Just a Nice Pic....

Random
IMG_20210202_105530.jpeg
IMG_20210202_094427.jpeg
IMG_20210202_094405.jpeg
IMG_20210201_171624.jpeg
IMG_20210131_174439.jpeg

Big body for such little weapons?
That's a training loadout, the missiles are dummies with real seeker heads, for Air-to-air combat training
edit: I just realized the comment was from 2019 and probably answered, sorry lol

Not sure what the history is behind this, and I consider it a nice pic despite it being such a terrible mishap. Also makes you wonder why they didn't salvage it and fix it? Those roundels resemble the Royal Australian AF but tough to see the kangaroo in the middle. Also it's either a Mirage III or a V but definitely not a 2000 because it doesn't have any leading edge wing slats or flaps. Probably a V is my guess. But what a shame. If anyone knows the story behind this, please do share.

EtP_8tQXMAgVcza

Not sure what the history is behind this, and I consider it a nice pic despite it being such a terrible mishap. Also makes you wonder why they didn't salvage it and fix it? Those roundels resemble the Royal Australian AF but tough to see the kangaroo in the middle. Also it's either a Mirage III or a V but definitely not a 2000 because it doesn't have any leading edge wing slats or flaps. Probably a V is my guess. But what a shame. If anyone knows the story behind this, please do share.

EtP_8tQXMAgVcza
If you do a reverse image search it shows "abandoned French Mirage 3 at Chateaudun Air Base"

Back
Top Bottom