the attack when a student, Muhammad Hussain, from the Imamia Students Organization (ISO), hurled the shoe at him. The incident occurred during the question-answer session of Mr. Clifford's lecture on “Pakistan’s Role in Countering Terrorism” at the Department of International Relations at the university.

The Nation reports that the lecture was organized without the permission of the university administration and most of the concerned staffers of the said department had expressed their disaaproval and did not participate in the lecture in protest.

Another largely circulated English daily The News reports that the incident is “the first of its kind in Pakistan”.

Journalist May who is a Republican and was said to be an active member of the party during George W. Bush’s administration, was speaking at the Department of International Relations (IR) on the topic ‘Pakistan’s Role in Countering the Challenge of Terrorism’ when a student of the department threw a shoe on the journalist.

Talking to Aaj news channel Muhammad Hussain told, “He just couldn’t control when the journalist humiliated Pakistanis. “It was the attitude of American Scholar which compel me to hurl shoe at him” Muhammad Hussain told the media and said that when the scholar called Muslims extremist and opted for a humiliating attitude when the students started asking questions regarding Iran.

The Thrower:

9909750a8f19f69216149a40866628ce.jpg

The Target:

49d7498807757d73bda118e32c36073a.jpg

Who is Clifford?

Clifford D. May is the President of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a policy institute focusing on terrorism created immediately following the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

He is also the Chairman of the Policy Committee of the Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), an international, non-partisan organization based in Washington D.C. comprised of leading members of the national security community. In 2008, The Daily Telegraph (U.K) named May one the “100 most influential conservatives in America.” That’s means he is responsible for what the American have done with Muslims and Muslim world for the last 10 years.

In 2006 he was appointed an advisor to the Iraq Study Group (Baker-Hamilton Commission) of the United States Institute of Peace, an independent nonpartisan national institution established and funded by Congress. [No need to tell what American did in Iraq]

I am sorry but this was absolutely disgusting, the American journalist is an academic and he was giving a lecture. Thats not how you treat academics, i must say as a Pakistani i am extremely ashamed of what my fellow countrymen did.

Idiots all these fake shoe throwers are.

I wonder why these idiots copycat

Idiots all these fake shoe throwers are.

I wonder why these idiots copycat

He should have used something more accurate & better then a shoe. Should have started a new trend ;)

Back
Top Bottom