What's new

Kalabagh Dam Project

Make artificial lakes in Sind to save water before it goes to the sea near Karachi and More small Dams on upstream.

I hope those who make hurdles in construction of kalaBagh dam for their political benefits DIE in current floods. And none of them neither their mentality should survive.

Dear,
PPP says Sindh will be dried with kalabagh dam and ANP says NWFP will be sinked if Kalabagh dam will be built.
This flood has at least proved when NWFP will be sinked Sindh and Punjab both will be sinked in following days.
If Sindh stay dry than NWFP will not be flooded.

Dear,
PPP says Sindh will be dried with kalabagh dam and ANP says NWFP will be sinked if Kalabagh dam will be built.
This flood has at least proved when NWFP will be sinked Sindh and Punjab both will be sinked in following days.
If Sindh stay dry than NWFP will not be flooded.

This is nature, no one can plan 100%, however we have concerns over kalabagh dam, its not in the intrests of kp or its people. We encourage the fed to look at other means such as alternative energy to benefit kp and its people.

This is nature, no one can plan 100%, however we have concerns over kalabagh dam, its not in the intrests of kp or its people. We encourage the fed to look at other means such as alternative energy to benefit kp and its people.

I still don't understand what the concerns of the NWFP regarding kalabagh are, since relocation of people will take place in the construction of any dam.

I could understand their concerns if there were issues over the relocation compensation being offered (which can always be negotiated) but outlandish claims like 'K-P will be flooded lend credence to the view that opposition to KB dam is irrational.

Your concerns and those of PPP are unfounded and ridicules.
Alternate energy cannot save NWFP from next flood?
This one reason is compelling enough to build kalabagh dam.

There are many other locations for dams of similar calibar, that can provide similar amount of electriccity and hold large amount of water, so must we go on a path that is divisive and raises major suspicions and tension amongst the provinces.

I feel that in the future kalabagh dam can become a reality but that in my opinion wont be for a very long time.

Dear Batman and Agnostic the name is kp and not nwfp, i would very much appreciate it you two gentlemen can kindly use the correct name.

All potential dams shall be built but not as an alternate to kalabagh, and please tell similar projects?
Why do you think ANP and PPP failed to identify any single project.

Pakhtoon Khawa name was rejected by Mohammad Ali Jinnah who is father of the nation.
It is not aceptable until referendum is held, either in whole Pakistan or only in NWFP.
I believe this is a non issue.... in context of this discussion.
We had lyalpur renamed as Faisalabad while older generation continue to call it laylpur.

Kalabag dam should be build in 3 years not 5 years

Anyone who oppose it should be put in prison

designs of kalabagh dam needs some change otherwise it will be a disaster to KP Province..

designs of kalabagh dam needs some change otherwise it will be a disaster to KP Province..
disaster to waise bhi ho gaya hai :cry:

ANP had an objection ke "Nowshera doob jaaye ga" - woh waisi bhi doob gaya :cry:
p01_24496293.jpg

p02_24502549.jpg

p04_24483881.jpg

p11_24496397.jpg

For more pics you can go here :cry:

Severe flooding in Pakistan - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Dear Batman and Agnostic the name is kp and not nwfp, i would very much appreciate it you two gentlemen can kindly use the correct name.

After years of reading and writing NWFP, it will take time to not subconsciously refer to it as NWFP - nothing deliberate about it. In fact I later referred to the province as K-P in the same post.

Ab kiya kerna ... 100 billion worth of damage in country

Abe kiya kerna ? Jub Churiya chug gai kheet

Kala Bagh should have been built in 1990

a) We would not had had the electricity crisis
b) We would not have had this floods
c) More land would have been fertile

As for ppl being displayed 80,000? well now 4-10million people are displaced !! so there you go Paktoon leaders you and your idiotic reluctance to build the dam

And guess what ? You still had to evacuate anyways

This is why ppl with fake degrees should not talk about technical point of building a damn or engineering project

Last edited:

Understandable if there are concerns over the design, but what are these concerns and what is the projected impact that would be a 'disaster' for K-P?

Remember that any dam will result in some level of inhabited areas being submerged, so that cannot be an issue unless one is arguing that all of Peshawar or some similarly large population area would be at risk.

bro if kalabagh is there with old designs then i will guarantee you there is no KP Province now,, Punjab will be in biggest disaster..

In my opinion we have better priorities available, most of the peoples here are being emotional and neglecting the disadvantageous of this dam too. IMHO We should build the smaller dams as soon as possible (some of them are under construction) and then slowly shift to pre-approved larger dams and ultimately to Kalabagh. I am not in favour of building Kalabagh right now but was in favour of buidling back in 1980s or now in favour of building after 2025 once the pre-approved projects are completed. We peoples only talk about dams and i don't want to see other projects being halted for the sake of new Kalabagh movement which is expected to rise after this flood calamity.

Kalabagh cannot and should not be built unless all provinces are in consensus and honestly speaking that dam can help revive our devastated economy

Back
Top Bottom