What's new

Karachi beat all the other cities of Pakistan in Tax Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PaklovesTurkiye

I told you in other thread too. There is no need for such threads. No matter what karachiites or muhajirs do Karachi would still get treated like sh!t. Both from Federal and provincial governments or even establishment.

There is no point of such threads except showing desperation. Keep doing your part for the country and leave everything else on the God almighty. Allah malik hai. There is no need to prove or show your services for this country again and again

My dear friend, No one can deny the importance of Pakistan's premier industrial and financial centre (i.e., Karachi) and the contribution of Karachiites (including Mohajirs) towards nation's prosperity

But what you need to understand is that insulting and belittling the efforts/contributions of other ethnicities/regions to highlight the contribution of your own community/city is never a good idea

My dear friend, No one can deny the importance of Pakistan's premier industrial and financial centre (i.e., Karachi) and the contribution of Karachiites (including Mohajirs) towards nation's prosperity

But what you need to understand is that insulting and belittling the efforts/contributions of other ethnicities/regions to highlight the contribution of your own community/city is never a good idea

I am also not in supporting of belittling any ethnic group or community

I am just disappointed the way Karachi is getting treated in Pakistan or the way Federal or provincial governments continue to treat Karachi

@BHarwana @waz please close this thread. This OP has issues today as seen by other threads created.

I answered your question on why Karachi collects more tax, if you don't have enough brain cells to comprehend the answer then seek education.

Karachi collected tax to spend on its people and the rest of Pakistan. That's it.
please direct to that thread

After CPEC slow and steady all the business activities are moving to the north of Pakistan.
- PIA has almost moved its offices to Islamabad.
- Naval head quarters is already jn ISB
- As everything is going online soon SBP and head offices of all other commercial banks will also move to ISB
i think its about time "muhajirs" and non-muhajir karachiites also start moving to cities outside karachi..
1st havoc was done when liaquat ali imposed one lot on karachi, the other havoc happened when ayub tried to counter balance it with another lot..

but had liaquat ali khan restrained we could have had a better karachi today..muhajirs should have been scattered and settled all across pakistan..not one city, the demographics of karachi shouldnt have been touched.

With the fountain-head corrupted, decay will surely follow.

I was wondering what the "source" of impunity enjoyed by some Karachiites/Mohajirs in bashing other ethnicities and regions of Pakistan on PDF was, now we know it comes directly from the top

You and your doppelganger @El Sidd seem to be closet separatists

Seriously disappointed
Oh get off your high horse - its boring now

View attachment 651710

This is from sons of soil; a contribution of billions of dollars a year.

Dont forget 70% of exports from son of soils. Without these $ Karachi will turn back in to fishing village as these people couldnt develop any industry. Just rent seeking importer class dependent on $$.

Now lets get back at Karachi tax collection through “port”. If tomorrow Pakistan decide to shift all cargo to Gwadar, it will too collect same amount.

Last edited:
Isn’t Karachi a part of Pakistan? Why we always have to mention this? Karachi is a big city with being the most populated city in Pakistan. So obviously generating tax collection would be higher as compare to other cities. Also, why play the muhajir card all the time? Can’t people simply use the word Pakistani to share their two cents? Why always label them with word “muhajir”?

I am also not in supporting of belittling any ethnic group or community

I am just disappointed the way Karachi is getting treated in Pakistan or the way Federal or provincial governments continue to treat Karachi

Because this impotent system inherited from the British which was used to subjugate the people and only allow the rich to be the unholy masters is what is holding not only Karachi back but the whole country back.

The only solution is to dissolve the existing provinces and promote the Divisions to a Provincial Status but without Legislative powers. That will also remove all these hundreds of useless MPAs

Last edited:
Some extracts from the article link in op

"Saima Shahbaz Malik is the highest taxpayer in Pakistan, according to the data compiled by the FBR."

The name doesn't sound like a non son / daughter of the soil.

"Some of the popular names on the list are of former Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Hassan Mansha, Syed Babar Ali of the Packages Group, Mian Umar Mansha and Mian Raza Mansha from Nishat Group, business magnate Arif Habib and Aftab Tapal of Tapal Tea."

Interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you keep harboring biased views, one day this frustration will lead you straight to being a racist. You don't own Karachi remember, your forefathers migrated to that city and this is no way of honoring their sacrifices. Karachites irrespective of their ethnicity have a deep rooted superiority complex, it's a fact whether you like it or not, and in my opinion this is because most of you in your lives haven't gone beyond Hyderabad to rest of Pakistan (I can bet most of you even don't know all the places in Karachi itself).

What I see here is people simply don't understand what in this video is mentioned about from where those taxes were collected. It names local areas markets of Karachi like Joher and others which shows its about local Businessman and not included the business head offices. And another dumb logic comes in from some :) ... and that buddy compare it with remittance for that logic Sir these included the community which stings your pride.

But for now I am totally agree that "It is high time that we develop other cities immediately to correct this imbalance." ( @HalfMoon ) and that move will release the burden over mega city.

@Syed1. @pak-marine @Cliftonite @SQ8 @PaklovesTurkiye

Kehnay ko tau itna hai kay bolti bund ker doon laikin faida ... Mairay khayal main humain aik dosray ko support kerna chahiyay aur ager koi sabqat lay jata hai tau rashk kerna chahiyay na kay hasad aur khud main behtri lani chahiyay ...

Aap sub humaray upnay hain aur hum aap sub kay liyay aisi kamyabi ki khawahish rukhtay hain jaisi hum nay hasil keri 'from Karachiet'.

27th Feb ko Jub Siddiqi aur Noman nay India kay 2 taiyaray maar giraye tau woh Pakistani thay aur Jub Sqd Ldr Noman F-16 Hadsay main shaheed huay tau KHI main logon kay dil main gham aur chehray per dukh kay aa-saar aisay hi dikhay kay jaisay upnay ghar ka koi fard Shaheed hua ho, main khud bhi khana nahin kha paya tau yeh kiya hai es cheez ko kaisay sumjhain ... Ajeeb hi hain hum loag muhubat bay loss kertay hain laikin pata nahin ... Ajeeb hain.

Last edited:
Some extracts from the article link in op

"Saima Shahbaz Malik is the highest taxpayer in Pakistan, according to the data compiled by the FBR."

The name doesn't sound like a non son / daughter of the soil.

"Some of the popular names on the list are of former Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Hassan Mansha, Syed Babar Ali of the Packages Group, Mian Umar Mansha and Mian Raza Mansha from Nishat Group, business magnate Arif Habib and Aftab Tapal of Tapal Tea."

Interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you keep harboring biased views, one day this frustration will lead you straight to being a racist. You don't own Karachi remember, your forefathers migrated to that city and this is no way of honoring their sacrifices. Karachites irrespective of their ethnicity have a deep rooted superiority complex, it's a fact whether you like it or not, and in my opinion this is because most of you in your lives haven't gone beyond Hyderabad to rest of Pakistan (I can bet most of you even don't know all the places in Karachi itself).

wo wahan uss mitti me paida hokar son of soil nahi huay?

kitne arse tak maqaami samraaji khudaon ki pooja baad ye sharff milta hai? bata den hum intezar karwalenge inse

Lahore has more tax filers than Karachi however Lahore pays less tax. One benefit Karachi has is that it is a port city, which carries most of Pakistan's exports. This allows more businesses to be created and increases wealth generation.

Karachi also has a much larger population than Lahore.

The OP has an issue with Lahore or any other part of Pakistan that is not Karachi. This behaviour should be dealt with.

Lame argument. Lahore is center of population hub. 50% of pakistans population is closed to lahore and it is at green belt.

Have some shame and atleast give the credit where it is due. This arrogant attitude will increadmse the differences.

Lame argument. Lahore is center of population hub. 50% of pakistans population is closed to lahore and it is at green belt.

Have some shame and atleast give the credit where it is due. This arrogant attitude will increadmse the differences.

itne jazbaati hokar tax na hi do.

4 paisay kay liye ek dosre per keechar uchaalna choro baniye laxmi pujaariyon

wo wahan uss mitti me paida hokar son of soil nahi huay?

kitne arse tak maqaami samraaji khudaon ki pooja baad ye sharff milta hai? bata den hum intezar karwalenge inse

Why don't you ask your other non sons of soil? I didn't use or introduce this term .... tum logo ko khud shauk chara hy.

Yehi masla hy tum logo ka ........ giriban may jhank k dekho ...... ajj itnay raw agent pakray gay, ajj itnay target killer pakray gay ........ borian kholnay laga baki ka Pakistan to sir chupany ko jaga nai milay gi. Banday k puttar bano.

itne jazbaati hokar tax na hi do.

4 paisay kay liye ek dosre per keechar uchaalna choro baniye laxmi pujaariyon
Hahaha ... agreed, but why cant the other people if Pakistan appreciate the tax paying culture of Karachi.

Anyone in finance and tax profession knows the tax compliance in Karachi is mich higher than faislabad and lahore. The culture of tax frauds is very high.

Same in comparision to karachi islamabad is even higher tax compliants.

Lets speak the truth and give the credit where its due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom