What's new

Join army after my BS Elec. Engineering

toxicdevil

New Recruit

Reaction score
If I would join army after my BS Elec. Engineering from LUMS by Direct Short Service Commission in corps of signals or electrical and mech. engineering.

My basic rank would be that of a captain right?

What kind of office work would I be doing as I wont be in the combat.

How does the promotion system work? In how many years what rank can I get?

Whats the maximum rank I can get?

Can I transfer to other departments? like into the army (combatant.)

As army doctors are allowed private practice are engineers also allowed private jobs?

And lastly the pay of a captain is ONLY 19000 rs. with annual increments of 1000rs.(as far as I know.) So I would like to know about the facilities etc that a capt. gets.

Thanks.

Pakistan Army is not about how much pay u get or what your rank is it is about sacrifice no private jobs you will have to work in the field get your hands dirty.and don't think you will be a non combatant any one who wares an army uniform is a combatant.

If a man has done BS Mechanical Technology, Recognized by HEC but not Recognized by PEC, Can he apply in Short Service Commission of Pakistan Army EME?

If a man has done BS Mechanical Technology, Recognized by HEC but not Recognized by PEC, Can he apply in Short Service Commission of Pakistan Army EME?

Yes .
You need PEC registration only if you want to do job here or want to pursue further studies.

This degree is recognized by HEC only, not Recognized by PEC.

that's what i said, Army need a degree that is accepted and issued by HEC. PEC se na b ho to koi masla nahe. haan ye hay kay "as a Graduate" tum enter hogy as an "electrical engineer" nahe ho sakty.

that's how it seems to me. Senior member's may know exact answer to your query.

Sir i am twice Not-Recommended by ISSB, now i am getting admission in University to graduate, if my degree (only recognized by HEC) is acceptable then i can apply in Technical Short Services Commission. Twice Not Recommended is not eligible for "Graduate Course" but if he has Technical Degree he can apply for third Chance of ISSB,

Sir i am twice Not-Recommended by ISSB, now i am getting admission in University to graduate, if my degree (only recognized by HEC) is acceptable then i can apply in Technical Short Services Commission. Twice Not Recommended is not eligible for "Graduate Course" but if he has Technical Degree he can apply for third Chance of ISSB,

Yes surely you have last chance to appear for ISSB if you have required CGPA of 2.5 and are under age limit.
I have a similiar story as yours. Graduating and waiting for last ISSB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom