What's new

Kale Aero: SOM's Engine Started to Work !!!

Sorry i didnt saw the link,3.5kn is not something to be proud of.Anyway best of luck.

Werent you were devloping cruise missiles of 1000 km range??

Sorry i didnt saw the link,3.5kn is not something to be proud of.Anyway best of luck.

Werent you were devloping cruise missiles of 1000 km range??

This engine is developed according to the request of SSM (Undersecretariat for Defence Industries)

So SSM says " I want this kind of an engine with this power, with this specs." and KALE AERO produces this engine according to these requests...

Things are not going like that >

SSM says produce an engine
KALE AERO produces an engine
Then SSM looks at engine and says " Noooo, i didn't want an engine like that, this engine can't be an answer for our request "

This is not like that...

Now SSM wanted that engine with that specs and they are producing it...

In the future(near future) SSM will want more powerful engine and they will produce that...

Progress goes on so good.. No problem...

Step by step...

Fair enough.Wasnt Turkey devloping 1000km range cruise missile??

search : " Gezgin"

(1000+ km cruse missile. It is not som , it will be a missille launch from sea-land and air. equal to tomahawk. )

search : " Gezgin"

(1000+ km cruse missile. It is not som , it will be a missille launch from sea-land and air. equal to tomahawk. )

Cabatlı mentioned it a month ago.

-A new design Cruise missile with Turbo-fan motor, which will have a longer range than current SOM, is under development. New Cruise missile will be joined inventory of not only AirForce, but also Land Forces as Ground based cruise missile, and Naval forces as Ship based VL cruise missile.

Turkish Missile/Torpedo Programs | News & Updates. | Page 41

Name of New Cruise Missile: Gezgin.
Range: 1500km+ (2016-18)

The name of Kale turbo-jet motor: Kale-3500
Kale-3500 will have equal performance with TR-50. (SOM uses TR-40 turbojet motor)

Turkish Missile/Torpedo Programs | News & Updates. | Page 42

engine =Turkish dream off offf

Turkey working on a turbojet for cruise missiles - IHS Jane's 360

p1481652.jpg

73dmdw.jpg

No offence but this looks like as simple as a meat grinder are they messing with us or what?

i hope i am wrong..

No offence but this looks like as simple as a meat grinder are they messing with us or what?

i hope i am wrong..
This is just a model i think,Normally they dont show real engines in expo's.

i hope i am wrong..
I think your wrong.:stop:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love looking at all of the old threads where you can see the start of all these programs. Only after looking at the old info one realizes how far we have come in a short period of time.

https://defence.pk/threads/kale-aerospace-will-develope-turbojet-engine-for-cruise-missiles.151578/:smart:

This is just a model i think,Normally they dont show real engines in expo's.

I guess so because they get millions of dollars from tax payers moneys this should not be the result..

Kale throttles up jet development for SOM

Kale Havacilik has accelerated efforts to develop a new jet engine for Turkey’s ‘SOM’ stand-off missiles.

Kale Aerospace’s R&D division manager Burcin Elbirlik has informed TR Defence sources that the company reached an advanced stage in its efforts to build a new engine for the missile and that “right now there’s a working prototype”.

“A new, high-tech test center for jet engines is going to become operational by the end of March. Afterwards, we’ll also begin working on turboprop designs” Elbirlik added.

“During the first tests of the new SOM prototype engine, it caught on fire, but these sorts of mishaps are common with such advanced products. The flaws were fixed and now we have a working engine.”

Kale currently imports a large number of its engine components from international suppliers. But they do hope to produce increasingly more components in-house or at least from domestic manufacturers as the project enters serial production.

Kale throttles up jet development for SOM | TR Defence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom