Joint efforts with US to nab Dawood in Pakistan: India

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

January 11, 2014

NEW DELHI - India’s most wanted man Dawood Ibrahim is in Pakistan and joint efforts with the US were being made to nab him, Indian Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Friday.
“As per our information, Dawood is in Pakistan. When I went to America last year to discuss inland security, I met the attorney general who looks after the FBI.
“I talked to him and we decided that we will pass whatever information we have on Dawood amongst each other. We decided we will make joint efforts,” Shinde said when asked about the whereabouts of Dawood who is wanted in a number of cases by Indian agencies including the 1993 Mumbai blasts, reported Press Trust of India (PTI).
The Indian minister was addressing his monthly press conference.
The home minister, on the same question about Dawood last year, had said all such wanted elements will be brought back ‘one by one’. “All will come. Just wait,” he had said.
In response to a question on Friday, Shinde said the Congress government will ask all state governments to set up review or screening committees to assess role of minority youths languishing in jails on terror charges without trial.
“I am again writing to all chief ministers saying we will appoint a screening or advisory committee. These will be state-level committees,” he said.
Shinde said he had earlier asked all chief ministers to ensure that no innocent minority youth is wrongfully detained in the name of terror.
“I had written to all chief ministers to be careful while arresting youth of minority community. That I said in my earlier letter and it was not one community but all those who are concerned.”
Last September, Shinde had said the Centre had received various representations on alleged harassment of innocent Muslim youth by law enforcement agencies.
“Some of the minority youth have started feeling that they are deliberately targeted and deprived of their basic rights,” he wrote and emphasised that the government is committed to its core principle of combating terrorism in every form and manifestation.
Ibrahim not in Pak: FO
Nawa-i-Waqt Report: Reacting to a fresh statement from Indian home minister, Foreign Office stated on Friday Dawood Ibrahim was not in Pakistan and that New Delhi had been made aware of the fact a number of times.
When contacted to learn about Islamabad’s reaction over the terse remarks, FO spokesperson gave a point-by-point reply to Indian allegations.

Why do these fartbag politicians give out sensitive information with ease?

all busllshit, nothing will happen

dawood majje mein satta laga raha hoga IPL mein :D

Political stunts

Once i was told indian polititian will never try to nad dawood because he pays them million of dollars in election so they just bark and do nothing to please gullible indian. :rofl:

His Brother is in indian jail controlling and taking care of his financing from is AC jail.
its all BS if indian where really interested they have took him out long time ago no biggy.
:agree:

Ah look... Indian version of Rehman Malik strikes again...:yahoo:

Lol! If a politician is telling this in public, which is a rather sensitive info, dont even believe it. Its for public consumption and nothing else.

Lol! If a politician is telling this in public, which is a rather sensitive info, dont even believe it. Its for public consumption and nothing else.

I would be surprised if anyone consumes this info of Shinde. Of late he has been making lot of claims, which are nothing but full of hot air!

Okay guys cool it. Yes this man has some a bit of a loose tongue but he is a senior elected official and what he is saying/doing doesn't warrant the kind of comments he has received.

What he is saying is neither a state secret nor anything new. One would expect these things to be happening anyway. No specific details have gone out- not even close. And yes it's not ideal to be making such remarks but then given the way India works, if he was to say nothing about Dawood he would be criticised for being silent and inactive on the matter-of that I have no doubt. India is a democracy after all and many of the people are rather ignorant to these sorts of things so he has to play to the crowd- to an extent. He obviously is walking a fine line but I think what he said was acceptable. I mean how many times did senior US officials make similar comments about OBL and finding him at all costs working with their allies?

And to be fair to the guy, under him Indian agencies have nabbed some really big "fish" so he's not just a blabbering fool. He has delivered in many ways.

And if it is all just a political stunt- wouldn't nabbing Dawood be the ultimate one? I mean how impressive would that look on any Govt's record!

Back
Top Bottom