What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

ssjr68f.jpg

Beauties'.

They did a survey in Combat Aircraft Magazine about 15 years ago (when magazines still held onto some form of life in the ever so growing world of the Internet lol) on what the subscribers thought was "The Most Beautifully Designed Fighter of all-time," in the history of aviation and the Super Marine Spitfire won the survey hands down. Most listed the reason as being the shape of the wings.

Idenfity the White and Black missiles on this F-16

View attachment 761448

MBDA PGM-500 - 500lbs guided munition/bomb derivative which was born out of a UAE/MBDA joint effort calling it the “Hakim”.

I remember when that pic first came out if I'm not mistaken it was about 10 years ago LOL! 2011 or something like that dang how time flies.

MBDA PGM-500 - 500lbs guided munition/bomb derivative which was born out of a UAE/MBDA joint effort calling it the “Hakim”.

I remember when that pic first came out if I'm not mistaken it was about 10 years ago LOL! 2011 or something like that dang how time flies.
Close, but I think those are the PGM-2000s.

They did a survey in Combat Aircraft Magazine about 15 years ago (when magazines still held onto some form of life in the ever so growing world of the Internet lol) on what the subscribers thought was "The Most Beautifully Designed Fighter of all-time," in the history of aviation and the Super Marine Spitfire won the survey hands down. Most listed the reason as being the shape of the wings.
Love the thin elliptical wing design.

Love the thin elliptical wing design.

Indeed. Your quote reminded me of how well they represented the Spitfire in that great flick Dunkirk, especially the one water landing.

1631021925928.png

1631021940296.png

I'm sure some type of RC model in the larger size variety but so very well done and VERY realistic and without looking it up, I'm sure they used a few of the real ones in private and museum collections etc., including the one very famous BF-109 with the instantaneously recognizable yellow front painting.

1631022956212.png

1631022832345.png

What a great shot and even better in motion!

I think that aircraft is use A LOT in several movies from what I've briefly read. Even the few Stuka shots and some rarities you don't really get to see that much, certainly the Heinkel 111 trying to bomb the British ships while attempting escaping the wrath of the Spitfire's gun.

1631022526563.png

Seeing the Heinkel like in this shot here while catching parts of the bottom of the Spitfire was outstanding. I believe that was an RC model from what I remember, but with all the terrific camera work behind the scenes etc., it was very, very realistic.

1631023500079.png

The background of blue water helped a lot to make many of those sequences just absolutely fantastic and super realistic. Heck I was surprised to see they even included a Bristol 142 Blenheim. I forget what it was doing at the time I'll have to watch the movie again lol. But no doubt, without a question, the star of entire movie IMO was the Super Marnie Spitfire Mk. I.

1631023024206.png

"Large aircraft" indeed, my friend. And seeing the C-5 Galaxy in 3rd in the list certainly gives me some perspective on the size of the Antonov AN-225 which with the difference in the additional length of the front fuselage and nose/cockpit area, it must be a monster!

Living in the US and the being mostly in the western hemisphere, we don't get to see much of the Russian and European-built aircraft, even cargo ones which would frequent the US a lot more than certainly any fighters that would show up at military air shows and things as such.

But I've been in a C-5 Galaxy and have seen it quite a bit and it is a monster in it's own right and then to see that difference on this chart make you think how MASSIVE that An-225 must be lmfao! Woooow.

Hey thanks for posting that and haven't seen you post for a few months now, hope you're just taking it easy and enjoying some time off. I hope all is well InshaAllah and hope to see you back here posting great pics again soon.

Couple for the road.

1631024221821.png

This unfortunate incident happened on June 24, 1994 and many know about it. The guy flying the B-52 was very well-known Bud Holland and was well known because of his very aggressive way of flying that aircraft and pushing it beyond its limits and getting away with it all the time until this one take-off where he immediately banked to the left (video is easily found on YouTube) and as he's known for pushing beyond the limits, took the aircraft way beyond the turn degree limit which also deprived the aircraft from much needed engine thrust to keep gaining altitude, it kept banking and he couldn't even bring it back to level flight position as the aircraft sadly stalled and went into the ground, killing him and three other crew members. Very sad that they dies because of a very preventable mistake on the pilot's behalf but what a heck of a picture!

1631024908607.png

Hope to see you soon posting your awesome images on this thread!

I wanted to edit some of my grammar mistakes in the previous post but the edit option is gone in one day?! I thought they gave you a little bit more time than barely 24 hours lol. I had to run really quickly right after I posted it figuring I could proof-read it and make the appropriate corrections today. But then I suddenly see the post without any edit option this quickly is strange.

Anyway, one more quick note on that unfortunate B-52 crash is you can see the escape hatch popped and flying off in that pic as one of the crew members was desperately trying to make an attempt at jumping out of the aircraft. Really sad and incredible at the same time.

Saw this photo today and I remember it from either sometime around 2010 or 2011, one of the better pics of the IRIAF jets.

Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force F-4 Phantom II doing a nice low pass probably right after takeoff. Nice camo color choices and so well maintained as it is evident.

1631201829655.png

Hellenic Air Force F-16 with the CMTs mounted. If you enlarge it, you can really see some great detail. It'll be even greater once they complete the killer Viper upgrade.

1631202059062.png

Back
Top Bottom