What's new

Joe Biden picks Sen. Kamala Harris to be his vice presidential running mate

Kashmiris are not alone in the world, says US presidential candidate

WASHINGTON: “We have to remind the Kashmiris that they are not alone in the world,” says Kamala Harris, a major Democratic candidate for the 2020 US presidential election.

“We are keeping a track on the situation. There is a need to intervene if the situation demands,” she said in a recent statement. Her comments are even more significant because she is of Indian descent from her mother’s side.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1509674

1. She just meant to please Pakistani/Muslim Voters
2. She has not said anything unusual or that is against India
3. On her statement, "There is a need to intervene if the situation demands".....US interventions has never been in favour of Pakistan...they intervened during Kargil and you know the result.... and when they really required to be intervened like in 1971, they never did.

Yeah, Trump has completely mishandled COVID and his efforts to contain China have failed.

My view....close to November, he will fuel mini-war in China's neighbourhood.....this will delay the presidential elections, will get an excuse to make a permanent base in Taiwan (to check china in South china Sea), turn majority of South East countries against China, China might pull back from LAC with India (as need to divert forces), thus will help India in getting eased out on it's borders while saving face for Modi .... all this will give him a face saving apart from assisting him in wiping COVID mistakes (assuming Vaccine too will be available by then) and will help him win back trust of US citizens....and be ready for elections then.

My view....close to November, he will fuel mini-war in China's neighbourhood.....this will delay the presidential elections, will get an excuse to make a permanent base in Taiwan (to check china in South china Sea), turn majority of South East countries against China, China might pull back from LAC with India (as need to divert forces), thus will help India in getting eased out on it's borders while saving face for Modi .... all this will give him a face saving apart from assisting him in wiping COVID mistakes (assuming Vaccine too will be available by then) and will help him win back trust of US citizens....and be ready for elections then.
Or the plan might backfire with New York and DC a radioactive wasteland...

Or the plan might backfire with New York and DC a radioactive wasteland...

Then an SSBN Will rise to launch depth and almost immediately destroy Beijing and Shanghai

Not all Indian-Americans are anti-Pakistan. And she's only 1/2. No real advantage for Modi's India if the Democrats somehow pull this win.

However, if Congress were in power in India, it would have definitely led to a great alliance. Congress is unlikely to win for another 10 years...possibly never in future.

Actually quite the opposite, many Americanized Indian-Americans think from US values (such as seen on Netflix’s Indian Matchmaking :p:) and not the politics of India, hence the statement she made. Being from the Bay Area, there are many groups in her base that will hold her accountable if she moves to the right on that statement. On the other hand, there are national interests that truly dictate US relations to other nations, I’m glad Joe picked her. If elected, as a Traditional American politician she will have to speak up for US values (but not progressive/far left values), just like Obama did, when dealing with other counties, it’s the Democrat’s method, especially among mainstream non-white Democrats.

The next 4 years will be an economic reset and during that time, the US will have to use more trade and soft power to get their allies back in line, to fix what Trump has done, if there is any hope of a united front against China, especially among African and Latin American/Caribbean countries.

Kamala says she is literally a child of the civil rights movement.

I don’t see a friend/enabler of Modi in Kamala, but a partner on common interests in trade, immigration, and dealing with China.

With Imran Khan as the PM, there is a chance his team can woo the democrats just as well as the current administration, should the need arise, and maintain regional balance.

Last edited:
Kamala Harris isn't needed for good US Hindustan relations. We know how far these relations go without Kamala Harris or Tulsi Gabbard.
Every Kamala, Tulsi, Zakir is important these are the names you know but there are thousands of them who work behind the scenes that's the reason for the current relationship between our countries .

Trump is going to be the first president in a long time to lose re-election (i.e. re-selection.)

He has earned the ire of the deep state due to his constant tweeting and revealing their plans. Also he has outlived his usefulness.

Now the state has more powers to deal with dissent using draconian means and ability to target minorities.
I think Trump will easily win the re-election like a cake walk. Lets wait for 90 days and revisit this post.

Lol this would never happen. I'm pretty sure most Americans and the international community could easily see through this political ploy and it would certainly doom him more than help him. And plus, you have no guarantee the war may be a mini-war ... things could easily spiral out of control and may even turn into nuclear war. Even if Trump is deranged enough to do this (which I highly doubt he is), I can assure you his administration is not. Sacrificing US security and putting US service members in huge danger just to boost his election chances would be a non-starter.
Well, we'll see :)
If NYC and Washington DC are turned into "nuclear wastelands", you can be sure Shanghai and Beijing would also suffer the same fate. This is mutually assured destruction.

The rot in the minds of Indians is really pervasive. I am seeing here some Indian is saying international pressure in Kashmir is not good for Pakistan. Pakistan does not believe Kashmir is a bilateral issue, but a global one.

Actually quite the opposite, many Americanized Indian-Americans think from US values (such as seen on Netflix’s Indian Matchmaking :p:) and not the politics of India, hence the statement she made. Being from the Bay Area, there are many groups in her base that will hold her accountable if she moves to the right on that statement. On the other hand, there are national interests that truly dictate US relations to other nations, I’m glad Joe picked her. If elected, as a Traditional American politician she will have to speak up for US values (but not progressive/far left values), just like Obama did, when dealing with other counties, it’s the Democrat’s method, especially among mainstream non-white Democrats.

The next 4 years will be an economic reset and during that time, the US will have to use more trade and soft power to get their allies back in line, to fix what Trump has done, if there is any hope of a united front against China, especially among African and Latin American/Caribbean countries.

Kamala says she is literally a child of the civil rights movement.

I don’t see a friend/enabler of Modi in Kamala, but a partner on common interests in trade, immigration, and dealing with China.

With Imran Khan as the PM, there is a chance his team can woo the democrats just as well as the current administration, should the need arise, and maintain regional balance.

Very beautiful explanation.

1) Kamala Harris is no Indian as some users here are parroting needlessly. She's extreme left. I am not sure how good and effective she is for the liberal cause, but we will wait and watch. The Congress in India might have praise for her. The Sanghis and Hindutvadis will watch her more cautiously. They might even be concerned if she pressed too hard on Kashmir.

2) I don't think Kamala Harris would have any problems with Imran Khan or Pakistan. The US strategy in South Asia will be similar to Bill Clinton era..fair and balanced to both India and Pakistan.

Very beautiful explanation.

1) Kamala Harris is no Indian as some users here are parroting needlessly. She's extreme left. I am not sure how good and effective she is for the liberal cause, but we will wait and watch. The Congress in India might have praise for her. The Sanghis and Hindutvadis will watch her more cautiously. They might even be concerned if she pressed too hard on Kashmir.

2) I don't think Kamala Harris would have any problems with Imran Khan or Pakistan. The US strategy in South Asia will be similar to Bill Clinton era..fair and balanced to both India and Pakistan.

She, herself says she is just American. She is more of a politician; toeing the local party line to stay elected more so then a far left operative like the progressives. Once in DC she could go more center-left to center-right on some issues as her financial backers are the Silicon Valley tech elites like Bezos and Wall Street bankers. Losing the support of Left wing social groups can undo her support in the 2022 midterm elections and from then on she would be a lame duck, so she would stay center-left.

She will need to retain her civil rights roots allies to hold onto a reliable base for her policies should Biden pass away during his term. (her name means Lotus flower, petals above water while roots deep in the river bed) I agree she would be more of a Bill Clinton then an Obama, opportunistic foreign policy and building new alliances. I don’t see her helping either Modi or Congress (directly), but rather extending a policy where India will have to toe the US line if it wants help in countering China. For all the talk of Pakistan working for China, a Biden/Harris presidency would extend the option of India working for the US, versus Trump’s handoff policy. Considering the nature of the threat, Should Biden win, India would take the deal and purchase large amount of weapons on a “ToT” basis off course :azn:, but to keep their allies in the US happy, the Indians may have to accept human rights interference in matter like Kashmir, and the minorities in India. Nothing is for free and everyone has a domestic audience they need to please back home. Modi may not be willing to accept this deal and Congress would, which in a way could help them win the next election, if at the cost of some of India’s sovereignty.

She is potentially very dangerous to a Hindutuva India, but a potentially great partner to Congress version of a pluralistic India. She is not a Tulsi Gabbard, who is dyed in the wool a Saffron Soldier at heart.

Back
Top Bottom