What's new

Just a Nice Pic....

DCAT
IMG_20210312_090516.jpeg

I don't believe USSR ever got any B17s. They were provided Douglas A20 for bomber role under lend lease program. One B29 did make an emergency landing in Vladivostok and was never returned. Soviets copied it into Tu-4.

The painting depicts Pe-8 (maybe)

B17s were used during Operation Frantic... Shuttle bombing raids by Allies on Germany using Soviet Airfields. .. Many B17s were disabled or landed damaged on Soviet airfields.... This way Soviets got access to them.

B17s were used during Operation Frantic... Shuttle bombing raids by Allies on Germany using Soviet Airfields. .. Many B17s were disabled or landed damaged on Soviet airfields.... This way Soviets got access to them.
Uptil Ops Frantic, there was a semblance of alliance b/w USSR & US/UK. I don't think any B-17 were confiscated. The ones damaged were returned (I maybe wrong). But the aircraft in the painting is definitely not B-17 or its copy. There is no dorsal ,ventral or tail gun turrets and the nose is not glass. The Inner engine nacelle looks to be strengthened for under carriage

Uptil Ops Frantic, there was a semblance of alliance b/w USSR & US/UK. I don't think any B-17 were confiscated. The ones damaged were returned (I maybe wrong). But the aircraft in the painting is definitely not B-17 or its copy. There is no dorsal ,ventral or tail gun turrets and the nose is not glass. The Inner engine nacelle looks to be strengthened for under carriage
This particular aircraft was refurbished for non combat duties, that's why the gun turrets are missing. It also explains the strengthening of the carriage.

I don't believe USSR ever got any B17s. They were provided Douglas A20 for bomber role under lend lease program. One B29 did make an emergency landing in Vladivostok and was never returned. Soviets copied it into Tu-4.

The painting depicts Pe-8 (maybe)

You're too good mate

Back
Top Bottom