What's new

Kalash Tribe of Pakistan

ahh the lovely kalash tribes I wish mullahs would leave them alone.I think one of the few people who've retained their ancient culture such a peaceful and beautiful people may god bless them always keep them protected and preserve their way of life :)

Last edited:
Kalash are friendly and peaceful people. They never caused any trouble in Pakistan and never gave any headache to the Pakistani government. I'm glad Kalash are part of Pakistan.

I have been to Kalash twice, absolutely beautiful. Its truly heaven on earth, the people are nice but what i love the most is the simplicity over there.

Thank you for sharing this clip. Yes it is indeed a unique culture, shame their language is on the UN protected indigenous language list "as people who can speak it are reducing in number".

The culture is also protected both by UN and Pakistani Government, sadly due to lack of work opportunities in Chitral and surrounding areas many of the men are forced to travel to the cities in order to seek employment. Many take their families with them and this is devastating for the very small population of the community.

The Gov and a few NGOs have initiated microeconomic loans to start up cottage industries such as handy crafts to help support households. Lets see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom