What's new

Kansas shooter: "If Jews can have a state of their own, why can't we have a White Christian state?"

What i'm seeing is that Judaism is a faith, not a race.

It is both.

According to the strictest of Jewish definitions, if your mother was Jewish, then you are Jewish.

You can't opt in, you can't opt out.

What i'm seeing is that Judaism is a faith, not a race.

What do you think?

Judaism is the religion while Jewish people are a race. You can be of Jewish descent but not following Judaism (non-religious) just like you can be an Christian Arab or an atheist Arab or whatever. Today the Jewish people are far from a homogenous race although most Jews can trace their paternal ancestry to the ancient ME and they cluster with fellow Semitic people and ME people. At least a lot of genetic tests show that.

In any case that's an insane proposition.:rofl:

That's a fake account of some Tamil member of this forum. Unfortunately he is allowed to continue keeping his account so don't take anything he posts seriously.
Bellige putha

Slaughtering tens of millions of native Americans was not enough for these white supremacists it seems.

Well I am an atheist and I consider myself Jewish. Same do most of my friends.

I see. I think this is widely practiced by those who are ethnically, socially, and culturally connected to Judaism.

Yes indeed. I was about to mention that, but then the concept of "race" itself is very ill defined. It is not a biologically, scientifically classifiable term. For example among the people of Africa, where the greatest genetic variation among humans exists, two black people from different regions may be genetically much more different than a white european is from a chinese. Although commonly we refer to all blacks as one race, whites as one race, east asians as one race and so on. Skin color is only skin deep, and is not really the best indicator of genetic diversity.

That is why I used the word "ethnicity", or ancestry might be suitable.

I think the issue is a bit complicated, not only to Jews but the same is to be applied with Indians, Arabs, and so on.

Skin color often confuses people as to on what basis is a given color can define a race.

Most jewish people I have met in the US say the same thing.

There are lots of Orthodox Jewish residing in the US as well.

It is both.

According to the strictest of Jewish definitions, if your mother was Jewish, then you are Jewish.

You can't opt in, you can't opt out.

By the same token, Many Jews don't consider African Jews pure.

By the same token, Many Jews don't consider African Jews pure.

Purity of the Jewish race is viewed differently by different Jewish groups.

What I wrote above was the hardcore, ultra-conservative view. More liberal Jewish groups accept converts.

Purity of the Jewish race is viewed differently by different Jewish groups.

What I wrote above was the hardcore, ultra-conservative view. More liberal Jewish groups accept converts.

I think that cuts to the heart of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom