What's new

Karachi Stock Exchange at all time high - index nears 30,000

is it necessary for one to be in karachi or within the stock exchange?

or is it through internet or something remote?
Nops, you need to find the nearest broker holding a membership in KSE. I usually do it through internet.

Don't invest right now trust me... When the market rises so quickly, it usually falls at the similar speed. KSE is likely to remain volatile for a couple of months in my opinion

It is only safe for bigger investors to invest in KSE right now... You go for stable stock exchanges such as London Stock Exchange, wait until the KSE 100 index is stabilised before you throw your money in.
Not all the shares respond to market bullishness. Some stocks remains within a band. All you need to know is when is the right time to buy them. And they do come in buying range despite market rallying. Information, Monitoring and Ability to examine the books of corporations is the key to success.

Not all the shares respond to market bullishness. Some stocks remains within a band. All you need to know is when is the right time to buy them. And they do come in buying range despite market rallying. Information, Monitoring and Ability to examine the books of corporations is the key to success.
Of course thats how it is, imagine yesterday the overall market trend was bullish when it closed at 29737 points with 0.66% rise despite the fact only 164 stocks were bullish in comparison to 191 bearish. So the overall trend of the Stock Exchange does not necessarily translate into the shares you have bought. It just gives you the general impression of the overall trend.

Of course thats how it is, imagine yesterday the overall market trend was bullish when it closed at 29737 points with 0.66% rise despite the fact only 164 stocks were bullish in comparison to 191 bearish. So the overall trend of the Stock Exchange does not necessarily translate into the shares you have bought. It just gives you the general impression of the overall trend.
Actually the index is capitalization based. A big move in single OGDC can move the overall index in upward direction. So there is always money to be made in the market...

Actually the index is capitalization based. A big move in single OGDC can move the overall index in upward direction. So there is always money to be made in the market...
I am trading in Stocks since 2008, never took a risk by investing in KSE. I did take an interest investing in KSE couple of years ago but the procedure is not as straight forward as it is for other nations. I think I would advise anybody to invest in KSE if the index is below 22,000 at this stage, only big traders with enough equity should play a gamble in KSE. It's sky rocketing, KSE has posted about 100% growth since last 21 months from below 15,000 points to 30,000 points. That's unnatural in my opinion and puts the market even on higher risk.

I bet power and oil will be good money makers before the budget.

I am trading in Stocks since 2008, never took a risk by investing in KSE. I did take an interest investing in KSE couple of years ago but the procedure is not as straight forward as it is for other nations. I think I would advise anybody to invest in KSE if the index is below 22,000 at this stage, only big traders with enough equity should play a gamble in KSE. It's sky rocketing, KSE has posted about 100% growth since last 21 months from below 15,000 points to 30,000 points. That's unnatural in my opinion and puts the market even on higher risk.
@hasnain0099 @farhan_9909

See what I said yesterday

One news, Altaf Hussain has been arrested crashed the whole market. Lost 800 points in just few hours. This is unnatural as much as the highly inflated 30,000 points figure is. It is good to see the rise of Stock Market but when it rises unexpectedly the chances of risk becomes higher. If similar thing had happened in UK, you may have witnessed loss of 250-300 points maximum.

I think if the situation in Karachi is deteriorated the market may easily lose 3000-4000 points.

One news, Altaf Hussain has been arrested crashed the whole market. Lost 800 points in just few hours. This is unnatural as much as the highly inflated 30,000 points figure is. It is good to see the rise of Stock Market but when it rises unexpectedly the chances of risk becomes higher. If similar thing had happened in UK, you may have witnessed loss of 250-300 points maximum.

I think if the situation in Karachi is deteriorated the market may easily lose 3000-4000 points.

Damn,i thought this time it will cross 30k mark

If he was not arrested today, the budget was presented, we may have witnessed well above 30,000 points depending upon the budget outcome. But now the situation is different, the top most news right now is Altaf Hussain's arrest and the budget is secondary.

The stock market retraced and the market fell only 284 points recovering from 780 points initially. It could be due to less than expected tension in the city as initially anticipated. MQM denying the arrest and the positive atmosphere of the budget etc...

But overall it is likely to remain bearish if MQM's leader arrest is confirmed and the budget was not considered friendly.

Any predictions on what the new budget is likely to be like?

Not in a few hours but for 5 minutes. In the space of 10 minutes KSE dropped from 200+ to 762- and recovered back to -450.

I put 35K in extra just to by MCB 13 Rupees lower than its day start :bunny:
Just like they say, it goes up you can make money, it goes down, you can make money again. :)

Back
Top Bottom