What's new

Just felt the earthquake of my life!!

As I was replying to a thread an earthquake struck Bhubaneswar just 10 minutes back. I was on the 3rd floor when everyone screamed and ran down wards. Now that it has stopped, I am writing this. Has any one felt it?

Anyone from Kolkatta?

@DRAY
Bhai people also felt earthquake here in Kolkata but as usual i didn't feel anything:(.Probably was a bit busy watch the match between KingsXII and M.I.But my mom(who was attending a meeting at that time) said that she and all her friends felt milt jolt and some of the chairs in the meeting place rattled a bit.That's all i can say at this moment about Kolkata:-)

As I was replying to a thread an earthquake struck Bhubaneswar just 10 minutes back. I was on the 3rd floor when everyone screamed and ran down wards. Now that it has stopped, I am writing this. Has any one felt it?

Anyone from Kolkatta?

@DRAY
me in kolkata,,,felt nothng:what:

Bhai people also felt earthquake here in Kolkata but as usual i didn't feel anything:(.Probably was a bit busy watch the match between KingsXII and M.I.But my mom(who was attending a meeting at that time) said that she and all her friends felt milt jolt and some of the chairs in the meeting place rattled a bit.That's all i can say at this moment about Kolkata:-)

But here it was the severest in my life. I have felt in Tsunami time also, but this was bigger but shorter. May be it was due to nearest epicenter!!

Earthquake - Magnitude 5.8 - BAY OF BENGAL - 2014 May 21, 16:21:53 UTC

IntensityMap.png

But here it was the severest in my life. I have felt in Tsunami time also, but this was bigger but shorter. May be it was due to nearest epicenter!!
Maybe you guys should stay a bit alert tonight as there may be some powerful aftershocks after this tremor.I think you should consider the advice of @acetophenol and get ready in case of a bigger quake:)

Stay safe people, I think for precaution - people that feel vulnerable should think of sleeping outside, after a major quake - there is always the chance of strong after shocks.

Back
Top Bottom