What's new

Karachi Beaches

@waz @Horus @Oscar @WAJsal Why are some mods behaving like kids these days? How can anybody justify negative rating for this post of mine!

Its just my personal opinion. I haven't abused any person or nationality. If someone does not agree with my POV, he can counter me with his statements. This is plain abuse of power.

You call these beaches? These look pretty nude without any vegetation around. Just barren rocky areas besides the sea shore.

This is how a beach looks like...
View attachment 299395

Last edited:
DHA phase 8... do darya

13731826_280543802305603_4173437756794263335_o.jpg

Honestly, Pakistan does not have good beaches - there are some coastal areas that would make very beautiful and popular beaches if the government puts an extra effort.

Most of our beaches are centered around Sindh; which honestly isnt a good place for beaches. We need to align towards the Makran coast; extra developing and it can turn into a popular beach destination overnight. It has very good sand and an amazing view of mountains; it just lacks vegetation.

Makran coast, Balochistan
32485561.jpg

32485798.jpg
What do u think of next 10/15 years after makran coastal beaches

The water is really muddy unfortunately.

The government needs to put some effort into this area like how the Dubai govt artificially made the Jumeirah beach.
Then you should stop going there.

All the untreated industrial and residential waste going into the sea for past 60 years should have some repercussions.

Last edited:
Karachi beaches need biohazard signs and should be off limits to public. I am a certified scuba diver and have seen many beaches all over the world, but seriously, ocean within 1 km of Karachi coast is not clean enough for general public. Looking down the plane, deep Oceans are dark blue in color and turn light blue or Aqua color closer to any coast, but in Karachi it turn dirty black due to chemicals and other pollution.

I visited Sonmiani Beach at SUPARCO's Flight Test Range and water was 20x better than Karachi. Pakistan can develop more beaches in Balochistan.
I visited that beach a few times and that's a great beach...clear water and uncrowded and one can see colonies of crabs. My friend started thumping her leg on the ground in excitement and all the cute crabs rushed towards the water :) :)

why there is no vegetaion .. is it natural ( climate/geogrphical) or man made de forestation ? Please post pics of Karachi Mangroves.

54a8dc61bf2f3.jpg

This photograph taken on April 29, 2014, shows fisherman Talib Kacchi (C) and Kamal Shah of the Pakistan Fisherfolk Forum (PFF), a group fighting for fishermen's rights, gesturing as they look at a mangrove swamp along a beach in the Arabian Sea in Karachi.

54a8dc621e7b9.jpg

This photograph taken on April 29, 2014, shows a fisherman maneuvering his boat along mangrove swamps in the Arabian Sea in Karachi.

karachi-s-mangroves-threatened-1420351126-5183.jpg

Mangroves Ecosystem in Port Qasim Area

engro_elengy_-_mangrove_plantation-1c_iucn_pakistan.jpg

Photo: © IUCN Pakistan
Project title: Restoration of Mangroves Ecosystem in Port Qasim Area

Project background: Engro Elengy Terminal Private Limited (EETPL) is constructing a liquefied natural gas terminal in Port Qasim Area, inclusive of ship berthing and import facilities, floating storage tanks and regasification equipment. The construction phase has resulted in the conversion of 50 hectares of coastal mangrove ecosystem into reclaimed industrial land.

In order to mitigate the impact of the construction on natural mangrove ecosystem and to compensate for the loss of mangrove cover, IUCN, through its Business and Biodiversity Programme is working with EETPL to plant mangroves on 500-hectares of land surrounding the affected area.

engro_elengy_-_mangrove_plantation-2c_babar_hussain_iucn_pakistan.jpg
Photo: © IUCN Pakistan/Babar Hussain

Objectives of the project:

• Restore mangrove plantations on 500-hectares of land over two years in Port Qasim

why there is no vegetaion .. is it natural ( climate/geogrphical) or man made de forestation ? Please post pics of Karachi Mangroves.

Back
Top Bottom