What's new

K-P govt repaid loans worth Rs5bn after coming to power, says CM

Norwegian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
PESHAWAR: Criticising Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for taking loans in his bid to improve country’s economy, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak on Tuesday said the nation should stand on its feet.

Addressing the media in Peshawar, Khattak outlined the importance of running the country without taking loans.

“It is very easy for me to take loans for K-P just like the prime minister, but why should I make my province dependent on foreign aid?” Khattak asked.

The chief minister went on to explain that when he took up his post in KP, the province was in debt amounting to Rs130 billion of which Rs5 billion was repaid by his government.

Khattak said he would not borrow money to run his province and that his government will use available resources.

“If we keeping running the country on loans, we will not be able to become a progressive nation,” he explained.

The CM added those who wish to give loans to K-P will have to do so on his government’s terms, keeping in mind what is best for the province and the people.

“I want to bring transparency to the people and make things easy for them,” Khattak said.
Khattak slams Nawaz’s begging bowl government – The Express Tribune

How do we explain this insafian logic of not being dependent on foreign loans alone for state machinery to patwari brains?

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @airmarshal @Akheilos @Armstrong @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @balixd @batmannow @Bilal. @Bratva @chauvunist @Crypto @Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow @Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Jazzbot @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @KURUMAYA @Leader @Luftwaffe @Marshmallow @mr42O @Muhammad Omar @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @pak-marine @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @Sedqal @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @syedali73 @Tameem @TankMan @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @orakzai4u @IceCold @S.U.R.B. @LoveIcon

PESHAWAR: Criticising Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for taking loans in his bid to improve country’s economy, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak on Tuesday said the nation should stand on its feet.

Addressing the media in Peshawar, Khattak outlined the importance of running the country without taking loans.

“It is very easy for me to take loans for K-P just like the prime minister, but why should I make my province dependent on foreign aid?” Khattak asked.

The chief minister went on to explain that when he took up his post in KP, the province was in debt amounting to Rs130 billion of which Rs5 billion was repaid by his government.

Khattak said he would not borrow money to run his province and that his government will use available resources.

“If we keeping running the country on loans, we will not be able to become a progressive nation,” he explained.

The CM added those who wish to give loans to K-P will have to do so on his government’s terms, keeping in mind what is best for the province and the people.

“I want to bring transparency to the people and make things easy for them,” Khattak said.
Khattak slams Nawaz’s begging bowl government – The Express Tribune

How do we explain this insafian logic of not being dependent on foreign loans alone for state machinery to patwari brains?

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @airmarshal @Akheilos @Armstrong @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @balixd @batmannow @Bilal. @Bratva @chauvunist @Crypto @Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow @Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Jazzbot @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @KURUMAYA @Leader @Luftwaffe @Marshmallow @mr42O @Muhammad Omar @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @pak-marine @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @Sedqal @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @syedali73 @Tameem @TankMan @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @orakzai4u @IceCold @S.U.R.B. @LoveIcon

Another great step by PTI led coaliton government to remove the debt on their province. Buddy @Norwegian please tag me in every post related to PTI.

Lekin noora support want to ask. KP MEE KOUN SA TEER MAAR LIYA

Well in my opinion the projects, which may significantly contribute towards development (capital projects) should not be deferred just because one do not like to take loan. Loan can be repaid but the projects which earn more than interest cost must not be deferred as they contribute to overall development of an economy.

Well in my opinion the projects, which may significantly contribute towards development (capital projects) should not be deferred just because one do not like to take loan. Loan can be repaid but the projects which earn more than interest cost must not be deferred as they contribute to overall development of an economy.

Point to be noted.

That being said, Imran Khan himself relies on donation to run hospital. Without donation/funding, it is not easy to run hospital. Pakistan has no money to invest on energy factors that can stabilize the economy, so it is essential that Pakistan gets loan to seek bright future. Once the money starts rolling, Pakistan will no longer be dependent.

Finally, we have political party that started investing on energy projects after a long time. The last thing we need is another detterent/interferrence like peace proposal with TTP had cost Pakistan big times as well as dharna against loan in form of issuing civil disobedience card.

Point to be noted.

That being said, Imran Khan himself relies on donation to run hospital. Without donation/funding, it is not easy to run hospital. Pakistan has no money to invest on energy factors that can stabilize the economy, so it is essential that Pakistan gets loan to seek bright future. Once the money starts rolling, Pakistan will no longer be dependent.

Finally, we have political party that started investing on energy projects after a long time. The last thing we need is another detterent/interferrence like peace proposal with TTP had cost Pakistan big times as well as dharna against loan in form of issuing civil disobedience card.

Problem with PMLN and megaprojects is evident in failure of Steel Mills, Nandi Pur, New Islamabad International Airport and so on.

Problem with PMLN and megaprojects is evident in failure of Steel Mills, Nandi Pur, New Islamabad International Airport and so on.

At this moment, yes. You can't expect profits overnight. It takes time.

Back
Top Bottom