What's new

Kachatheevu can’t be retrieved, Centre tells Supreme Court

Will it be Amma all the way this time? Or will DMK survive by going for an alliance with BJP?

Incidentally, even BJP is wary of alliance with DMK. BJP do not have a base in TN, but it might win a seat or 2 in its strongholds such as kaniyakumari and Koimbatore . Aligning with DMK, will make it 0.
DMK might win some 5-7 or even less seats. ADMK will possibly go for alliance with BJP after polls. She have scant respect for her alliance partners and even so called 3rd front.
There is a Amma wave right now.

add seemandhra to the list now..:angry:.thats 25 seats.not sure in telangana they would win all the 17 seats with TRS in the game..

Wouldnt TDP, YSRC win some seats in Telangana?

add seemandhra to the list now..:angry:.thats 25 seats.not sure in telangana they would win all the 17 seats with TRS in the game..
i dont think even TRS can win all 17 seats.

Incidentally, even BJP is wary of alliance with DMK. BJP do not have a base in TN, but it might win a seat or 2 in its strongholds such as kaniyakumari and Koimbatore . Aligning with DMK, will make it 0.
DMK might win some 5-7 or even less seats. ADMK will possibly go for alliance with BJP after polls. She have scant respect for her alliance partners and even so called 3rd front.

yes they would TDP, YSRC might win some seats in telangana.

If TDP, YSRC wins many seats there, it would be slap in the face for Congress and TRP.
YSRC will sweep Seemandhra and rayalaseema and get some in telangana area, TDP will also fare well. The people of andhra supported congress last time so now they suffer for supporting such autocratic party at the center which does not take into account the sensitivities and wishes of the people of AP. Just for mere 15 seats it was willing to bifurcate a state.This is just the beginning, there will be more such demands and congress to stay in power will do many such bifurcations.Just for the sake of NEHRU family a whole state has to suffer.Rahul if he visits AP will be hit with shoes.

YSRC will sweep Seemandhra and rayalaseema and get some in telangana area, TDP will also fare well. The people of andhra supported congress last time so now they suffer for supporting such autocratic party at the center which does not take into account the sensitivities and wishes of the people of AP. Just for mere 15 seats it was willing to bifurcate a state.This is just the beginning, there will be more such demands and congress to stay in power will do many such bifurcations.Just for the sake of NEHRU family a whole state has to suffer.Rahul if he visits AP will be hit with shoes.

I dont trust YSRC. TDP would be better for AP. Chandra Babu Naidu have a better experience. My friend from Telangana also rues bifurcation of the state telling that is unwanted as all share same language, heritage, administration is straight and simple.

I dont trust YSRC. TDP would be better for AP. Chandra Babu Naidu have a better experience. My friend from Telangana also rues bifurcation of the state telling that is unwanted as all share same language, heritage, administration is straight and simple.
TDP would be much better for AP.The bill will be contested in supreme court as they passed it in a hush hush affair, they blocked even media closed the parliament doors and passed the bill without any discussion. I am from telangana too i feel the same as your friend said,it was unnecessary,for one mans selifshness KCR the ghost of telangana was evoked and sonia gandhi to make her son rahul gandhi pm (again one man) bifurcated the state for mere 15 mp seats.

Even the BJP at center was playing middle game,seems to me that both national parties care less for southern states if it suits their purpose.

YSRC bleak chance..TDP might.

thats the common mood here.people are in favour of tdp.afterall chandrababu naidu is the one who developed hyd.ysrc is loosing all its sheen in costal districts.main strength of ysrc is in those four rayalaseema districts.yes not every telangana person is happy with bifurcation.things could have been dealt differently.

Last edited:
Looks like Congress won't even score a triple digit figure in Lok Sabha elections this year

‘Island was not ceded to Sri Lanka’

In its response to Mr. Karunanidhi’s writ petition seeking retrieval of the island from Sri Lanka, the Centre said: “The question of retrieval… did not arise as no territory belonging to India was ceded, nor sovereignty relinquished, to Sri Lanka.”

this is correct , no territory belonging to India was ceded to Sri Lanka, as Katchatheevu belongs to Tamilnadu not to India

Last edited:
As a real Sinhala, I believe that Sri Lanka should return the island.

As a real Sinhala, I believe that Sri Lanka should return the island.
@Oscar @WebMaster

As you have seen, I've never reported anyone but this member is a fake account of that banned Tamil member who claimed to be from UK. Regardless of what he said, I've never reported him yet hiding behind false flags while trying to defame a race or people is cheap. I request you to ban this fake account.

@Oscar @WebMaster

As you have seen, I've never reported anyone but this member is a fake account of that banned Tamil member who claimed to be from UK. Regardless of what he said, I've never reported him yet hiding behind false flags while trying to defame a race or people is cheap. I request you to ban this fake account.
How dare you! I am a proud Sri Lankan! How dare you question me!
Post reported for false claims. I expected better from a Sri Lankan brother.

That didn't answer my question. It's still insignificant. What's the point of fighting with an entire country for 1.15 sq. km of territory ?

Also are you sure Parliament's ratification wasn't taken ? The Centre claims it was.

The question you asked is wrong. IF the territory belonged to India, even 100 sq mts its worth fighting for.

The correct question is the family he mentioned, the Ramnad Estate ceased to exist independently in the late 1700s. Hence, rights are transferred to the British. In this scenario, what they had is like a descendant of the Mughal coming and saying, Pakistan is a part of India, since he had rights to it.

There is no case. As for a change rightly pointed out by the GoI.

regardless of any semantics,anything that is once given in good faith should never be asked back and never be returned.

Back
Top Bottom