What's new

Kalar kahar - Salt Range Lahore to Islamabad M2

Kalar kahar - Salt Range Lahore to Islamabad M2

beautiful place and a shrine of sufi buzurg (i think hu ba hu??). I have been there once. The valley is green (with a lake) but the mountains around are more arid in nature.

beautiful place and a shrine of sufi buzurg (i think hu ba hu??). I have been there once. The valley is green (with a lake) but the mountains around are more arid in nature.

There is a shrine in Kallar Kahar of an offspring of Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Gilani (Radi Allah ta’ala anh’

7FBB4D84-F3CE-4C1E-AA69-C752B82928D1.jpeg
163040D9-F2DC-4650-A746-2A5FFEC9FDB9.jpeg
I lived in kallar kahar for 3 years. Very isolated but one of the best places I’ve ever lived in. I remember going to school on the M2 everyday since the military base was new and had no school. Had to drive an hour in the morning and an hour back. Can still recall every detail of that Path from how much I’ve looked at it.
My father was the first brigade commander of the Base there. When we arrived it was 4 houses and an office. Now it’s got a dam, a college and so much more.

The shrine has a very nice shirwani and shoes and turban...maybe he wears them...amazing beliefs of people. So innocent and so lost

The climate of that region has changed so much. When I was there over a decade ago it was occasionally below freezing in the winters. In the morning everything was covered with a thin blanket of ice. Now it feels like Rawalpindi. The amount of snakes, jackals, porcupines and wild pigs in those mountains is annoying. After 3 years (5 if you count Neighboring Balkassar) you get used to them though. I visited that salt mine so many times I felt like a tour guide every time we went there with some new guests. The house with the red roof in the second picture in my above post was where we lived. We had that built there as there was no house for the brigade commander there when we moved in. Still my favorite place I’ve lived in to date.
I don’t remember much about the shrine oddly. But I do remember going to it. There was also the lake, which at that time was nothing but a bunch of weeds. Now it’s clean enough to be a tourist spot.

32C87D60-AF53-49BF-9014-EE3D4A2B8273.jpeg
7E3FB6A4-D684-41D1-822A-3E4780247842.jpeg
Another historical and beautiful place nearby is Kila Rohtas. So much history there. It’s been renovated a lot recently, which is good to see, in the few years I lived there the major buildings were all closed due to a unsafe state. Now you can go to the top. It has a lot of history to it aswell. It’s still a sacred place for Hindus and Sikhs and they visit it often. That little pond down there has a story behind it too, one I don’t have time to type down right now.
Other than that there was another lake here which had some story about a lovers wife dying and his tears of sadness creating a lake which runs alongside a lot of the roads in the area. I don’t recall that story completely either.

I think this region has great tourist potential. It’s for the people who want to explore and maybe don’t want to go to a crowded & expensive Murree. Not many ppl explore this region and it is beautiful ما شاء الله

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom