What's new

Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works gets further funding for equipment, modernisation

I don't want to get off the subject but I have a question for you.I wonder about the latest situation of the fleet replenishment ship which is under construction at the Karachi shipyard.AFAIK it is not launched yet.I checked google earth and her keel is still on dock but it is out dated...

bro, we have no other option but to trust navy when it comes to securing our Waters ..

my concern was that we operate 3 AIP subs , and now we signed a Contract of 8 more ..
which will take around 8-10 years ( minimum ) , why not we reduce the Sub numbers to 4-6 , and rest of the funds can go for upgraded F-22P's or Type 54A's ..

IN has the Potent Naval Air Arm , against that we have nothing .. not even a Heavy Destroyer that can tackle with IN's Air fleet , AWACS and Pi8's , they can hunt our subs easily ..

Dont you think our Surface vessels will be venerable to enemy Flanker ?

I can't teach Naval operations on this forum, which basically are your questions.

The PN wants 8 AIP subs, they will get them.
When the budget for DDG's is allocated they will also come.

And believe me, hunting a sub is not an easy job, as you think or they show in the movies.
I have been doing it for 10 years.

I can't teach Naval operations on this forum, which basically are your questions.

The PN wants 8 AIP subs, they will get them.
When the budget for DDG's is allocated they will also come.

And believe me, hunting a sub is not an easy job, as you think or they show in the movies.
I have been doing it for 10 years

And may Allah bless you, and your loved ones, with good health, faith and wealth. Keep up the good work Bro!

With the new Shiplift and Transfer System being installed at KSEW it can theocratically build 13 ships/subs of upto 7,000 tons each simultaneously in the addition to it current capacity of 3 ships of up to 17,000 tons each simultaneously. Check Google Earth for progress in construction. Its a huge infrastructure project similar to building the JF17 factory at Kamra or the Al-khalid assembly line at HIT.

Last edited:
PNS ASLAT was indigenously built at Karachi Shipyard. So, Pakistan can build fighter jets, main battle tanks, and warships.

Soorry but PNS Asalat was just assembled here just like Augosta 90 subs.

PN is not about power projection, its about denying the enemy free acess to our area of interest and however we achieve it is more important.
I have a very Simple Question Sir!! Why PN is not about power projection, why its only about denying the enemy free access to our area of interest ??? Strong Navies always tries to conduct more operations on international front..

With the new Shiplift and Transfer System being installed at KSEW it can theocratically build 13 ships/subs of upto 7,000 tons each simultaneously in the addition to it current capacity of 3 ships of up to 17,000 tons each simultaneously. Check Google Earth for progress in construction. Its a huge infrastructure project similar to building the JF17 factory at Kamra or the Al-khalid assembly line at HIT.

How can u be so sure?

KSEW over the years had added a very good capability

It has everything you need for civilian and naval ships

From cutting, fabricating, module consturction, work shop, joinary to final blasting and painting

The problem is the guys just don't have enough work to expand and keep the skills utilised

The work is just a tricke slow and staggered

What KSEW needs is a large frigate contract like consturction of 4 frigates one after the other or even 2 simultaneously

Then they can show coordination, synchronisation and streamlined approach to ship building

All KSEW needs is the contract for the job they will manage the rest they are so resourceful and lots of help from France and China has helped them become proeffiecint

Government need to pay attention and give them civilian and naval ship contracts and them keep them flowing

Next frigates should be 1 in China and 3 in Pakistan

Get the SSK programme going

Add civilian building then help retain the skills by keeping them busy by giving them more and more work

Single tugs and puller boats are good but they need to move now and start big projects the replenishment tanker is one example, give them they contract and they will deliver give them multi tanker contract

I hope more money goes to KSEW and they can expand

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom